Justice (2006) : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Aug 30, 2006
8.5

1. NatalieD
    Sep 2, 2006
    Critics can be unfair sometimes- I feel this show will go a long, long way. Wonderful cast, Kerr Smith really surprised me- in a great way. Well directed and pretty well written as well. Thumbs up from this picky viewer.
  2. BrookS
    Sep 9, 2006
    Slcik but totally empty. I was very put off by the hyperbolic glitz. All surface not substance.
  3. RyanJ
    Oct 12, 2006
    One of the rare shows in recent memory that leave me shocked that an entire hour has passed when it ends. Doesn't lose my attention for a second.
  4. linab
    Oct 31, 2006
    Love it! its interesting, fun to watch, full of smart sarcasm...definitely look forward to it every week!
  5. RichardR
    Aug 31, 2006
    Flying in the face of most professional reviewers comments, I felt this show was incredibly shallow, noisy, and ulitmately annoying. Things were done and said in the court room scenes, especially by the prosecutor, that no decent defense lawyer (or judge) would let pass. I will give Justicet one more show of my time to see if it improves by my standards. My suspicion is that it will not.
  6. StevenE
    Aug 30, 2006
    Overall a great start, the show is interesting and has a lot of potentional so long as they continue to build stories with the characters. I did find it a bit boring that the "amazing" end video was exact to the case. Will be interesting to see where the show goes.
  7. NCoste
    Sep 1, 2006
    With so many forensic holes in the story, it's as if none of the producers ever saw an episode of Bruckhiemer's CSI. The cast is poorly directed, with Graves (the stiff Black lawyer) seems like a Green Beret who is ready, when his "captain" says "Appeal," he answers "How High?" Lastly, the "truth" tag was pedantic at best.
  8. DougS
    Sep 2, 2006
    I felt like someone had hit me over the head with one of those cartoon mallet. Yes, Jerry, we get the point already. Your show is about a LA law firm that employs a "shadow jury" to help direct strategy during a criminal trial. So, how many clients does TNT+G have who (a) are accused of murder (b) can afford millions for legal representation where (c) the evidence is in dispute. I think I felt like someone had hit me over the head with one of those cartoon mallet. Yes, Jerry, we get the point already. Your show is about a LA law firm that employs a "shadow jury" to help direct strategy during a criminal trial. So, how many clients does TNT+G have who (a) are accused of murder (b) can afford millions for legal representation where (c) the evidence is in dispute. I think most multi-millionaires are NOT arresed on criminal charges - which is why the OJ trial was so unique. Who is this law firm going to represent for 22 cases a season, and how much do they really charge? Expand
  9. GordonT
    Sep 7, 2006
    Im not sure why I even gave this show a "2". The acting is so over done and the script so lame a human could not have written it. I forced myself to watch the first show but last night I only lasted 15 minutes. I feel sorry for anyone who liked this garbage.
  10. LisaG
    Sep 8, 2006
    I have really enjoyed the first two epidoses of this new show - I love that you get to see what really happened.
  11. EricaP
    Feb 5, 2007
    I was very disappointed FOX cancelled this show. I thought the script was intelligent & flowed nicely. I loved the unique piece this show had-showing what "really" happened! That's what is missing from other shows such as Law & Order. Yes, you can make an educated guess, but like real life, you can never be sure. Here, there was some closure to the episode & when I am being I was very disappointed FOX cancelled this show. I thought the script was intelligent & flowed nicely. I loved the unique piece this show had-showing what "really" happened! That's what is missing from other shows such as Law & Order. Yes, you can make an educated guess, but like real life, you can never be sure. Here, there was some closure to the episode & when I am being entertained, that is a nice end. Expand
  12. CC
    Mar 7, 2007
    BRING THIS SHOW BACK! Fox you have made Australian viewers be subject to MEDICAL MYSTERIES! The show was the combination of Boston Legal with the Practice. BRING IT BACK!
  13. JeffF
    Oct 3, 2006
    A great hybrid show... CSI meets Boston Legal. So far the stories have been varied and believable and the end reveal at the end of every episode is a great touch.
  14. raindancer
    Aug 31, 2006
    It was great to see Victor Garber playing a character unlike any he has played before. I hope they give us something to like about Trott b/c right now, he's pretty much just a bastard. It would be nice to see him pet a kitten or something.
  15. DavidH
    Aug 31, 2006
    I thought this was a great show that combined some very innovative ideas to actually show what takes place in a court room these days. No one really knows what goes on within a high profile media trial and how that can dramatically effect the outcome of a trial. I enjoyed the fast paced camera action. I was on the edge of my seat waiting to find out the outcome. Thumbs up for me.
  16. NickC
    Aug 30, 2006
    Excellent work. A fresh, new approach. Almost as good as The Practice in its prime!
  17. CB
    Aug 30, 2006
    Solid. I like the cast and they have CSIed the court show. I'll watch again...
  18. sebastiang
    Sep 17, 2006
    very good to watch. loved to watch it. i saw all the 3 episodes and it comes better than previous one.
  19. ArtieR
    Sep 3, 2006
    I loved the show. I think it shines a true light on our legal system. It's not about good guys and bad guys, innocence or guilt. It's about winning and who can afford the best representation. Richard Prior, after appearing in court, once said " as a black man I went to court looking for Justice and that's what I found just us." I thing writer/producer Jonathan Shapiro, as a I loved the show. I think it shines a true light on our legal system. It's not about good guys and bad guys, innocence or guilt. It's about winning and who can afford the best representation. Richard Prior, after appearing in court, once said " as a black man I went to court looking for Justice and that's what I found just us." I thing writer/producer Jonathan Shapiro, as a former federal attorney, gives us a true picture of the legal profession. Expand
  20. NinaD
    Sep 5, 2006
    Should not be up againts criminal minds and lost. Are they crazy? It's a good show, but cannot watch 3 shows, I can only record 1 and i'm loyal to the other 2. Sorry!
  21. KevinB
    Sep 5, 2006
    This would be a lot better if every scene wasn't reaching for the bleachers. In the premiere, the DA that tried the case was so over-the-top in his acting - and even worse with his writing - if I were a member on that jury, I would've voted Not Guilty just to irritate him. And, come on, bringing a tarp and a blood-filled head into the courtroom? Not only over the top, but This would be a lot better if every scene wasn't reaching for the bleachers. In the premiere, the DA that tried the case was so over-the-top in his acting - and even worse with his writing - if I were a member on that jury, I would've voted Not Guilty just to irritate him. And, come on, bringing a tarp and a blood-filled head into the courtroom? Not only over the top, but unrealistic. And "what really happened" is unnecessary, because if their clients aren't truly innocent at least 16-18 of the episodes, it's going to come off like they're putting murderers on the street on a regular basis. And that kid lawyer can't act his way out of a paper courtroom! Expand
  22. DonnaG
    Sep 5, 2006
    I really liked this show. I liked how they showed what really happened at the end.
  23. jaik
    Sep 9, 2006
    Loved the show
  24. cynthiaw
    Jan 4, 2007
    I love this show. It really keeps your interest
  25. PalomaL
    Jan 6, 2007
    I love this show. Don' t get to exibed this show!!!!!!!!!
  26. angelac
    Jan 9, 2007
    I love this show.
  27. AimeeS
    Feb 22, 2007
    Bring it back!
  28. JessicaT
    Nov 16, 2006
    This is a wonderful show!
    Nov 1, 2006
    Love it!! Quick, smart, and great cast!
  30. EmilyG
    Oct 17, 2006
    Hokey.
  31. megang
    Dec 1, 2006
    I absolutly love this show and when it was off the air i was so upset. I am so happy it is back on the air.
  32. annm
    Dec 15, 2006
    I love justice! Its great don't often get to see a show that actually shows what reallly did happen!
  33. angela
    Oct 4, 2006
    i love this show so much. thats it i look foward to it every week !!!
  34. SevanG
    Aug 31, 2006
    Absolutely amazing work. It's the next craze of CSI. I'm hooked !
  35. SuviN
    Aug 31, 2006
    It kept me watching so it wasn't too bad it wasn't the best either. Plus I like watching Victor Garber, he's a good actor.
  36. MatthewD
    Aug 31, 2006
    Great show. Very fast, but totally interesting. The only problem is there will be no exploration of characters if the show doesn't start breaking down the cases in at least 2 shows.
  37. CSmith
    Aug 31, 2006
    I enjoyed law dramas. This shows adds a twist in its ending which is new and inventive!
  38. AmyK
    Aug 31, 2006
    It has just started, so we'll have to see. I do like the idea of seeing it from the other side. I also like that they show the truth at the end of it so you know if you were rooting for the correct side. The first episode kept my attention.
  39. BrianG
    Outstanding first episode. Great cast
  40. LelandK
    Sep 1, 2006
    Great first episode, but i give it a nine for that fact of the future. I would like to see some cases in which the defense unfortunately loses and the endings differ from the actual verdict. I like the cast and the premise of the show.
  41. KellyM
    Sep 10, 2006
    Awesome show. Love it and will continue to watch.
  42. MaryAliceH
    Sep 1, 2006
    Completely unprofessional and unrealistic courtroom antics, preditable dialog, plus very manipulative emotionality, along with two-dimensional characters, adds up to a show I would not voluntarily watch again. Boston Legal is so much more interesting!! I am pretty disappointed in Bruckheimer - I expected the writing to be much better.
  43. ROBERTM
    Sep 15, 2006
    I like this show. It reminds me of CSI and I am a day one fan of that show. I have see two episodes and the both have been excellent. I like the gimmick at the end showing you what happened.
  44. GeorgeM
    Sep 21, 2006
    Very cynical, highly watchable parallel universe. Very "Sorkin-like" with plenty of pop culture (cable TV) references. Could be better if not for all the Fox TV touches. (Overdramatic acting, high tech gizmos that don't exist, glossy video, etc.)
  45. JasonA
    Sep 20, 2006
    Best new show so far this season.
  46. kcstamps
    Sep 6, 2006
    Great show!! Not since "the Practice" has there been a greater show about lawyers. Being a lawyer myself, I have watched both episodes with intrigue. I am very excited about the show!!!
  47. dub
    Sep 7, 2006
    A splashy, soapy, over-the-top melodrama that Victor Garber and co. somehow manage to make a thoroughly entertaining vehicle for an hour of giddy escapism.
  48. AlanG
    Sep 7, 2006
    The show is nothing more than a cartoonish piece of science fiction with wooden actors. The characters are totally unlikeable, the writing is plastic and all the glitz is a smokescreen for all the unreality the show portrays. Laughable at best. Unfortunately this will probably be hit like that other peice of junk CSI.
  49. bm
    Sep 7, 2006
    I love this show. As a lawyer I think there are things in there to add to the drama, but I think it is a great show. Love watching it. It gives you a sincere look at what criminal lawyers do, just wish it was longer because it goes by too fast and overpowers the great actors.
  50. StephP
    Sep 7, 2006
    It's as cheesy as CSI Miami for the unreal stories and flashy gadgets, but at least they got Horatio Kane to make it funny and entertaining... Justice has no soul... Thank God Scrubs plays at the same time!! Zach Braff is a genius! Jerry should learn a few things from him in the lost art of TV entertainment!
  51. AimeeS
    Jan 17, 2007
    Bring it back!
  52. RS
    Jan 18, 2007
    I thought this show was fantastic - brisk, smart, and compelling. I'm really disappointed in FOX. Also, loved the cast. Such a shame!!!
  53. IreneG
    Jan 25, 2007
    I loved this show, and as usual anything I seem to like over the past few years has been cancelled, please bring it back!!!!!
  54. mayz
    Jan 31, 2007
    Haven't they heard of steady cam. Gave me a rotten headache. Won't be watching this one again
  55. LuisA
    Jan 8, 2007
    That's a wonderfull serie. and we can see kerr Smith as handsome as always
  56. laurah
    Feb 9, 2007
    the show is awesome it is shark on the other end only better
  57. ZachD
    May 13, 2007
    It's a great show. Pls bring it back!!!
  58. ErikaS.
    May 22, 2007
    Bring back my favorite show, pretty please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  59. dalee.
    May 27, 2007
    why did they cancell. this program??
  60. Jessica
    Aug 16, 2007
    love it. I wish they would bring it back.
  61. SybilleM.
    Sep 24, 2007
    not yet aired on German tv, I was able to get 12 episodes from a friend of mine on DVD - it really is one of the best shows I have ever seen. Two friends of mine have seen it, too. We all love it. I cannot believe this show has been canceled while shows like close to home are still running.
  62. HarrietR
    May 4, 2008
    BEST SHOW ON TV. Better than Shark. Please put it back on maybe on a different night like Saturday since there is nothing on that night worth watching.
  63. scotth
    Nov 13, 2006
    This is the best show on tv. If Fox cancels it, they will have no shows worth watching!
  64. JackieV
    Nov 13, 2006
    Great show, great cast, great concept. Must watch any night of the week.
  65. MARGIEG
    Nov 16, 2006
    I love at the end and you find out what did happen. Great show.
  66. MadelineM
    Nov 20, 2006
    I love this show, and Victor Garber is the best actor ever!!!!!!
  67. MauriceF
    Sep 11, 2006
    With sharp camera work, i think that the series is so strong pulsating music and no tedious, gimme-an-Emmy closeups, it's like CSI at warp speed.
  68. DebiF
    Sep 12, 2006
    Love the show. The endings are a great twist. Finally a show that completes each episode with a wrap of of "what really happened". I'll never miss an episode.
  69. DanielG
    Sep 21, 2006
    Seriously, the OVERacting on this show is terrible. This show tries WAY too hard. Great premise, terrible acting. Good to laugh at.
  70. rice
    Sep 27, 2006
    execellent the best
  71. KarenK
    Sep 28, 2006
    It keeps getting better. I've watched every episode so far. The roller coaster episode amazed me and I make sure to never miss it. Best show I've seen in a LONG time.
  72. PatB
    Jan 11, 2007
    It seems everytime we like a show it gets cancelled. Justice was the best show on this year and kept being moved around to be sure it would fail. Why not put good shows on nights like Saturday when nothing is on? I am so disappointed in Fox for cancelling the best show all year!
  73. alexandrep
    Feb 21, 2007
    Best Court Series ever. BI can't believe it has been canceled!
  74. Christinaj.
    Jul 12, 2007
    Fox needs to stop caring about critic's and start listening to the people who watch the shows! Do they think people would rather watch reruns than a show they loved even though they ratings were bad? Justice was the best lawyer/court show I've ever seen! Bring Justice back!

At the root, this is essentially Perry Mason redux, only the vibe is less ’50s genteel murder mystery than 21st-century shock and awe.
    Jerry Bruckheimer's latest fun-to-watch procedural.
  3. Entertainment Weekly
    Reviewed by: Gillian Flynn
    All the bases are covered, and if that doesn't make for the most inventive show, it makes for a quite watchable one. [1 Sep 2006, p.61]