Justified : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Mar 16, 2010
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
9.0

1. Apr 30, 2011
    It's as if they have two sets of writers for this show. One set for dialog and one for plot. The dialog is great the plots are ludicrous. The main character just happens to always be at the right place at the right time. Another thing, they're still showing white chalk marks for bodies at crime scenes. Everyone knows, by now (except the crappy writers on this show) that those aren'tIt's as if they have two sets of writers for this show. One set for dialog and one for plot. The dialog is great the plots are ludicrous. The main character just happens to always be at the right place at the right time. Another thing, they're still showing white chalk marks for bodies at crime scenes. Everyone knows, by now (except the crappy writers on this show) that those aren't never actually used and are solely a Hollywood convention from the 1930's. The acting is fine, the dialog is great, but please get some better people to hash out the plot. Expand
  2. Mar 14, 2013
    I have mixed feelings about this show. I love some of the characters Olyphant channels a good Clint Eastwood vibe. But the writing is splintered where is Natalie Zea (the ex-wife)? Why not involve other marshals more fully (which is usually done)? The actress who plays "Boyd's" fiance has the worst fake accent I think I have ever heard it's distracting and her character has lost a lotI have mixed feelings about this show. I love some of the characters Olyphant channels a good Clint Eastwood vibe. But the writing is splintered where is Natalie Zea (the ex-wife)? Why not involve other marshals more fully (which is usually done)? The actress who plays "Boyd's" fiance has the worst fake accent I think I have ever heard it's distracting and her character has lost a lot of strength. That character would have been more interesting by toeing the line between Crowder (bad) and Givens (good). The writing leads to obvious conclusions with dead-ends for continuance. And ugh, the editing. It's horrible. Discrepancies in almost every scene glasses are on a table, then gone in the next shot. The contrast even varies shot to shot. There are mountains in the background (Kentucky has green hills), and worse yet, our local Santa Clarita numbers on some signs in the background. Hey guys look me up lauramhealy1 at g mail. I work as a freelance editor and consultant. I bet I could do a better job for less money. The setting should be more authentic I grew up in the Midwest before coming out here. Kentucky has bluegrass (not sand), maples and elms (not desert scrub trees), huge expanses of green fields (not dusty desert roads/highways), songbirds (not many crows), black dirt (not sand), lots of horses and loose dogs (the only animals are dead hanging hogs), and a lot of people who smoke. It would be pretty inexpensive to actually film in Kentucky. A little more authenticity and sharper writing (and basic editing!) could make this show a blockbuster. Expand
  3. May 27, 2013
    Now lets be honest the start of series "Justified" wasn't something impressive, it was more generic, unoriginal. But as the show went on it build some interesting characters. But overall season 1 fairy engaging, just above average!
  4. Jan 31, 2012
    The thing that makes this show Remarkable is the acting plain and simple the acting in this show is pure supremacy but, too bad that's the only thing this show has.Other things that are good include the unique filming, suprise twists that happen rarely, and very realistic look of the country southern american setting.

Olyphant is surrounded by a terrific supporting cast, including Dirty Sexy Money's Natalie Zea as Raylan's ex-wife and Nick Searcy (Deke Slayton in From the Earth to the Moon) as his deceptively cornpone boss. But in the end, it comes down to hard stares and that combination of drawled amusement and sudden violence that make him so cool yet exciting.
  2. People Weekly
    Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Olyphant plays this laconic, loping lawman with a smiling minimalism that makes Givens both iconic and contemporary.
  3. Reviewed by: James Poniewozik
    The result is a new-style western that's both entertaining and as mesmerizing as Givens' cold-blooded speech to the crook with the scattergun.