• Network: FX
  • Series Premiere Date: Mar 16, 2010
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
9.0

1. Aug 22, 2013
    Excellent season. What's great about Justified is that the show always change it's format every year. It's Fresh. It's fantastic. Best season alongside with season 2. SOLID Acting, SOLID writing. Must watch television.
  2. May 30, 2013
    Season 4 has a great start, after third episode I thought that it's gonna be the best of all "Justified" seasons, alas I was wrong! My biggest problem with it hot it resolved it's plots, and the ending is just not that intense as of some previous seasons. Overall it's still a great show, but I expected more!
  3. Apr 12, 2013
    Another top tier season from the Kentucky hollers. The mystery storyline seemed to meander a bit, but was taken care of before the season's denouement so I'm only gonna knock Boyd n Raylan down to a 9. This was probably the silver medal season so far (season 2 being the gold) but this is still one of the most consistently entertaining and enjoyable hours on television. It is one of those shows where nearly every week I inevitably look at the guide to see how far along I am and find there are only ten minutes left and glumly wonder how 50 minutes slipped by so fast. I always wish it was longer. That's what she said. Expand
  4. Apr 3, 2013
    I liked the first three seasons, but I had to struggle through this one. The dialog is long and contrived; you can almost see the pain in the actors' faces as they are forced to explain each and every detail of the plot. But apparently that wasn't enough filler. When they're not dragging out far-from-subtle jokes (so often they even added a comedian to the roster), they're inflating less important characters with 5 minute sob stories. Get used to that cheesy "sadness theme" they play during these; you're going to hear it several times each episode. Expand
  5. Mar 10, 2013
    Another great year with Raylan. "Justified" just keeps delivering dialogue that is unmatched by most shows. Here we have baddies that we hate to love and baddies that we love to hate. Boyd and Raylan are two beautifully drawn characters that each year become more interesting. We have prostitutes who have hit rock bottom, cops who find it hard to do the right thing and cops who are conflicted, war vets who have totally lost their way and other well defined characters. From the opening song to the end credits "Justified" delivers week after week. Expand
  6. Mar 8, 2013
    Without a single, overarching villain to pull this season together, it lacks the cohesion of seasons two or three. Even so, it's just as rife with what makes Justified great: the banter, the action, the modern hillbilly atmosphere, and the cool sexiness that is Timothy Olyphant.
  7. Feb 23, 2013
    This show was amazing for three seasons. This year its total vagina. cheesy proposal? check. womwn the only ones who can make a decision? check. gimmicky plot contrivances have replaced solid screenwriting and acting.
  8. Jan 26, 2013
    I love this show. Everyone is right--it just keeps getting better. I'm so intrigued by many things this season--the young preacher, the cold case, and especially: the seeming possibility that we'll actually get to spend more time with Tim and Rachel, who are and always have been the most criminally underused elements of the show. I'm crossing my fingers that this is their year. I'm also waiting for a seasonal character to stun me the way Margo Martindale did in Season 2. Mykelti Williamson came close last season with Limehouse, but no supporting character has thrilled me more than Mags Bennett, so I'm curious to see who the top seasonal character will be this year. Collapse
  9. Jan 26, 2013
    The new "cold case" format departs from the classic "Big Bad" from seasons 1-3, and it works incredibly well. Season 4 brings another great year of drama.
  10. Jan 22, 2013
    Ok, I'm updating my score higher than the 4 I gave it before. The second episode was 100 times better than the opener. Looks like the show is going to be great like usual afterall.
  11. Jan 15, 2013
    Justified keeps getting better with every season. I don't know how FX does it, but it's doing it right. The acting is superb, the cast members are a treat to watch. It has great writing and its proper and excellent execution. The series incorporates different elements of drama in a very weird way which makes it brilliant, I mean you can't predict what would happen next and that's because Timothy Olyphant's character Raylan Givens is written in such a way that is ridiculously awesome, also because Olyphant's performance is phenomenal, he deserves some recognition for that, nominations, at the very least. Expand
  12. Jan 14, 2013
    the premiere episode proves to me that Justified just grows stronger with every episode, season after season. The creative team never runs out of interesting story arcs and the acting is always top notch.
  13. Jan 9, 2013
    Great start to the fourth season. This will probably be another criminally overlooked show by pathetic award shows. F/X seems to have found a niche for brilliant shows that don't get any credit.
  14. Jan 8, 2013
    If you ever enjoyed the series, this season doesn't disappoint. Witty banter abounds, and I've always been a fan of Raylan, and I think his character just keeps getting stronger. Watch this show!

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Jan 25, 2013
    What gives the show its kick is the gleefully childish lack of repentance shown by most of these rascals--countered by Olyphant's coolly amused control. [4 Feb 2013, .39]
  2. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Jan 10, 2013
    The fourth season of Justified gives us exactly what we want: much laconic tough-guy humor from Timothy Olyphant's U.S. marshal Raylan Givens, much grandiloquent nastiness from Walton Goggins' drug dealer Boyd Crowder, and much swift violence.
  3. Reviewed by: Tim Goodman
    Jan 8, 2013
    The dialogue remains as pin-prick sharp as usual, with that clever mix of directness and humor.