• Network: FX
  • Series Premiere Date: Mar 16, 2010
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
9.0

1. Oct 30, 2014
    The directors must give the cast a free rein. Because the supporting cast is tremendous especially Quarles, Duffy and Boyd..The story lines have a few holes but nothing drastic. Raylan is brilliant again even though his love life characters don't engage so much for me. The delivery of the supporters of such refined English in a Kentucky accent is just awesome to hear for a Non American.
  2. Oct 6, 2013
    It was not as exciting as the previous season and sometimes a few parts were a bit far-fetched but I liked the last episode. I look forward to the fourth season.
  3. Feb 22, 2013
    Season 3 of Justified was more about the characters and less about the story. The use of a story arc centered on the various factions competing for supremacy (and those that would thwart it) allowed character development a dominant role.The main standout for me was the villain, Quarles, who did a fantastic job of playing the bad guy. The acting and dialog of the other lead characters wasSeason 3 of Justified was more about the characters and less about the story. The use of a story arc centered on the various factions competing for supremacy (and those that would thwart it) allowed character development a dominant role.The main standout for me was the villain, Quarles, who did a fantastic job of playing the bad guy. The acting and dialog of the other lead characters was also impressive. There were even several instances that gave secondary characters and story lines the opportunity to spice up the season a bit. Expand
  4. Feb 21, 2013
    This season had tight plotting, which was lacking in the previous seasons. A lot of new characters were introduced who shifted loyalties constantly and made for a great intrigue. Quarles was a well realized and very memorable villain who had more to him than met the eye. Limehouse was another great character. It was by far the best season of the series.
  5. Sep 18, 2012
    A perfect show. A perfect show. A perfect show. A perfect show. A perfect show. A perfect show. A perfect show. A perfect show. A perfect show.
  6. May 13, 2012
    My girlfriend and I had pretty much no idea what was going on plot wise for most of the season...but still loved it. Snappy dialogue and great characters. Not as good as the first 2 seasons but probably the best thing on tv in 2012.
  7. May 9, 2012
    This is hands down my favorite season of the show. I am not far into the season ,only 3 episodes, but I watched all 3 episodes back to back to back because it was that good.
  8. Apr 26, 2012
    While not as good as season 2, the third season of Justified had very engaging stories, great new characters, and the amazing dialogue that we've have come to love in this great FX drama.
  9. Apr 19, 2012
    The show had been great so far but this season is not as good as the previous 2. There is no main bad guy this time. There are 2 new ones but they are on the same level as Boyd and each other. The cast are all very good as usual, but the story is a bit of a mess. Its hard to explain but the plot just keeps changing from one thing happening to the opposite and events just don't fit togetherThe show had been great so far but this season is not as good as the previous 2. There is no main bad guy this time. There are 2 new ones but they are on the same level as Boyd and each other. The cast are all very good as usual, but the story is a bit of a mess. Its hard to explain but the plot just keeps changing from one thing happening to the opposite and events just don't fit together that well. Also, they spend the whole season looking for some money and it turns out to be exactly where you would expect it to be from the first episode, and stays there. Expand
  10. Apr 15, 2012
    my least favourite season of the series, but still better than most shows on tv. personally i thought the plot was too convoluted this season, too many "villains" and not enough time to fully explore all of their story line. i was hard to keep track of who was working with whom and who wanted what, but maybe that was the point the producers/writers was to convey (that you can really nevermy least favourite season of the series, but still better than most shows on tv. personally i thought the plot was too convoluted this season, too many "villains" and not enough time to fully explore all of their story line. i was hard to keep track of who was working with whom and who wanted what, but maybe that was the point the producers/writers was to convey (that you can really never trust anyone when it comes to crime). despite that the acting was great all around, i really liked Neal McDonough and as always Timothy Olyphant was amazing as the lead. as for the finale i felt like there were some memorable scenes but not as exciting as the last two seasons. season overall 9.4/10 Expand
  11. Apr 12, 2012
    Let's face it. Olyphant's rendition of the slightly crazy Marshall Raylan Givens is what makes this show pop. A character he's carried over from Deadwood lawman Seth Bullock. Kudos to Walter Goggins as well for his highly nuanced portrayal of the philosophical drug peddler Boyd Crowder.
  12. Apr 11, 2012
    After the Wire, I didn't think TV would ever satisfy me again. Justified is such a jewel in the land of crap that pervades TV programming. Extraordinarily well written (by the original author), great casting and quality direction. Its a home run and I'm deeply saddened season 3 is over.
  13. Apr 7, 2012
    A superb season all around. Timothy Olyphant and Walton Goggins as Raylan and Boyd (who both deserve serious consideration for best actor and best supporting actor at this years Emmys) lead a superb cast of a show that just gets better and better each week, introducing new characters and interesting story lines, and top notch writing that makes this the best drama on television.
  14. Apr 4, 2012
    Incredible series! it gets better and better. You simply can not stop watching! Tim finally gets his big break, after being in movies such as hitman, the girl next door, go and many others he finally comes into his own with this epic role. Justified is the second best show on tv behind breaking bad.
  15. Mar 30, 2012
    One of my favorite shows next to Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead. Justified continues to out due itself, with superb writing, top notch acting and a story that is not only compelling, but it's unlike anything else on TV.
  16. Mar 29, 2012
    Best show on TV, period. Can't stand to watch most tv shows, but this show is made like a great motion picture. The cast is excellent, the writing is excellent, and the only thing wrong with the show is that there isn't enough of it! Just 13 episodes a year. But I guess that gives them more time to do an excellent job!
  17. Mar 25, 2012
    The best show on TV not named MAD MEN. A modern Western in a cynical age, JUSTIFIED is funny, hard-edged, and above all else, unpredictable. With a brilliant lead performance by Timothy Olyphant (to lead two of the best shows of the last ten years - with DEADWOOD - Olyphant is one lucky dude) and truly inspired supporting work from Walton Goggins and Lee Sercey, JUSTIFIED definesThe best show on TV not named MAD MEN. A modern Western in a cynical age, JUSTIFIED is funny, hard-edged, and above all else, unpredictable. With a brilliant lead performance by Timothy Olyphant (to lead two of the best shows of the last ten years - with DEADWOOD - Olyphant is one lucky dude) and truly inspired supporting work from Walton Goggins and Lee Sercey, JUSTIFIED defines intelligent television. Expand
  18. Mar 21, 2012
    Timothy Olyphant and Walton Goggins continue to killl it as well as the new addition of Neal McDonough as Robert Quarles which makes every new episode better than the last.
  19. Mar 15, 2012
    Currently the best show on TV! Amazing Cast and acting, Writing that brings out the Grittiness in so many ways, and last but not the least, a very haunting background score [i hope they make a cd].... If you haven't watched the show yet, I recommend you start right away!!
  20. Jan 27, 2012
    Raylan Givens is the man! Thats all i have to say. After the first 2 episodes i have already seen enough to know this is going to be another amazing, genius, and always thrilling season of Mr. Olyphant play the most witty and entertaining character on tv. I love Justified, best show on television. This show deserves alot more attention and respect. Cheers to another thrilling and epicRaylan Givens is the man! Thats all i have to say. After the first 2 episodes i have already seen enough to know this is going to be another amazing, genius, and always thrilling season of Mr. Olyphant play the most witty and entertaining character on tv. I love Justified, best show on television. This show deserves alot more attention and respect. Cheers to another thrilling and epic season. 10/10 of course! Expand
  21. Jan 25, 2012
    A brilliant show with great writing and a talented cast. The third season feels a little different from the second but continues the superlative television standard that was set in season 1. If you have not seen the show, do yourself a favor and make a point to watch.
  22. Jan 25, 2012
    After the first two episodes, I'm satisfied that the series will survive the loss of Margo Martindale, though I continue to wish the producers had found some way to keep her around Anyway, the show's great strength, the range and vitality of its secondary characters, shows no sign of abating, as new villains position themselves to challenge Raylan and the rest of the Marshall Service.After the first two episodes, I'm satisfied that the series will survive the loss of Margo Martindale, though I continue to wish the producers had found some way to keep her around Anyway, the show's great strength, the range and vitality of its secondary characters, shows no sign of abating, as new villains position themselves to challenge Raylan and the rest of the Marshall Service. The one character I cannot do without, Boyd Crowder, is in fine form, swaggering along the line between vice and virtue, sometimes dancing over to the dark side, sometimes ambling toward the light, his intelligence, unpredictability, and dark charisma making him one of the most fascinating figures on television. Note to producers: pay Walton Goggins anything he asks, because his loss would deal the series a mortal blow. One development that makes me a bit nervous is the pregnancy of Raylan's ex-wife, Winona. It's not that I have anything against very small human beings, but they do tend to reduce the ethical complexity of dramatic storylines. Add a baby to a series that plays deftly with moral grey areas, and suddenly grey becomes black and white, and deft play becomes stern moralizing about The Inviolable Sanctity of Innocence. (If you don't believe me, review what happened to the once-great "Sons of Anarchy" when Baby Abel took center stage.) For me, the weak spot in "Justified" has always been Raylan's love life, which lacks the excitement and originality of his professional, family, and social lives--or, should I say, of the tangled messes they create by refusing to stay in their proper domains and interfering constantly with one another, as the past intrudes on the present and the present re-writes the past. Oddly, though both Raylan's love interests have been firmly tied to his past, they often aren't part of the tangle. Winona, especially, seems a bit tacked on, an oh-yeah-we-haven't-seen-any-grinding-in-a-while afterthought. Though it would be better for the baby to become an oh-yeah-we-haven't-seen-any-diaper-changing-in-a-while afterthought than to become the dramatic center of the series, I wish the writers could find a way to make Winona and Raylan Junior (or Baby Rayletta) more compelling. Or find Raylan a love interest capable of surprising us once in a while. Still, in the end, it is testimony to the brilliance of the series that moments of dullness stand out so distinctly. "Justified" creates a vivid and utterly believably world, at once familiar and wonderfully strange. It's a world most of us have lost, a world in which history forms a vital part of even simple social interactions. Memory is not something your computer has, but a force linking generations, potent and inescapable. Identity is a difficult, messy compromise between a person's choices and the collective forces that have shaped him and will shape him until he draws his last breath: geography, family, friends. The series is breathtakingly fair, depicting both the power and the limitations of an identity so deeply embedded in a single--and singular--place. Expand
  23. Jan 24, 2012
    The power of this show really lies within the characters, all of whom contribute to the extremely visceral plot direction. While Olyphant is the pretty face with the charisma to draw in even those who would not traditionally be fans of the genre or subject matter, it is the huge array of other minor characters that make this show more than just a well acted drama. The real triumph is theThe power of this show really lies within the characters, all of whom contribute to the extremely visceral plot direction. While Olyphant is the pretty face with the charisma to draw in even those who would not traditionally be fans of the genre or subject matter, it is the huge array of other minor characters that make this show more than just a well acted drama. The real triumph is the way that the individual pieces fit together, and produce a true tour de force, something that is rare in modern television. Collapse
  24. Jan 23, 2012
    Hands down the best show on TV. The first episode was brilliant as it deftly introduced us to exciting new characters and interesting new story lines. The writing has improved once again to a level I didn't think possible. Just a terrific show.
  25. Jan 21, 2012
    The irst episode of this left me wanting more, and it really had me curious as to what exactly might be happeneing. It was definitely an eye-opener to say the least. I can't wait until next episode.
  26. Jan 19, 2012
    Too early to tell on this season. No bad momma drug lord? C'mon! The violence is way high and frequent, and we have another villain, this time a fave of mine Neal McDonough. Why is it blond killers seem more menacing? Looks like we'll get some prison scenes with Goggins and Davies. I liked the country feel of the first 2 seasons. Now it looks like we're going urban.
  27. Jan 17, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. wow bast show ever .. One of my favorite shows , BEST characters on television is Raylan Givens and Boyd Crowde , I can not write more of these words . Expand

1. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Jan 20, 2012
    The new Justified is so tightly plotted that it finds room for all these characters, as well as episodes shinning a spotlight on the series sterling supporting players. [27 Jan 2012, p.63]
  2. Reviewed by: Tim Goodman
    Jan 18, 2012
    The first three episodes of Season 3 indicate there has been no slippage at all, but rather a digging in of the philosophy at hand.
  3. Reviewed by: Maureen Ryan
    Jan 17, 2012
    Justified doesn't come close to losing control of its narrative.