K-Ville : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Sep 17, 2007
6.7

1. ScooterM.
    Sep 26, 2007
    Show seems like it's something that would have been more fitted to FX, good action, unique twist in part of the background story with one of the characters. One of the better cop shows that's come out in recent years.
  2. JaneK.
    Dec 7, 2007
    Why is it so hard for the media to properly capture New Orleans on film? As a resident, I think I am not alone in saying me and my neighbors are not watching this. We may have all tuned in with high expectations for the Pilot, but that was enough. Horrible cliches, bad writing, emotional angles that are meant to be deep but come off pathetic... The South is a gold mine of odd balls and Why is it so hard for the media to properly capture New Orleans on film? As a resident, I think I am not alone in saying me and my neighbors are not watching this. We may have all tuned in with high expectations for the Pilot, but that was enough. Horrible cliches, bad writing, emotional angles that are meant to be deep but come off pathetic... The South is a gold mine of odd balls and unique characters and unexpected situations, but this show falls flat on its face when trying to depict it. What a shame, because New Orleans (pre and post Katrina) is still an ideal city for a great show... like Sex and the City did for New York, or The Sopranos did for New Jersey - this city could easily be a major reoccurring character. But Nooooo.... they screwed us in the media once again. Expand
  3. ShawnH.
    Sep 18, 2007
    Good, but not the "Landmark Television Series" FOX has been hyping it as.
  4. TreyS.
    Sep 20, 2007
    Are you telling me that cops in New Orleans do not have accents?!?
  5. MartinS.
    Sep 25, 2007
    I thoroughly enjoyed this show. Anthony Anderson has been in so many dogs that I almost wrote this off before watching. The scenes of devastation in N.O. were heart wrenching. I just hope future episodes live up to the pilot.
  6. McLeanB.
    Oct 16, 2007
    Love the show -- my only issue is that it comes on in the middle of DWTS.
  7. KirstyM.
    Oct 8, 2007
    like the fact it keeps politics out of the drama (so far) the aftermath of katrina sets the backdrop for the drama, allowing a less than usual setting, katrina is not the plot. I also like the diversity of the cast also without bringing politics into it.
  8. BJ
    Oct 9, 2007
    kill it quick - the show is BAD - new orleans doesn't need any more bad publicity - the accents are the worst - but really the whole show is a train wreck
  9. DannyW.
    Oct 9, 2007
    The show has amazing potential. Like all new shows it will develop.
  10. SP.
    Oct 9, 2007
    The show has shown great character development over the past few weeks. I have come to respect the partnership of Boulet & Cobb and appreciate their differences. Chief Embry has stern compassion, showing more of a human side of any tv police chief to date. The storylines are becoming stronger and has less of the "shoot 'em up" mentality and are showing FOX does, in deed, know what The show has shown great character development over the past few weeks. I have come to respect the partnership of Boulet & Cobb and appreciate their differences. Chief Embry has stern compassion, showing more of a human side of any tv police chief to date. The storylines are becoming stronger and has less of the "shoot 'em up" mentality and are showing FOX does, in deed, know what they are doing. Showing the devastation of NOLA while showing some of it's heart and cultural soul at the same time as it shows NOLA is all her glory...both the GOOD and the BAD is a challenge the writers/directors/etc have taken on and won well. I think it EVERYONE (viewers and critics alike) will remember that this is a crime drama set in post-Katrina New Orleans, and NOT a documentary ABOUT post-Katrina New Orleans...we all would sit back and enjoy this refreshing new crime drama series! Expand
  11. A.B.M.
    Sep 18, 2007
    While the storyline is great, the acting can get a little faulty at times. I expect this one to pick up later though. Anderson will pull through..I hope.
  12. JoelP.
    Sep 18, 2007
    Over the top, cliche, preachy.
  13. PatZ.
    Sep 20, 2007
    We get that it's in New Orleans, no need to insert references to voodoo, gumbo, etc. in every line. Basically, another cop show following an outdated formula.
  14. DerekD.
    Sep 20, 2007
    Awesome premier... Should be similar to The Shield. Anxious to see where is goes.
  15. PepperL.
    Sep 20, 2007
    The media has done more to keep our city from recovering than even the government has! Perpetuating myths and leaving the world with the impression that coming to New Orleans means dodging bullets has done, and continues to do extraordinary harm. And, btw, Trey, we're a port city! There are hundreds of accents here. The world expects us to sound like Rhett and Scarlett and it just The media has done more to keep our city from recovering than even the government has! Perpetuating myths and leaving the world with the impression that coming to New Orleans means dodging bullets has done, and continues to do extraordinary harm. And, btw, Trey, we're a port city! There are hundreds of accents here. The world expects us to sound like Rhett and Scarlett and it just isn't so! The typical New Orleans accent is, believe it or not, closer to New York City - Brooklyn, to be exact. Collapse
  16. KentE.
    Sep 24, 2007
    This show was very sloppy. I like the premise of two cops fighting to keep the criminals out and bring back New Orleans back. But Anderson and Hauser just don't work well together. You look at a show like Law and Order SVU and how Hartigay and Meloni work so well together, its the opposite end of the spectrum with this show. The show was very badly organized, none of the characters This show was very sloppy. I like the premise of two cops fighting to keep the criminals out and bring back New Orleans back. But Anderson and Hauser just don't work well together. You look at a show like Law and Order SVU and how Hartigay and Meloni work so well together, its the opposite end of the spectrum with this show. The show was very badly organized, none of the characters you really care what happens to them, or does the end leave you wanting more. Which is the most important thing in a pilot. I'm not interested in seeing what happens, I just don't care. Very disappointed with this one, I thought it had promise. Expand
  17. ShaunR.
    Apr 21, 2008
    I really like the show a lot its not often you get to see good shows like that. You really put together a master piece with this show. Definitely recommend it to every one i know!!
  18. CardizeG
    Oct 13, 2007
    I love this show. It helps to keep America's mind on New Orleans and it also lets people across America know that we are rebuilding our city!!!! We are open for business.
  19. LucindoT.
    Dec 13, 2007
    Yo this shop is pimp and Anthony Anderson makes it pimp.
  20. RogerS
    Sep 18, 2007
    Highlights enough of the plight of New Orleans post-Katrina to be interesting while grabbing the attention of other viewers interested in typical action/ law & order series. Hopefully future episodes will explore more of the City's many post-Katrina complexities.
  21. Markus
    Sep 19, 2007
    Like the actors - hope the stories get better. I'll definitely watch it again.
  22. KevinL.
    Sep 24, 2007
    An Utter Disappointment. From looking at the preview, it looks like a decent cop drama that would bring many viewers in, but the show lacks good writing and good plot. The acting was a disaster and the show itself captures absolutely nothing that comes to sense.
  23. LoriB.
    Sep 27, 2007
    Like the intensity of the two characters, watch the storyline and focus on the city getting back on its feet. Obviously the characters are emotionally tied into New Orleans, don't belabor the point. Focus on the pain and payoff you get from helping out your fellow humans. One last note, get Cobb a dog; he needs something to love.
  24. JanetS.
    Nov 27, 2007
    Kville is by far my favorite new show of the year. The characters have appealing individual personalities, the writing is excellent, the plots are fresh and interesting, and I like the fact that it may keep at least some of our attention focused on New Orleans where it is still so very much needed. I hope the show comes back strong after the writer's strike ends. I look forward to Kville is by far my favorite new show of the year. The characters have appealing individual personalities, the writing is excellent, the plots are fresh and interesting, and I like the fact that it may keep at least some of our attention focused on New Orleans where it is still so very much needed. I hope the show comes back strong after the writer's strike ends. I look forward to this one every week. Expand

K-Ville's" heavy tone and sober acting capture enough of that essence to make it interesting.
  2. K-Ville’s co–executive producers are both cop-show veterans--Jonathan Lisco of NYPD Blue and The District, Craig Silverstein of Bones and Standoff--who know how to yank our chains with close-ups, jump cuts, booster shots of adrenaline, and low-rent noir.
  3. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    The intent seems to be baiting a drama with a tantalizing marketing hook, but the resulting gumbo--despite a few promising ingredients--is all gristle, no beef.