• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Mar 15, 2009
8.7

1. PoG
    Mar 17, 2009
    Who is this show supposed to attract? It seems to be the least interesting for those of us who actually HAVE read Samuel. Frankly, I found it boring. Any differences from the Bible story make the show vastly inferior.
  2. JasonS
    May 1, 2009
    A confused hodge podge, would have been much better as an alternative history piece. The biblical stuff is just tedious.
  3. TamaraJ
    Mar 17, 2009
    Disappointing. By 4:49, it's clear that this is a retelling of the Saul/David narrative. When they introduce the "Goliath" tanks at 8:41, it's obvious that the writing is tedious, contrived, and precious. It looks like the work of a gifted Vacation Bible Schooler. Give up, NBC. I'm not a Christian, but even I know that a money-hungry network can't out-Bible the Bible. Disappointing. By 4:49, it's clear that this is a retelling of the Saul/David narrative. When they introduce the "Goliath" tanks at 8:41, it's obvious that the writing is tedious, contrived, and precious. It looks like the work of a gifted Vacation Bible Schooler. Give up, NBC. I'm not a Christian, but even I know that a money-hungry network can't out-Bible the Bible. You want a story of stunning heroism, hubris, betrayal, enduring love, adultery, murder, carnage, and homoeroticism? Go dust off the Good Book and read it yourself. Expand
  4. GloriaJ
    Mar 15, 2009
    Despite the obvious respect everyone seems to have for the main character, King Silas, I found this show rather bloodless and lackluster. I just did not care about the show or the characters or what might happen to them.
  5. MichaelG
    Mar 15, 2009
    The King's son is stupid, cowardly, drunk, treachorous, and GAY!! Did you have to make him gay? We gay people have to put with enough shit without reinforcing stereotypes. The Gay guy should have been the hero, now THAT is daring TV
  6. davew
    Mar 17, 2009
    Terrible stilted dialog, mock-heroism, unconvincing battle scenes spoil what might have been a fascinating idea. Too bad.
  7. JaneS
    Mar 16, 2009
    Was looking forward to an interesting program. Was seriously disappointed. Won't be watching again.
  8. AaronB
    Jul 12, 2009
    Melodrama at its worst. Soapy, sappy and embarrassingly melodramatic, this one has enough cheese to rival Wisconsin. Its also painfully dull and pretentious. Skip it or watch it to see exactly why it was canceled.

If only Green had not made such a cold, bland stew of such rich and tasty ingredients.
    Kings does dip in and out of predictability, when familiar Spelling soap operatics and political machinations break through the show's unique surface. But it still is a fascinating effort.
    Happily, this generally well-told tale of a modern-day king and his restive court has more going for it than a charismatic performance from the dependably wonderful “Deadwood” star.