tbd

No user score yet- Awaiting 3 more ratings

1. Jan 21, 2011
    There is no one quite like James Ellroy - and in a world filled with hyperbole, if you have seen him, or read his work, you would surely agree that he is unique. Tall, bald, now over 60, the LA native takes center stage in this spooky, fascinating, compelling series. Seeing is believing and I am a bit surprised, and yet thrilled, the the network apparently let him just be himself. Sure, I am a noir fan, and consider LA Confidential one of the masterpieces films of the 1990s. But I have read five of Ellroy's book, including non-fiction, and is he ever talented (as he admits in the first episode, while remaining modest otherwise).
    This is not for everyone, but it sure hit the spot for me!
tbd

No score yet - based on 2 Critics

1. Reviewed by: Jesse Hicks
    Jan 19, 2011
    His new foray into television, James Ellroy's LA: City of Demons, delivers more of the same. And his pulp-noir style and fixation on dead women will probably appeal to fans but win no new converts.
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Jan 19, 2011
    Ellroy's potboiler style will be off-putting to many people, but the lurid subject matter actually feels like a pretty good fit with Investigation Discovery's unabashed immersion in crime.