• Network: FX
  • Series Premiere Date: Mar 16, 2010
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
9.3

1. May 6, 2011
    This show is the best. If you have not watched it yet you should. Timothy Olyphant has been compared to the young Clint Eastwood. I would agree, with the added comment that Timothy Olyphant is a really good actor. Justified is far superior to The Shield in my opinion and I am so happy that it will have a third season. The combination of humor, tension and character development is justThis show is the best. If you have not watched it yet you should. Timothy Olyphant has been compared to the young Clint Eastwood. I would agree, with the added comment that Timothy Olyphant is a really good actor. Justified is far superior to The Shield in my opinion and I am so happy that it will have a third season. The combination of humor, tension and character development is just unequalled on TV.
    The decision to keep Walton Goggins in the neither totally good nor totally bad character of Boyd Crowder was genious. The writing is solid with Olyphant pulling off some of the funniest lines outside a comedy format and each season's story is completed within the 13 episodes with usually just one little thread left to continue into the next season. Love it.
  2. Apr 1, 2011
    Unbelievably awesome, Justified continues to be my favorite TV show currently airing. Timothy Olyphaunt is one of the coolest protagonists ever, and the supporting cast is uniformly excellent. Certainly, this season is moving at a slower pace than season one, but the characters are also more fully realized and fleshed out. Truly an awesome show that no one who likes things that are coolUnbelievably awesome, Justified continues to be my favorite TV show currently airing. Timothy Olyphaunt is one of the coolest protagonists ever, and the supporting cast is uniformly excellent. Certainly, this season is moving at a slower pace than season one, but the characters are also more fully realized and fleshed out. Truly an awesome show that no one who likes things that are cool should miss. Expand
  3. Apr 23, 2011
    I have loved Justified from the very first episode, and this season is no different. Im very pleased to see that it has been picked up for a second season and I hope for a third. Everyone should give this show a shot.
  4. Feb 11, 2011
    This show is definitely one of my current favorites. Season one was great, especially after they quickly moved from mostly stand-alone episodes to incorporate the much more interesting season story arc. My hope for season 2 is for FX to simply expand upon everything that made the first season so great: the characters themselves and the area as almost a character itself. My only realThis show is definitely one of my current favorites. Season one was great, especially after they quickly moved from mostly stand-alone episodes to incorporate the much more interesting season story arc. My hope for season 2 is for FX to simply expand upon everything that made the first season so great: the characters themselves and the area as almost a character itself. My only real criticism is the the smaller bit roles and guest stars can sometimes veer towards caricature ( I actually grew up in the Kentucky area.) Expand
  5. Feb 9, 2011
    After the premier tonight, it seems that Season 2 will expand on both characters and story lines that Raylan will encounter. The show itself is a guilty pleasure and Timothy Olyphant plays Raylan perfect. Well written and as a writer from season 1 stated, each show is like wrapping up a novel.
  6. Jul 31, 2011
    How it has kept all the charm from the past series and has furthered the characters life's in dramatic ways while keeping you on the edge of your seat is amazing! Sure it has got along way to go to become a perfect show but that comes with time, I am just glad to see the actors get some Emmy recognition and am fully hoping they win.
  7. Jan 16, 2012
    Aunt B ain't got nothin on Maggs Bennett...I already left review for show...but this one is for Margo Martindale. She led season 2 as the star of the show hands down...She deserves a Globe...Don't mess with Momma!
  8. Feb 10, 2012
    Its just an overall good show. The acting is very good (but not great) and Margo Martindale is amazing as Mags Bennett, Definently raises the bar for the next season. The plot is good and interesting but I am annoyed on how they will drop the main plot completely in order to focus on a rather stupid side plot (such as Winona stealing the money from the storage room). This definently hurtsIts just an overall good show. The acting is very good (but not great) and Margo Martindale is amazing as Mags Bennett, Definently raises the bar for the next season. The plot is good and interesting but I am annoyed on how they will drop the main plot completely in order to focus on a rather stupid side plot (such as Winona stealing the money from the storage room). This definently hurts but its still a very good show that is well worth the watch. Expand
  9. Jul 16, 2013
    Season Two of "Justified" is probably one of the strongest second seasons of any series currently on TV, period. Timothy Olyphant and his jolly bunch of rednecks, crooked cops and pot farmers are here to stay, and they are here to stay for good.
  10. Dec 23, 2011
    In Season 1, it was Timothy Olyphant that lured me in, and Walter Goggins kept me there. Season 2 brought the gigantic force of Margo Martindale as Mags Bennett. Wow. Wow. She brings a whole new life to the ensemble, and helps make this season even better than the first, which is great for the show since the sophomore season of any break-out show can be risky. In this season, all theIn Season 1, it was Timothy Olyphant that lured me in, and Walter Goggins kept me there. Season 2 brought the gigantic force of Margo Martindale as Mags Bennett. Wow. Wow. She brings a whole new life to the ensemble, and helps make this season even better than the first, which is great for the show since the sophomore season of any break-out show can be risky. In this season, all the stakes get raised, and the last episode is truly harrowing, right down to the post-showdown scene. It gives me chills just thinking about it. Expand
  11. Jul 19, 2011
    Great cast, great acting, and some really good lines make this show fun to watch. This has got to be one of my favorite shows on TV right now. I highly recommend getting the first season and watching it before you watch season 2.
  12. Feb 12, 2011
    Great show, cast, and story. The characters are also great. There's something everyone will like in this story! There's action, adventure, comedy, drama, and more. It's not one of those shows where you need to watch season 1 to understand season 2. Anyone can watch it, everyone should watch it!
  13. Feb 13, 2011
    Solid premier. More sure handed than last very good season. This season should prove outstanding. Lead character more comfortable and confident in role. Killer grin still there but more understated acting with greater effect.
  14. Apr 12, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's been a good season and a season that solidifies this show as one of the best on television. This is a great show. Unfortunately, I feel like it has regressed a bit. After an impressive start to the season, Walton Goggins' character has become fairly incomprehensible. He seems more like a plot device than the brilliant scene stealing villain that he played in season one. I hope they push the envelope a bit more with him before the end of the season. Expand
  15. May 26, 2011
    The last episode of this second season has left me breathless and proves that the series has tremendous staying power and can get even better than it already is. What sets this series apart from everything else that's on TV right now (and frankly, has been for the past few years) is plot and character development. Not only is the central plot gripping and innovative, all the subplots thusThe last episode of this second season has left me breathless and proves that the series has tremendous staying power and can get even better than it already is. What sets this series apart from everything else that's on TV right now (and frankly, has been for the past few years) is plot and character development. Not only is the central plot gripping and innovative, all the subplots thus far presented serve it amazingly well and are worthy in their own right. The same can be said about characters. As if characters as rich and multi-layered as Raylan and Boyd weren't enough, we still get marvelous characters they can play off of, such as the whole of the Bennett family. Elmore Leonard is a freaking genius!!! Expand
  16. Jun 27, 2011
    After a clever start and a slow middle, Season 2 really cranked things up and finished strong. Great dialogue and fantastic acting. Certainly one of the best shows on television at the moment.
  17. Jun 27, 2011
    Justified is the best TV show of it genre in a very long time. It breaks molds and stereotypes to bring a refreshing twist to things we've seen before. I've been captivated from Season 1's first episode and it has done nothing but build to a crescendo with the finale of Season 2. If you are a fan of the action/western/detective genre and haven't worked this brilliant show into yourJustified is the best TV show of it genre in a very long time. It breaks molds and stereotypes to bring a refreshing twist to things we've seen before. I've been captivated from Season 1's first episode and it has done nothing but build to a crescendo with the finale of Season 2. If you are a fan of the action/western/detective genre and haven't worked this brilliant show into your scheduled programming then you aren't watching TV. Expand
  18. Aug 8, 2011
    I was not that impressed by the first season. But this second season really made me change my view on the whole show. It really is great. Makes me wonder if I didn't give the first season enough of a chance.
  19. Sep 18, 2012
    A perfect show. A perfect show. A perfect show. A perfect show. A perfect show. A perfect show. A perfect show. A perfect show. A perfect show. A perfect show.
  20. Oct 20, 2011
    One of the awesomest and Amazing show i have ever seen . Timothy is one of the best actor i really appreciate . He made this character so much attached to him the im sure none can do better then him . all the other cast is really awesome specially Walton is amazing . All the stories is so well written and well directed . Justified is one of the few shows that one will remind forever .
  21. Sep 4, 2011
    Olyphant and the rest of the characters are simply riviting. The stories are great and the twists are often very unexpected but realistic (believable?).
  22. Apr 5, 2012
    cant get much better than this..................................................................................................................................................................................................................
  23. Feb 21, 2013
    The second half of the season was great. The members of the Bennett clan were all portrayed very well. Raylan and Boyd also developed as characters. Ava annoyed the hell out of me. This season was a lot better than the previous one. The ending was very well done.
  24. Feb 22, 2013
    I thought season 2 of Justified was very well done. The storylines centered on Mags and the "holler" turf war were interesting and compelled me to watch each week. I also thought the acting and dialog in season 2 was original from most shows I've watched in the last decade.
  25. Sep 20, 2013
    Was slightly better than the first season, in any event, make the required color line. I liked that it was more fun and a better actor played a character.
  26. Oct 30, 2014
    The first season was good but a little overrated . The second takes off. Even though surely no county in the country could be this lawless, its all totally believable. Boyd Crowder and Dickie Bennet act their socks off. Its not just the writers..I imagine a lot is improv. Also its nice to see a series located somewhere like Kentucky. I think even New Yorkers' are a tad tired of seeing NewThe first season was good but a little overrated . The second takes off. Even though surely no county in the country could be this lawless, its all totally believable. Boyd Crowder and Dickie Bennet act their socks off. Its not just the writers..I imagine a lot is improv. Also its nice to see a series located somewhere like Kentucky. I think even New Yorkers' are a tad tired of seeing New York as a backdrop. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Maureen Ryan
    Feb 10, 2011
    The trick for Justified in its second season won't necessarily revolve around balancing standalone and serialized stories: The show seems to have a good handle on how to manage that in the early going of season 2. No, the challenge will be giving all of its characters something worthwhile to do while expanding the worlds of Harlan and Lexington even further.
  2. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Feb 9, 2011
    Most TV series feel the need to up the ante in their second season, to prove the first one wasn't a fluke. Justified proceeds with such assurance, however, that it can maintain a cool, witty serenity that only enhances its tough-guy drama.
  3. Reviewed by: Tim Goodman
    Feb 9, 2011
    The series, which had a string of stand-alone episodes before becoming more serialized, gets the balance a little better in Season 2 (though there are still some stand-alones to welcome newbies).