- Network: National Geographic
- Series Premiere Date: Feb 17, 2013
- Season #: 1
- Summary: Narrated by Tom Hanks, the adaptation of Martin Dugard and Bill O'Reilly book dramatizes the events leading up to and after the assassination of President Abraham Lincoln (Billy Campbell) by John Wilkes Booth (Jesse Johnson).
- Genre(s): Drama
- Show Type: TV Movie
- Season 1 premiere date: Feb 17, 2013
- Episode Length: 90
- Air Time: 12:00 AM
- More Details and Credits »
If Mr. Spielberg’s "Lincoln" achieves greatness largely through the detailed performances of Daniel Day-Lewis, Sally Field and others, Killing Lincoln also has details to recommend it--historical details, the kind of tidbits that (along with Mr. Hanks’s assured narration) can hold your attention, even though the tale is familiar.
Nothing new is revealed in the National Geographic Channel's first scripted special, Killing Lincoln. But that doesn't mean the decently written and adequately performed docudrama is unwelcome.
- By user score