It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Aug 4, 2005
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
8.9

1. Sep 28, 2010
    Greatest TV show of all time... Hilarious as well as just overall fun to watch, you can't help but love all the dysfunctional characters, even Danny DeVito as Frank Reynolds, but especially Charlie. My fave TV series
  2. Nov 3, 2010
    Probably the funniest show on TV right now. It's amazing that we are 6 seasons in and it still feels as fresh and funny as the first few seasons. I can't wait for Thursdays now because of this show alone.
  3. Nov 29, 2010
    BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOWBEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!BEST SHOW EVER!!!the best Expand
  4. Dec 27, 2010
    For awhile, this was my favorite show on television but it has slipped a bit lately. Seasons 3 and 4 are insanely funny and possibly the funniest two seasons I've ever seen from any show. Seasons 1 and 2 are ok. Season 5 and 6 have about 2 good episodes each. I love a show that doesn't hold back and they definitely don't.
  5. Mar 11, 2011
    BEST SHOW EVER! Ridiculously funny. The whole cast is awesome. Never an episode that won't make you laugh. The cast are always getting themselves into crazy situations and it is always fun to watch.
  6. Aug 27, 2011
    Pure godliness on TV 10 out of 10
  7. Apr 2, 2013
    One of the funniest shows I have ever seen, period. It's Always Sunny is packed with raunchy and hilarious humor that will make you laugh so hard you might cry. The acting in this show is just fantastic, all of the actors in this show (especially Danny DeVito) play these dysfunctional people fantastically. One of the best shows on TV, but easilly the funniest. The only thing keeping meOne of the funniest shows I have ever seen, period. It's Always Sunny is packed with raunchy and hilarious humor that will make you laugh so hard you might cry. The acting in this show is just fantastic, all of the actors in this show (especially Danny DeVito) play these dysfunctional people fantastically. One of the best shows on TV, but easilly the funniest. The only thing keeping me from giving this a straight ten, is the fact that it may be predictable at times, but that doesn't take away from it at all, there can just be a few times when you can tell when something is going to happen. Other than that, this is an absolutely fabulous show that will keep you coming back for more. Expand
  8. Mar 1, 2016
    This show is a still for some unknown reason a hidden gem which not many in my country have heard about, but it is H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S and written and played so smart (I guess because studio involvement was kept to a minimum).

Highly recommended, if not just for all for all those laugh-out-loud joyful moments it gave me during the years.
  9. Sep 22, 2014
    If the cast of Friends were alcoholics and monumental bastards to one another, the chemistry between the main cast and in fact all the recurring characters is just hilarious.
  10. May 16, 2016
    My favourite sitcom ever, standard has dropped a little in the later seasons but as a whole the show is just awesome, the gang are all great and each bring their own thing to the table, comedy get get pretty dark at times but thats the way i like it
  11. Nov 3, 2014
    Never before has ANYONE tried so hard to purposely step on the toes of the "politically correct cops" in Hollywood/Showbiz, and successfully gotten away with it. Nor has anyone so blatantly called out the "City of Brotherly Love" on their total *ss-hole-ness. Cheers. Bravo. Bravo Fortissimo!
  12. Aug 1, 2016
    This TV show is VERY funny well I only watched like 10 episodes but all of them appeal to me amazingly and the jokes and characters are hilarious. This tv show is my 6th favorite TV show.
  13. Nov 1, 2011
    This show is hilarious. Tosh is funny. And he will tear down anyone with no conscience. Most people are too weak minded to listen to this comedy. But as long as your not some Jesus freak and there's no kids around this guy will make you laugh
  14. Jul 19, 2015
    I start watching the series of It's always sunny after watching one Episode, One episode was enough to get me addict to the fun and craziness of the Sunny characters. for me is one of the best shows of all the times. I was using the D.E.N.N.I.S System unconsciously when i saw the that episode i was like Damn.
  15. Aug 20, 2010
    It's Always Sunny is a comedy that hits all the right buttons, and plenty of the wrong ones, in pursuit of laughs and ass-backward social commentary. The show is Seinfeld-esque, but drops the laugh-track and is updated for the 21st century. The first episode tackles racism through the gang's inability to act natural around a new black friend, the second addresses abortion, feminism andIt's Always Sunny is a comedy that hits all the right buttons, and plenty of the wrong ones, in pursuit of laughs and ass-backward social commentary. The show is Seinfeld-esque, but drops the laugh-track and is updated for the 21st century. The first episode tackles racism through the gang's inability to act natural around a new black friend, the second addresses abortion, feminism and childcare, and the third conquers underage drinking and the follies of dating young. The show is non-stop debauchery that manages to maintain an edge through 5+ seasons. Expand
  16. Sep 29, 2011
    Best show on TV PERIOD. I live my life based on the teachings of Frank Reynolds and Charlie Kelly. Bird Law is in effect and the Gruesome Twosome is enforcing.
  17. Dec 15, 2010
    Best original show on TV! Every character is a comedic genius. Each season gets better and better and the stories are having more and more overlapping themes. AWESOME! Already can't wait until Sept. for season 7! Let's keep our fingers crossed that they keep them coming after that.
  18. Mar 28, 2012
    As well as being consistently hilarious and well written, this show is also very intelligent with good pacing and characters we both love and hate. The actors play off each other and they have a great chemistry together. What I love most about this show is the seamless blend it creates between reality and ridiculousness, to the extent that at the end of each episode you can't help butAs well as being consistently hilarious and well written, this show is also very intelligent with good pacing and characters we both love and hate. The actors play off each other and they have a great chemistry together. What I love most about this show is the seamless blend it creates between reality and ridiculousness, to the extent that at the end of each episode you can't help but think "How the hell did they get themselves into this situation?" Expand
  19. Sep 13, 2011
    This is seriously the best show ever! This show is just hilarious and makes me crack up so hard it makes me piss countless times(not literally). Not only is it just funny as hell, it doesn't have the stupid laugh tapes. I hate those. This show is fantastic and makes me laugh every episode.
  20. Sep 18, 2012
    This show is hilarious. This show is hilarious. This show is hilarious. This show is hilarious. This show is hilarious. This show is hilarious.
  21. May 26, 2012
    More than anything else I found the first season of this slightly spearheading show to be like a breath of fresh air after stepping out of some dark, cigarette smelling bar. Sure, comedies about young, twenty-somethings with the backdrop of a watering hole behind them isn't new or groundbreaking but the group dynamic of the "gang" feels fresh and unprocessed. The comedy itself is radicalMore than anything else I found the first season of this slightly spearheading show to be like a breath of fresh air after stepping out of some dark, cigarette smelling bar. Sure, comedies about young, twenty-somethings with the backdrop of a watering hole behind them isn't new or groundbreaking but the group dynamic of the "gang" feels fresh and unprocessed. The comedy itself is radical and somewhat raw and although these episodes DON'T feature the wonderfully comedic Danny DeVito, they are well worth a decent showing at least once. Expand
  22. Feb 8, 2012
    One of the funniest shows on tv right now. Everyone is just so independently funny, some of the situations they think up are so great you have to see to believe.
  23. Mar 25, 2012
    A downright hilarious show that keeps you entertained from start to finish. I love watching it and I cant wait to watch the next season. Really enjoyable comedy show imo.
  24. Feb 18, 2012
    If you ever want to start watching a comedy TV Show and you didn't see this one yet, get it. It's worth it, because it's the best thing out there. The humor is everything from stupid and disgusting to subtle and genius. I love this show.
  25. Mar 21, 2012
    This show will never die, as it shouldnt thankfully you can never kill the teachings of charlie kelly and the new fat mac which was a great addition in the 7th season
  26. Aug 3, 2013
    Certainly one of the better comedies on TV nowadays. The problem with a lot of comedies is that they are not funny enough, but with this one, that is not even close to an issue.
  27. Nov 2, 2012
    I generally try to avoid shows in which characters never really grow or change, but this show is hilarious. It can at times be cringe-worthy in pursuit of laughs, but I think that's part of its charm.
  28. May 23, 2013
    Love this show its the most funniest sarcastic show i have ever seen season 7 was a bit boring but taking season 1-6 and 8 into account its more than great i would love to see more seasons
  29. Jan 23, 2016
    This show is very funny and points out a lot of issues that are commonly ignored by todays society. While having a low budget, it still manages to have decent writing.
  30. May 18, 2013
    The best funny tv-show ever! I watched it since it started and I can say, that it is my favorite show. It is comedy at its best. And also Charlies dumb actions are the best.
  31. Nov 1, 2016
    Incredible, amazing, divine show that clearly has God's fingerprints on it. Seriously. This show is lightning in a bottle. It is divinely inspired and miraculously formed. There are certain things that happen on TV that seem too good to be true - shows like Seinfeld and Always Sunny. The writing, the actors, everything just comes together to form something that's more than the sum of itsIncredible, amazing, divine show that clearly has God's fingerprints on it. Seriously. This show is lightning in a bottle. It is divinely inspired and miraculously formed. There are certain things that happen on TV that seem too good to be true - shows like Seinfeld and Always Sunny. The writing, the actors, everything just comes together to form something that's more than the sum of its parts. It might sound weird but I am being totally serious when I say that you can see the face of God in this show, provided you "get" it. It is just perfection. This show has the highest percentage of 10/10 perfect episodes of any show I've ever seen. It's hard not to be in awe of the whole thing. The way the jokes develop over years, the evolution (devolution) of the characters, jokes that become more funny the more you watch and re-watch the entire show. I have seen every episode at least 10 times and there are jokes that continue to stay funny because the humor is not some fleeting joke or a punchline but is rooted in something beyond typical comedy. The absurdity of the characters and the world this show creates, everything about this show is amazing. The jokes become more funny with multiple watches because you get to know the characters more, and even if you've seen it 10 times before, you can keep watching and keep gaining more and more insight into the characters' minds, which makes the jokes even funnier than you realized the first 9 times you watched it.

This show finds a way to make things that should be funny funny. It laughs at mental illness, insanity, narcissism, alcoholism, etc. All of these serious things are presented as hilarious. This is why it reminds me of Seinfeld - it presents serious things in such a funny way that you can't help but laugh at them, and as a result, laugh at life.
  32. Jan 22, 2017
    The best comedy series ever. Spontaneity at its best, while sometimes achieving quite remarkable, fresh episodes. The series it's intelligent in the way it explores the dumbness of its leading characters that are absolutely marvelous.

1. Arizona Republic
    Reviewed by: Bill Goodykoontz
    Jul 15, 2013
    What makes it palatable is that it is often laugh-out-loud hilarious. If Seinfeld broke down a few barriers when it came to subject matter in a sitcom, Philadelphia gleefully smashes right through them. [3 Aug 2005]
  2. Boston Herald
    Reviewed by: Mark A. Perigard
    Jul 15, 2013
    The castmates aren't polished performers, but they know how to work a joke fast and move on. [4 Aug 2005]
  3. Chicago Tribune