K-Ville : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Sep 17, 2007
6.7

1. JaneK.
    Dec 7, 2007
    Why is it so hard for the media to properly capture New Orleans on film? As a resident, I think I am not alone in saying me and my neighbors are not watching this. We may have all tuned in with high expectations for the Pilot, but that was enough. Horrible cliches, bad writing, emotional angles that are meant to be deep but come off pathetic... The South is a gold mine of odd balls and Why is it so hard for the media to properly capture New Orleans on film? As a resident, I think I am not alone in saying me and my neighbors are not watching this. We may have all tuned in with high expectations for the Pilot, but that was enough. Horrible cliches, bad writing, emotional angles that are meant to be deep but come off pathetic... The South is a gold mine of odd balls and unique characters and unexpected situations, but this show falls flat on its face when trying to depict it. What a shame, because New Orleans (pre and post Katrina) is still an ideal city for a great show... like Sex and the City did for New York, or The Sopranos did for New Jersey - this city could easily be a major reoccurring character. But Nooooo.... they screwed us in the media once again. Expand
  2. PatZ.
    Sep 20, 2007
    We get that it's in New Orleans, no need to insert references to voodoo, gumbo, etc. in every line. Basically, another cop show following an outdated formula.
  3. Markus
    Sep 19, 2007
    Like the actors - hope the stories get better. I'll definitely watch it again.
  4. JoelP.
    Sep 18, 2007
    Over the top, cliche, preachy.

K-Ville's" heavy tone and sober acting capture enough of that essence to make it interesting.
  2. K-Ville’s co–executive producers are both cop-show veterans--Jonathan Lisco of NYPD Blue and The District, Craig Silverstein of Bones and Standoff--who know how to yank our chains with close-ups, jump cuts, booster shots of adrenaline, and low-rent noir.
  3. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    The intent seems to be baiting a drama with a tantalizing marketing hook, but the resulting gumbo--despite a few promising ingredients--is all gristle, no beef.