• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Mar 15, 2009
8.7

1. Feb 3, 2011
    One of the best shows to come out of NBC in years, which, of course, meant it's cancellation was inevitable. The first season is some of the best hours of television I've had the pleasure of seeing in a long time though. It was very promising and, although it is unlikely at this point, it would be nice if it was picked up by another network at some point.
  2. Apr 18, 2012
    Really good show but I must say to big a budget they could have cut down a bit and I am sure it would have survived on a cable channel better. great actors and very poetic themes linking the Davidic era to present day politics! with media control etc
  3. Dec 21, 2013
    I especially love when source material is so creatively re-imagined. Smart, sophisticated storytelling in a very believable alternate 21st century world.
  4. Dec 16, 2012
    I really enjoyed Kings. It seemed very original, and I enjoyed the alternate reality world that they created, something that was unlike anything else on television. I do agree that it played it safe in many instances, but overall, I really enjoyed the show and I wish it hadn't been cancelled.

If only Green had not made such a cold, bland stew of such rich and tasty ingredients.
    Kings does dip in and out of predictability, when familiar Spelling soap operatics and political machinations break through the show's unique surface. But it still is a fascinating effort.
    Happily, this generally well-told tale of a modern-day king and his restive court has more going for it than a charismatic performance from the dependably wonderful “Deadwood” star.