It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia : Season 5

• Series Premiere Date: Aug 4, 2005
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
9.1

1. Aug 13, 2013
    Absolutely hilarious. It's Always Sunny really returns to what made it amazing in the early seasons and continues to be one of the funniest shows on television.
  2. May 26, 2013
    It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia's fifth season remains laugh out loud funny throughout further cementing its place amongst my favourite comedy series of all time.
  3. Sep 18, 2012
    This show is hilarious. This show is hilarious. This show is hilarious. This show is hilarious. This show is hilarious. This show is hilarious.
  4. Apr 2, 2012
    Pretty much the same as what I said about the previous 4 seasons. I love watching this show and it has yet to get old for me. I cant wait to start the next season.
  5. Mar 11, 2011
    BEST SHOW EVER! Ridiculously funny. The whole cast is awesome. Every episode will keep you laughing. The characters are always getting themselves into crazy situations and it is always fun to watch.
  6. Dec 19, 2010
    Fantastic season with tons of great moments. The writers somehow keep coming up with hilarious new ideas and great ways of revisiting old gags, and that is remarkable. Way WAY funnier than most of the shows on television, even the "critically acclaimed" ones.
  7. JoshL
    Jan 7, 2010
    Easily the funniest show on tv. The chemistry between the cast is obvious in every episode and adds to the hilarity of the show. One of few shows out there that is not afraid to take any topic, no matter how sensitive, and find the humor in it. Truly a one of a kind show.
  8. AlexL
    Dec 28, 2009
    This show is simply the best thing on TV right now. I haven't enjoyed anything this much since Arrested Development.
  9. MatthewW
    Nov 4, 2009
    There have been no absolutely awesome shows this season, and I think it's Frank's fault. He is more like one of the gang now. He was always the better scammer, and always had more of an antagonistic relationship with the core players. he is now just one of the guys, and we are missing his almost "straight man" like voice of "reason". He would always set them against each other, There have been no absolutely awesome shows this season, and I think it's Frank's fault. He is more like one of the gang now. He was always the better scammer, and always had more of an antagonistic relationship with the core players. he is now just one of the guys, and we are missing his almost "straight man" like voice of "reason". He would always set them against each other, and that would create the laughs (the "Manhunter" episode being an example). Now he just seems to be as bumbling as the others. Expand
  10. RemM
    Oct 29, 2009
    This season is just as good as the others. "Sweet Dee Gets Married" is my favorite episode of the whole series.
  11. TimQ
    Oct 16, 2009
    Absolutely fantastic. Frank's intervention is an instant classic and everything so far this season has had me in stitches. They're definitely over whatever minor slump the writer's strike may have induced. Best comedy on TV.
  12. ChristopherT
    Oct 11, 2009
    This show still makes me laugh out loud, which is rare with TV right now!
  13. SethM
    Oct 4, 2009
    Always Sunny remains my favorite show on television. But this season is letting me down, it seems as though the writing process is becoming more rushed, and they are given less time to revise the real jokes, or gags in this season thus far. Season 4 is better than this season so far. Also, whats up with the product placement this season?? Seems to me these jokes aren't landing as Always Sunny remains my favorite show on television. But this season is letting me down, it seems as though the writing process is becoming more rushed, and they are given less time to revise the real jokes, or gags in this season thus far. Season 4 is better than this season so far. Also, whats up with the product placement this season?? Seems to me these jokes aren't landing as good as Seasons 1-3 did. I feel like the ending to Mortgage Crisis didn't make sense, and was a subpar ending at best. Still love the hell out of this show, they just need to step it up some more. Expand
  14. TroyM.
    Oct 2, 2009
    I agree with Martin S. I have loved this show from the beginning, but it seems the producers feel a need to get the gang out of the bar more, and as such some of the more intimate (and absurd) relationship dynamics have been lost - just watch how each of the characters act and relate to each other in season 1 versus the first few episodes of season 5 - here's hoping the rest of the I agree with Martin S. I have loved this show from the beginning, but it seems the producers feel a need to get the gang out of the bar more, and as such some of the more intimate (and absurd) relationship dynamics have been lost - just watch how each of the characters act and relate to each other in season 1 versus the first few episodes of season 5 - here's hoping the rest of the season steers itself back in that direction. Expand
  15. MicahM.
    Oct 1, 2009
    No other show on TV makes me laugh so consistently as It's Always Sunny, with the possible exception of 30 Rock.
  16. MartinS
    Sep 20, 2009
    Maybe it's me but the episodes seem to get more outlandish every season. This show runs the risk of becoming a caricature of itself.
  17. GuilhermeM
    Sep 19, 2009
    This show is awesome.
  18. CameronA
    Sep 18, 2009
    Great start to what should prove to be a very entertaining season.
  19. JohnM
    Sep 18, 2009
    Top notch. But not as subtle as some episodes.
  20. BradR
    Sep 18, 2009
    Love, Love, LOVE this show. It's the funniest thing on television. It makes "The Office" look like something on the Disney Channel.

Season 5 brings more of the same, but the characters are so well delineated and the performances are so solid that more of the same is a good thing.
  2. It's Always Sunny is still very much It's Always Sunny, which should be good news to its many fans, especially those who may not long, as I do, for just a bit more subtlety now and then. But, hey, it's OK. DeVito and the rest are totally committed to everything they do, no matter how absurd, and more often than not, they manage to sell it.
  3. Comics have been doing this sort of thing on TV since I Love Lucy and The Jackie Gleason Show in the '50s, but never with the hilarious depravity of Sunny.