• Network: FX , FXX
  • Series Premiere Date: Aug 4, 2005
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8 , 9
7.9

1. Aug 28, 2014
    I only just got the DVDs to this show because I hadn't watched a comedy series in a long time. It is an amazing achievement in sheer, hard-hitting, perverse hilarity. It has an infinite number of amazing qualities, but the its best quality is its honesty. It does not pander to the masses (read CBS audience) or sink into melodrama and touching moments; rather, it delivers laughters aplenty with an almost0psychopathic detachment. I have watched it thru season 9 and I hope there are many further seasons in the future. Kudos. Expand
  2. Jun 7, 2014
    I really really really hate to say this because I've watched every single episode of this show and I loved it so much, but this show has definitely lost its flare as it progressed and by far this is the worst season. The jokes are too overdone and too forced and the storylines are contrived. This is definitely the show's lowest point.
  3. May 12, 2014
    Another good season of It's always sunny packed full of laughs and memorable characters that you expect from It's always sunny. What separates this season from the rest however is the amount of callbacks used in this season, almost every episode has them sometimes it works other times it felt a little flat. They also try a couple of new things this season such as a short animation sequence in the gang saves the day, which is one of the stronger episodes of the season. Overall I felt like it was another good season.
    Stand-out episode: The gang tries desperately to win an award: This rivals many always sunny favourites, and is in my top 5 episodes of the series.
  4. Apr 18, 2014
    The thing that makes this show so hilarious, to me at least, is that it's honest. There are a lot of shows and movies and even musicians out there who engage in raunchy, edgy, controversial behavior for the sake of producing shock value. I don't feel that that is not the case here. Nope. These guys (and gal) don't seem to be interested in offending people. They don't come across as if they revel in being politically incorrect. No. They just...are. They are a group of people who genuinely go against the grain and sincerely speak their mind. And since they are creative and talented on top of that...we have an awesome TV show. Possibly my favorite aspect of Always Sunny is the way that a lot of it's funniest moments are in context. It's not all one-liners and silly dances. Instead you may often find yourself rolling on the floor in laughter because a certain something happened amid an entire set of other somethings and you suddenly realize how ridiculous the whole situation is. At times none of the characters are really even doing anything and I find myself cracking up at the mere thought of what kind of human beings they are. When Country Mac falls off of his bike in season 9, episode 5 I just about slipped into a hilarity induced coma. Maybe the funniest thing on television. And also...very smart. Expand
  5. Jan 17, 2014
    This season eventually redeemed itself with some pretty funny episodes. My favorite was when Charlie believed he was a genius. However, I still can't believe how bad of a start it got off too, and even this season's best episodes don't have nearly the wild brilliance of their predecessors. But, glad the year was saved anyways.
  6. Jan 8, 2014
    It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia’s ninth season sometimes seemed to lack the kind of manic energy of the show at its very best but it remains one of the funniest comedies currently on TV, and certainly had me laughing throughout.
  7. Dec 7, 2013
    I am a little disappointed with this season. I still love this show, and all the characters, however, i feel like this season is going downhill a little bit. Some of the jokes are not as funny and 'real' as previous seasons, as it feels quite forced and overly done, specially the fact that they experimented with a lot of stuffs with the action and special effects that i personally think it has lost its personality that was meant to be sort of more 'grounded'. I also felt like the creativity is fading, mainly because of the humors taken has already been done in the past seasons, and they are not as funny as their original episodes. I still found many humorous parts though, and still find some of them enjoyable to watch. I just felt like it could have done better. Expand
  8. Nov 2, 2013
    Aside from 1 episode (Mac Day), I didn't really care for season nine. It was a bit too predictable and that sort of ruined the fun for me. Sort of weird for a show that I once absolutely loved go from great to sort of mediocre at best.
  9. Oct 13, 2013
    As much as I love this show, this season has been noticeably weaker compared to all the previous ones. Out of the six episodes to air so far, only the third episode "The Gang Tries Desperately to Win an Award" was the only good episode. Here's to hoping for a strong finish!
  10. Sep 30, 2013
    Best show on TV! I love how you never know what the gang will do next. Charlie's songs about the pub and Frank inexplicably being stuck in the coil are the sort of delightful treats that keep me counting down the days until the next episode. Best show on TV!!
  11. Sep 9, 2013
    IASIP is a brilliant show and it always will be, the first episode of season 9 was a hilarious kick off to the start of the season, I can only imagine the Hijinks' that are in store for the group. The jokes on dee.

1. Reviewed by: Mark A. Perigard
    Sep 4, 2013
    Sunny is now in its ninth season, but is not showing its age.
  2. Reviewed by: Matt Roush
    Sep 4, 2013
    Sunny gets its ninth season off to a strong start with a typically perverse episode.
  3. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Sep 3, 2013
    Sunny is Punch and Judy for our time: invigoratingly primal entertainment.[9 Sep 2013, p.41]