King & Maxwell : Season 1

• Network: TNT
  • Series Premiere Date: Jun 10, 2013
6.4

1. Aug 19, 2013
    My wife and I really enjoy this program and are concerned it was not on tonight. The principals were well cast. Tenney and Rominji bring out real character in their roles. You can really feel the stress between being professional and aware of a more personal attraction. Coming from professional LEO jobs, they would be pretty circumspect in their behavior. I think Rominji shows strength,My wife and I really enjoy this program and are concerned it was not on tonight. The principals were well cast. Tenney and Rominji bring out real character in their roles. You can really feel the stress between being professional and aware of a more personal attraction. Coming from professional LEO jobs, they would be pretty circumspect in their behavior. I think Rominji shows strength, intelligence and character. She is the stronger character, which is great. They don't need to make Tenney to much of weak, vulnerable persona to attract the segment of the market that eats that up. He needs the balance of vulnerability and strength, street savvy to be able to have Rominji's back sometimes. So far, she has been the one I would want having my back.

Needs a little help on writing sometimes. Give them good material and Tenney and Rominji will get the job done.
  2. Jul 29, 2013
    The main cast has no chemistry no likeability its semi there but not ill say it probably wont last thru its second season but who knows I'll watch till the end
  3. Jul 26, 2013
    I like the premise but somehow it needs a little more zing. I have read the books and that may lead me to expect a little more. This is still good enough to TIVO. My wife and I have made this one of our "shows to watch."
  4. Jul 22, 2013
    The plot's are incredibly predictable and unimaginative. The writing is bad as the acting is. If "Maxwell" wasn't eye candy this show would be a wash.
  5. Jul 2, 2013
    This show is good love John Tenney, loved him in the Closer
    but get him a new partner Rebecca Rominji is terrible
    as his partner he needs someone with more class to be
    Partnered with!!!!!!

1. People Weekly
    Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Jun 10, 2013
    A smoothly executed vehicle for Rebecca Romijn and Jon Tenney, it knows exactly what it's doing, [16 Jun 2013]
  2. Reviewed by: Gail Pennington
    Jun 10, 2013
    Together, they're charming, but the "will they or won't they?" romantic tension feels forced, and that takes much of the fun out of it.
  3. Reviewed by: Robert Bianco
    Jun 10, 2013
    Every detail in the show looks and feels false and phony--from the weird, yellow-tinged warehouse/prison to the skyline view of Washington that seems to insert national monuments at random.