Jericho : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2
8.6

1. SusanP
    Oct 11, 2006
    The writers must not do much research for this show or else think the average viewer has an IQ of 90. Mountains in Kansas--uh huh. Radiation rain and people going about their business right after it stops. Yep. No one grieving--but party it up at the bar-b-q! Please cancel this soon!
  2. Adrianb
    Nov 1, 2006
    I long for shows which have the content and potetnial of this one. Shame then when I find it boring and annoying already. A few episodes in and I catch myself yelling at the telly for making it formulaic and treating me with contenpt to keep the viewer watching through the next advert by teasing me with that next little piece of info..........
  3. EliC
    Nov 30, 2006
    A great conceept poorly executed. I had high hopes for this series but just can't get past the idiotic storyline and dumb characters for what should be a very serious subject. Is this a nuclear disaster series or an afternoon soap?
  4. MikeC.
    Sep 20, 2006
    The pilot was interesting, and really did do a good job supplying tension and paronia that would go along with seeing a mushroom cloud, and losing contact with the rest of the world. But, signs of trouble developed in the second half-hour, as overwrought plots involving the redemption of a son, and the development of an obvious love triangle surfaced. My faint hope is that these are the The pilot was interesting, and really did do a good job supplying tension and paronia that would go along with seeing a mushroom cloud, and losing contact with the rest of the world. But, signs of trouble developed in the second half-hour, as overwrought plots involving the redemption of a son, and the development of an obvious love triangle surfaced. My faint hope is that these are the growing pains of a new show, but, confidence is low. The obvious warning sign that this show will continue to deteriorate is the presence of Gerald McCrainey, play Expand
  5. robertk
    Sep 24, 2006
    Acting? awful Dialog? awful Mushroom clouds? unconvincing I say 6 episodes till Jericho sees fallout -- of the schedule.
  6. SueG.
    Sep 30, 2006
    Trite. poor script, poor acting. Interesting idea, some good suspense. Unbelievealbe superhero who makes me think of one of the fantastic four! Can't imagine it will last, but what do I know!
  7. fredf
    Oct 7, 2006
    Totally implausable distance from Denver. Salt mines in Kansas give me a break! Dialogue is a joke plot just plain lame!
  8. BillW
    Oct 8, 2006
    A creepy premise, but the execution is god awful. WAY WAY WAY too many scientific goofs. And the people don't act like they're in a nuclear holocaust, which goes straight to the directing.
  9. PatrickD.
    Sep 21, 2006
    Too many setups and I mean that in a bad way. Is it compelling? Yes it is in a few ways, but that does not outweigh the poor writing
  10. KeithS.
    Sep 28, 2006
    The great potential the show has is the plot and drama it could produce. But the liablities of the show seem too weighty at least after two episodes. First, make it more adult both in drama and writing. Trying to make a PG armageddon sort of is an oxymoron. Armageddon is not family viewing so why make it that. Plus, hire new writers. Develop characters better...stop jumping around so much The great potential the show has is the plot and drama it could produce. But the liablities of the show seem too weighty at least after two episodes. First, make it more adult both in drama and writing. Trying to make a PG armageddon sort of is an oxymoron. Armageddon is not family viewing so why make it that. Plus, hire new writers. Develop characters better...stop jumping around so much and develop your story. Get rid of the blond girl (who the prisoners messed with) out, and replace her. She can't act and is not real looking. The story is set in a small Kansas town near Colorado border....so why only whites with one black family. Make it real. The plot is great. I want the show to succeed, but please make changes fast. This show will die early if kept on the same track. Expand
  11. FrankP
    Oct 18, 2006
    The mushroom clouds got me to watch the first episode. The impending fallout kept me watching the second episode. But a burning library and really corny dialogue bored me half-way through the latest episode. I hope this show picks up, or I am going to fins something better to do with my Wednesday nights.
  12. KarenK
    Sep 28, 2006
    Way too gloomy for me - and a bit unbelievable. Contrived and convoluted.
  13. Apr 2, 2013
    Following a nuclear attack on the US the citizens of Jericho are forced to quickly adapt to a new, and far more unpredictable, way of life. A very good pilot episode certainly helped to set everything up concisely featuring a good mix of drama and character introductions, as well as a truly memorable finale. From then on however the show was certainly inconsistent from week to week. TheFollowing a nuclear attack on the US the citizens of Jericho are forced to quickly adapt to a new, and far more unpredictable, way of life. A very good pilot episode certainly helped to set everything up concisely featuring a good mix of drama and character introductions, as well as a truly memorable finale. From then on however the show was certainly inconsistent from week to week. The gradual uncovering of who was behind the attacks certainly made for interesting viewing but a number of storylines seemed to have been written just to fill in episodes.

While it could have possibly benefited from a shorter, tighter season Jericho is definitely worth giving a try.
  14. Oct 20, 2011
    A great concept that I stuck with to the end, it was worth it but there's too many episodes where your thinking WTF? why is this happening? and too many moments that you think, "seriously?...after a nuclear attack....your actually thinking about that?.....wait!.....your actually gonna do that!". Nice story with some good characters and Robert Hawkins is AMAZING! but generally willA great concept that I stuck with to the end, it was worth it but there's too many episodes where your thinking WTF? why is this happening? and too many moments that you think, "seriously?...after a nuclear attack....your actually thinking about that?.....wait!.....your actually gonna do that!". Nice story with some good characters and Robert Hawkins is AMAZING! but generally will consistently wind you up and leave you wondering who they got to write the episodes while the real writer was off sick. Expand
  15. Apr 2, 2017
    Посмотрел 7 серий.
    Первые две серии очень даже интересные, загадочные и атмосферные, но чем дальше, тем меньше всего этого. В городке вообще не чувствуется того, что наступила война или апокалипсис. Скучные диалоги, очень мало действия, наверное, создатели думали, что можно обеспечить рейтинги только за счёт какого-то твиста в конце серии, но нет.
    Итог: Интересная задумка, средняя
    Посмотрел 7 серий.
    Итог: Интересная задумка, средняя реализация.

1. A catastrophic nuclear crisis never looked as boring and convoluted as it does here.
  2. "Jericho" doesn't pretend to be artistically risky, but it's got a scary and gripping theme in an age of terrorism and nuclear thuggery.
  3. Jericho works when it sticks to the eerie surreality of a nuclear attack... The show, unfortunately, flops about in its first two episodes, leaning too heavily on the action-adventure stuff.