• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Mar 15, 2009
8.7

1. Dec 21, 2013
    I especially love when source material is so creatively re-imagined. Smart, sophisticated storytelling in a very believable alternate 21st century world.
  2. Dec 16, 2012
    I really enjoyed Kings. It seemed very original, and I enjoyed the alternate reality world that they created, something that was unlike anything else on television. I do agree that it played it safe in many instances, but overall, I really enjoyed the show and I wish it hadn't been cancelled.
  3. Apr 18, 2012
    Really good show but I must say to big a budget they could have cut down a bit and I am sure it would have survived on a cable channel better. great actors and very poetic themes linking the Davidic era to present day politics! with media control etc
  4. Feb 3, 2011
    One of the best shows to come out of NBC in years, which, of course, meant it's cancellation was inevitable. The first season is some of the best hours of television I've had the pleasure of seeing in a long time though. It was very promising and, although it is unlikely at this point, it would be nice if it was picked up by another network at some point.
  5. H.Cole
    Jan 3, 2010
    The reason for failure is because it is on NBC which is in severe decline. If NBC sold the rights to the FOX network (like '24') it would go to the sky in ratings. 'Kings' is the only program we have viewed on NBC in years. I happened on it in the iTunes lineup and downloaded the season. Even our 15yr. old son and 13 yr. old daughter were locked in on the show. We are The reason for failure is because it is on NBC which is in severe decline. If NBC sold the rights to the FOX network (like '24') it would go to the sky in ratings. 'Kings' is the only program we have viewed on NBC in years. I happened on it in the iTunes lineup and downloaded the season. Even our 15yr. old son and 13 yr. old daughter were locked in on the show. We are all hoping to see it again...soon! Expand
  6. DavidD
    Dec 10, 2009
    Relative to other shows currently running on network TV, it is absurd to lift a finger in criticism of this show. There is always room for improvement, but if you changed the channel in dissapointment and were not dissapointed again immediately after, it is because this incredibly bold and original series went flying way over your head.
  7. DavidP
    Oct 1, 2009
    I tell you given a chance, something wonderful can come out of this creative series. I think Micheal Green does a splendid work and of course I love the allusion to the Bible. Only one without interest in Biblical Adventure would underrate this series.
  8. terrya
    Aug 21, 2009
    One of the best and most interesting network dramas produced and inappropriately reviewed by many "critics" I see.
  9. JohnB.
    Aug 18, 2009
    A refreshment to prime time cable tv. this series reenergized my interest on watching standard television. The entertaining dialogue kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time.
  10. DanielC
    Aug 14, 2009
    Its biblical story meets shakespearean drama meets modern soap, combined in an a most artful and intriguing way. Worth seeing through to multiple seasons.
  11. TravisL
    Aug 6, 2009
    This was one of the better TV shows I have seen. No other show has gotten me to sit down on a specific night to watch in a very long while. Ian McShane is an awesome actor to watch. He sucked me in with Deadwood a while back, now I just look for that guy to entertain.
  12. ParkerH
    Aug 4, 2009
    Absolutely inspiring. NBC please dont make the same mistake FOX made with Family Guy. Bring it back soon!
  13. AnaD
    Aug 2, 2009
    I recently watched the entire season 1. Please bring it back. This a such a different show. I am hooked. I happened to watch a few minute of the last episode and immediately went to NBC to see the whole season. NBC please don't disappoint your viewers. Ana.
  14. CherylM
    Aug 1, 2009
    Kings is the best TV show I have seen in years. You need to replay the episodes and advertise the show to get more viewers.
  15. ThomasZ
    Jul 26, 2009
    My favorite show and the only one I followed on Tv. It such a shame that it canceled it made me actually care for the characters and want more.
  16. NancyD
    Jul 25, 2009
    I've liked the show from the beginning. Then it suddenly disappeared. Now it's back and better than before! I won't miss an episode thanks to my DVR.
  17. ShaneB.
    Jul 23, 2009
    Best show on the networks by far. It's criminal that NBC is not going to renew it for another season because they failed to promote it in the beginning. Also, after reading some of the critics reviews that gave such low scores I have to wonder if they actually watched the show as their reviews make no sense at all. This show is the most original I've seen anywhere and has the Best show on the networks by far. It's criminal that NBC is not going to renew it for another season because they failed to promote it in the beginning. Also, after reading some of the critics reviews that gave such low scores I have to wonder if they actually watched the show as their reviews make no sense at all. This show is the most original I've seen anywhere and has the best acting and script writing of any network show. Expand
  18. CD
    Jul 22, 2009
    I really like this show and it keeps me coming back each week. At times it could be considered "cheezy" but all the visuals, plots twists make up for it. I guess I'll go ahead and give it a 10 because they're cancelling it anyways...NBC, do some better promo spots and/or give it one more season, jeeeez.
  19. sarahr
    Jul 21, 2009
    This is the smartest show I have seen in a long while -- historic yet pertinent, sophisticated yet generally appealing. If in fact it gets cancelled -- I vote for a feature length film. Make it an indie film so those who find the subject matter to be lofty of confusing wont be compelled to view it.
  20. ShannonR.
    Jul 21, 2009
    I cannot understand why NBC would cancel such a remarkable show such as this one. I have not stopped watching the episodes for three days. We have not had a show on the air like this one in a long time.
  21. marcusk.
    Jul 21, 2009
    What a great and cerebral show. I haven't enjoyed TV this much in years. It's not surprising that they now are canceling the show. Shame on NBC.
  22. DennisR
    Jul 19, 2009
    This is one of the best shows I've seen in a long time. People have called this show melodramatic in a negative way. Do not believe that, it is drama.. High intelligent drama at it's best. The show really stands alone and is not to be missed. Most of television can only dream of reaching towards an epic and amazing story-line like KIngs has introduced. I really wish more shows This is one of the best shows I've seen in a long time. People have called this show melodramatic in a negative way. Do not believe that, it is drama.. High intelligent drama at it's best. The show really stands alone and is not to be missed. Most of television can only dream of reaching towards an epic and amazing story-line like KIngs has introduced. I really wish more shows would have this much originality and substance. We need to throw away generic television and promote shows that don't recycle every concept a thousand times. Like Kings. Expand
  23. RaymondB.
    Jul 18, 2009
    Excellent acting and the locations are breath taking. Like a lot of the viewers who have taken time to watch this show I'm not religious yet all the references did not offend in any way. Once again however the TV execs in all their wisdom killed off another good show. Back to the Discovery for me, at least till they decide to get rid of reality and cop shows.
  24. KathyU
    Jul 14, 2009
    Best and Smartest show I have ever seen. Acting is beautiful.
  25. AaronB
    Jul 12, 2009
    Melodrama at its worst. Soapy, sappy and embarrassingly melodramatic, this one has enough cheese to rival Wisconsin. Its also painfully dull and pretentious. Skip it or watch it to see exactly why it was canceled.
  26. ShannaS
    Jul 6, 2009
    Excellent show. I hope NBC changes its mind about canceling.
  27. ZebG
    Jul 5, 2009
    This show is like watching graduate level programming when most tv nowadays feels like middle school.
  28. MattL
    Jul 5, 2009
    If this show leaves the air entirely, it will be a true shame.
  29. JonnyV
    Jun 25, 2009
    I think the show teeters on its own pretentiousness. There are times when the themes, characters, and scope play together so well that you get to genuinely witness brilliant television on a grandiose scale. The acting can be deliciously overdone, the dialogue witty and thought-provoking, and the dilemnas though, admittedly, rehashed, can place a new spin an a very old and dear story. It I think the show teeters on its own pretentiousness. There are times when the themes, characters, and scope play together so well that you get to genuinely witness brilliant television on a grandiose scale. The acting can be deliciously overdone, the dialogue witty and thought-provoking, and the dilemnas though, admittedly, rehashed, can place a new spin an a very old and dear story. It is these moments that pull me through the times the show trips on itself by turning that grandiose scale into an all-out ego stroke. The airs the show puts on at times are certainly off-putting, as if we have never seen these conflicts before or that we do not know the story line or what is to come. A prime example is the uprising at Port Prosperity and the kidnapping of the princess. Tired, indeed. However, Kings constantly rescues itself by providing us with excellent acting and direction coupled with a visually daring and thoughtfully crafted spin on an old tale. This show was like nothing on television, able to balance the religious aspect without tumbling into an all-out sermon. For that I can at least appreciate the difficulty in attempting to do so. Not the greatest show I have ever seen, but an excellent retelling of a classic tale. Watch it. Expand
  30. SethV
    Jun 23, 2009
    How can critics and other viewers really speak poorly about this show? This show is like a good book you keep wanting more and more and never want to stop watching. There isn't another show like it on television. Even all of the countries are fictional places. Great imagination and truly artistic performances all around. I hope Kings sticks around for years to come.
  31. JC
    Jun 20, 2009
    Great show. Yes, sometimes a brief, suspension-of-belief moment is awkward, but the other 95% of the time, I am utterly transfixed.
  32. Josh
    Jun 14, 2009
    It's being canceled because it flies right over the head of most Americans, including the Executives at NBC who are doing their best to kill the show by sticking it in terrible timeslots. Shame it's being taken off the air.
  33. DougJ
    May 10, 2009
    Great Show, they need to show them back to back before they start up again and do a little advertising for it. The show rocks it would suck to see it get canceled.
  34. WarrenZ
    May 5, 2009
    I enjoyed the show. I thought it was truly daring to take a story for Biblical history and give it a modern day twist. I will watch the remaining episodes. Perhaps the professional critics will read about Saul and David during the hiatus, andcome understand what the series is about.
  35. PaulineK
    May 4, 2009
    I love this show. It is one of the few shows I would re-arrange my schedule to watch.
  36. JasonS
    May 1, 2009
    A confused hodge podge, would have been much better as an alternative history piece. The biblical stuff is just tedious.
  37. Breeze
    Apr 29, 2009
    This is show is so good, it should be on HBO. I'm disappointed that it's on hiatus until June. I was really getting hooked and hope that NBC has the sense to continue the series.
  38. DH
    Apr 27, 2009
    War. Palace intrigue. Romance. Treachery. This is so much more entertaining than cheap "reality" shows. The fact that it is good means it will probably be canceled before it has the chance to build an audience.
  39. PhilS
    Apr 27, 2009
    Compared to the average network fare an obvious 10. Since I loved it from the start I was sure it was ultimately doomed. If NBC could be so "daring" as to initiate it, why couldn't they have the guts to stick with it to let it find an audience.
  40. DanielK
    Apr 23, 2009
    Fantastic and incredibly original. Unlike anything else on TV. Very ambitious and theatrical. You won't like it if you're too stupid to understand it, but this retelling of King David in modern times is a joy to watch. Professional reviewers take themselves too seriously. It likely won't last long because it isn't the type of show that garners a huge viewing audience, Fantastic and incredibly original. Unlike anything else on TV. Very ambitious and theatrical. You won't like it if you're too stupid to understand it, but this retelling of King David in modern times is a joy to watch. Professional reviewers take themselves too seriously. It likely won't last long because it isn't the type of show that garners a huge viewing audience, but this is quality TV. Expand
  41. NoahM
    Apr 19, 2009
    I like the show, but just wanted to respond to someone who said the show completely avoided product placement. ALMOST! In one of the first few episodes, during the trench warfare, I noticed a soldier smoking an American spirit cigarette. Just that that was an interesting tidbit.
  42. CharlesG
    Apr 17, 2009
    Honestly one of the best shows on television right now. The critics are simply afraid of something different, as are today's reality-TV obsessed television audiences. The best thing that can happen is for all the episodes to be aired, because its an absolute guarantee that this show will find success later on.
  43. jessicak
    Apr 16, 2009
    I really enjoyed watching this show it actually makes you think and not just stare at the screen. It has great character and actually meaning into it.
  44. AriB
    Apr 13, 2009
    Give the show a chance and you'll fall in love. It's deep, epic and engaging combined with superb actors and a laundry list of excellent production values. NBC's already started to muck around with the show's time slot so it doesn't look like they've got much faith in Kings. Maybe we can make them believe.
  45. NatalieC.
    Apr 12, 2009
    I really like this show it was something different for a change beside reality tv, and dr shows and crime shows. The cinematography on the show is suburb. And I liked the story line. I just can't believe its getting canceled stupid network. Lets put more news on. My tv is off more then on and I'm tired of the same old show. This was different.
  46. Kyle
    Apr 12, 2009
    In trying to walk the Christian walk, it's enjoyable to see a new take on one of the Bible's most viewed characters. I urge NBC to take another look and put a little more faith in this series. If Friday Night Lights can have so many chances, then Kings deserves just as many?
  47. MeghanP.
    Apr 10, 2009
    I understand why the verdict on this series is "mixed reviews" instead of a more positive glow. There are moments that drag on for too long, some which could have been deleted altogether because they by their lonesome substantially .. err cornify (?) the show. However, there are others that are fascinating: characters thoughtfully developed, relationships intricately planned, complex I understand why the verdict on this series is "mixed reviews" instead of a more positive glow. There are moments that drag on for too long, some which could have been deleted altogether because they by their lonesome substantially .. err cornify (?) the show. However, there are others that are fascinating: characters thoughtfully developed, relationships intricately planned, complex scenarios that culminated as light bulb moments, perhaps. If you're watching this, don't expect to be blown away completely, but you've been warned - you'll be back for more. Besides, can I just say... OMFG Chris Egan!! (Sorry, that was the teenager in me) Expand
  48. DomminiqueW
    Apr 8, 2009
    Excellent, I am a christian and I amazed that we have stepped it up to have a great show such as this on television. I will pray that it stays on.
  49. MikeF
    Apr 6, 2009
    I tuned into this show because I thought the concept seemd ambitious and cool and because I loved Ian McShane on Deadwood. I have been disappointed over the first few episodes because the show takes no risks and uses cliche characters and plotlines. They could have taken the concept so many places and crafted a thoroughly original show, but instead they chrned out something unoriginal and I tuned into this show because I thought the concept seemd ambitious and cool and because I loved Ian McShane on Deadwood. I have been disappointed over the first few episodes because the show takes no risks and uses cliche characters and plotlines. They could have taken the concept so many places and crafted a thoroughly original show, but instead they chrned out something unoriginal and vanilla. With elements of such lame source material as Dallas, Dirty Sexy Money and Cruel Intentions, it's tough to imagine what kind of show this is supposed to be: an imaginative re-telling of a biblical story or a prime time soap opera. Expand
  50. DaveG
    Apr 6, 2009
    Color me intrigued so far, especially coming from network TV, where I thought imagination died a couple of decades back. They still have ample time to screw things up by branching off to aliens from space, Inca mysticism, or sexual deviance behind every door. What's really astonishing is how the creators have avoided almost any form of pop culture so far. A series without Color me intrigued so far, especially coming from network TV, where I thought imagination died a couple of decades back. They still have ample time to screw things up by branching off to aliens from space, Inca mysticism, or sexual deviance behind every door. What's really astonishing is how the creators have avoided almost any form of pop culture so far. A series without McDonald's arches or a Starbucks on the corner...that's an effort in and of itself. Expand
  51. TomP.
    Mar 30, 2009
    This show fascinates me, I am a practicing Christian, but I haven't read this story. Ian McShane has an amazing performance as King Silas and gets some good supporting performances from a consistantly good cast. I would just like to say to say to Michael G, who asks, "Did you have to make him gay?", in the story of Samuel, the person that Jack is based on IS gay, so they didnn't This show fascinates me, I am a practicing Christian, but I haven't read this story. Ian McShane has an amazing performance as King Silas and gets some good supporting performances from a consistantly good cast. I would just like to say to say to Michael G, who asks, "Did you have to make him gay?", in the story of Samuel, the person that Jack is based on IS gay, so they didnn't really have a choice, did they? Expand
  52. GabeD
    Mar 30, 2009
    Fantastic, just what Sunday night needed.
  53. BenVanG
    Mar 30, 2009
    Intelligent and interesting. The writing and melodic and intentional. In some ways, it reminds me of West Wing. Very enjoayable and a refreshing change to the dim witted shows that have been making their ways on network TV lately. After the fall of Journeyman, Life on Mars, and several others that I found interesting - I suspect that this will be on the chopping block soon. Let's Intelligent and interesting. The writing and melodic and intentional. In some ways, it reminds me of West Wing. Very enjoayable and a refreshing change to the dim witted shows that have been making their ways on network TV lately. After the fall of Journeyman, Life on Mars, and several others that I found interesting - I suspect that this will be on the chopping block soon. Let's enjoy it while it's here. Expand
  54. ColetteG
    Mar 29, 2009
    I am really enjoying this show. You don't have to keep it cleaner than the Bible, outside of Utah, anyway. Here in the Boston area we enjoy a good political parable. So far the male characters are more interesting or is that just me? I hope that the show will continue!
  55. MelK
    Mar 28, 2009
    I did enjoy this show, though I can't pinpoint why. The first few episodes has shining moments of brilliance (in acting, dialogue, or visuals) surrounded by either slow and boring or crazy and unrealistic scenes that make one's attention wander. The best scenes are those where Silas and David interact and display the contrast of hardened, suspicious warrior/politician and young, I did enjoy this show, though I can't pinpoint why. The first few episodes has shining moments of brilliance (in acting, dialogue, or visuals) surrounded by either slow and boring or crazy and unrealistic scenes that make one's attention wander. The best scenes are those where Silas and David interact and display the contrast of hardened, suspicious warrior/politician and young, dealistic earnestness. If NBC does stick with this show and it continues to at least generally follow the biblical story, the most interesting will be the development of David. We see him now as the innocent, devoted soldier but he is destined to become more and more akin to Silas and his corruption as his story progresses (remeber Bathsheba?). Expand
  56. GabeR
    Mar 27, 2009
    I give it 10. Relative to all the other crap on TV this is a fresh and original show with great imagery. Love it, move aside generic sitcom, bitter sweet doctor show, and omg we always solve the murder cop show.
  57. Brian
    Mar 25, 2009
    Great reimagining of the David vs. Saul story. It has breathtaking moments of transcendence and I can't wait to see more. The best new thing in a long time.
  58. EricB
    Mar 24, 2009
    This show is great. It's refreshing. It's literate. The acting is superb. The detractors are full of it. Maybe they'd prefer another reality show or another season of According to Jim.
  59. MichaelR
    Mar 23, 2009
    Brilliant, ballsy, and thoughtful - you know, the kind of TV that you don't see anymore - and if you do, is gone before you know it. NBC has a shot with a real winner here - keep this show going!
  60. LeeAdama
    Best. Show. Ever.
  61. DonnyB
    Mar 23, 2009
    I love this show - so far. I have to suspend my usual cynicism, but I enjoy the Shakespearean script & amazing architecture (think NY plus castles. . .) I hope it stays on long enough to build a base!
  62. DavidU
    Mar 23, 2009
    I like this show. It's different. It's not perfect, but it's willing to take a risk and I appreciate that. Beautifully shot and fillmed on an epic scale. The story line is not overly complicated or overdone.
  63. AndyS
    Mar 23, 2009
    I thoroughly enjoyed the premiere and commend NBC for doing something so noteworthy and bold. They really went out of the ordinary here and invested in some creative teams and actors. Hopefully the ratings will increase, because I would like to see this show to the end... not the near end mind you.
  64. KristinaH.
    Mar 22, 2009
    unique show which will only become more layered and intense as it progresses. I just hope American audiences have the attention span for it, as many crave more to tv than reality drivel.
  65. SharonD
    Mar 22, 2009
    Fascinating Show! Excellent casting and character analysis. Am looking forward to further development in this new series!
  66. AbbeyW
    Mar 22, 2009
    I absolutely loved the show! It was original, and the cast was wonderful. Ian McShane is so captivating. I couldn't take my eyes off of him!
  67. ValI
    Mar 22, 2009
    Great start! This show has me interested and wanting to come back for more. Cool style, interesting plot, high budget production values, interesting story. I do not enjoy realty shows and mostly watch comedy, but this show has me hooked. My only concern is, much like with Jericho, will the story shift from drama to small mini-dramatic events with characters that no one really cares about? Great start! This show has me interested and wanting to come back for more. Cool style, interesting plot, high budget production values, interesting story. I do not enjoy realty shows and mostly watch comedy, but this show has me hooked. My only concern is, much like with Jericho, will the story shift from drama to small mini-dramatic events with characters that no one really cares about? If so, many, like myself who used to be into Jericho, will quickly forget about Kings. I hope that they stick to the cool themes of the first two episodes. I highly recommend it! Expand
  68. AmyE
    Mar 19, 2009
    Not totally sold yet, but intrigued enough to come back for more... didn't even consider the Biblical implications, but now that I've read others' comments to that effect, I'm even more interested in seeing what else the writers have in store.
  69. LJ
    Mar 18, 2009
    Kings is unlike anything on television, and that is a good thing. Beautifully shot, excellent writing, outstanding cast.
  70. BryanT
    Mar 18, 2009
    My actual vote is 8.5, but I figure that "10" added to others' ratings, it will average out to what I want. Kings is a series with tremendous potential. I am well acquainted with the the biblical story of David and Saul. I appreciate all the allusions to that story including the Pastor Shepherd [Prophet Samuel] informing the king that he is no longer God's Chosen One. I fear My actual vote is 8.5, but I figure that "10" added to others' ratings, it will average out to what I want. Kings is a series with tremendous potential. I am well acquainted with the the biblical story of David and Saul. I appreciate all the allusions to that story including the Pastor Shepherd [Prophet Samuel] informing the king that he is no longer God's Chosen One. I fear that those not familiar with the bible will feel lost and confused, at least for the first few episodes until the plot has time to develop. I never write in like this, but I hope to influence producers to continue the show. I will tell all my friends about it here in Utah. Sundays @ Primetime. P.S. Thanks so much for keeping it clean! Expand
  71. JasonG
    Mar 17, 2009
    It started out slow, but by the end I was hooked in this modern day retelling of the story of David. Well done and unique. I hope it lasts!
  72. JeremyC
    Mar 17, 2009
    Lacking in many television cliches this show takes a great bible story and adapts it seamlessly to a modern world. David is believable and fittingly awkward. King Silas plays the characters and the audience with his words making him the perfect television politician. I look forward to seeing this show develop.
  73. davew
    Mar 17, 2009
    Terrible stilted dialog, mock-heroism, unconvincing battle scenes spoil what might have been a fascinating idea. Too bad.
  74. TimC
    Mar 17, 2009
    Visually arresting, theatrical, ambitious... it seems at the very least to be taking itself and it's own mythology seriously... I hope it continues to fulfill the promise of the pilot episode...
  75. ColinC
    Mar 17, 2009
    Good fun! Yes, it's very melodramatic and reminds me of a contemporary version of Dallas of Dynasty. And there's nothing wrong with that. Both the wife and I are planning to watch this again. Lots of intrigue and a classy style to boot.
  76. PoG
    Mar 17, 2009
    Who is this show supposed to attract? It seems to be the least interesting for those of us who actually HAVE read Samuel. Frankly, I found it boring. Any differences from the Bible story make the show vastly inferior.
  77. TamaraJ
    Mar 17, 2009
    Disappointing. By 4:49, it's clear that this is a retelling of the Saul/David narrative. When they introduce the "Goliath" tanks at 8:41, it's obvious that the writing is tedious, contrived, and precious. It looks like the work of a gifted Vacation Bible Schooler. Give up, NBC. I'm not a Christian, but even I know that a money-hungry network can't out-Bible the Bible. Disappointing. By 4:49, it's clear that this is a retelling of the Saul/David narrative. When they introduce the "Goliath" tanks at 8:41, it's obvious that the writing is tedious, contrived, and precious. It looks like the work of a gifted Vacation Bible Schooler. Give up, NBC. I'm not a Christian, but even I know that a money-hungry network can't out-Bible the Bible. You want a story of stunning heroism, hubris, betrayal, enduring love, adultery, murder, carnage, and homoeroticism? Go dust off the Good Book and read it yourself. Expand
  78. JaneS
    Mar 16, 2009
    Was looking forward to an interesting program. Was seriously disappointed. Won't be watching again.
  79. PeterK
    Mar 16, 2009
    Somehow this all seems like a rehash of earlier attempts to tell a tale set in a post-apocalyptic future ... for instance, Jericho. In this case, the inevitable nuclear war has not taken place but democratic forces are fighting royalists. Could turn into a good series, but the first show's story seemed a bit well-worn and predictable.
  80. DeanS.
    Mar 16, 2009
    I see a lot of Bible characters here. It's fun so far.
  81. PeterC.
    Mar 16, 2009
    Finally, something new and interesting on TV, even though the plot is taken straight from the bible. Great to see Ian McShane again.
  82. maryw.
    Mar 16, 2009
    This show is great. Very intriguing.
  83. DocBenson
    Mar 16, 2009
    Great premise. Interesting use of classic literature in contemporary culture.
  84. HiroshiN
    Mar 16, 2009
    Very imaginative and creative.
  85. LandonB
    Mar 16, 2009
    Admire that the show is attempting to be something different, but the mixture of contemporary language and ideas and the more arcane is at times jarring and unconvincing. I am sure willing to give it a try, but I don't have high hopes for its long-term survival.
  86. AlecE
    Mar 15, 2009
    Battlestar Galactica not in space... And every bit as good. The story will unfold, and you'll learn all that there is to learn of the world. This is like giving Lord of the Rings a 50% rating after 20 minutes because the world isn't simple enough to be fully described in 5 minutes. Patience has its reward and the show kept everyone's attention, that's the biggest mark Battlestar Galactica not in space... And every bit as good. The story will unfold, and you'll learn all that there is to learn of the world. This is like giving Lord of the Rings a 50% rating after 20 minutes because the world isn't simple enough to be fully described in 5 minutes. Patience has its reward and the show kept everyone's attention, that's the biggest mark of a good show, nothing else. I honestly can't wait to learn more more more... Expand
  87. KaptainK.
    Mar 15, 2009
    The best original idea I've seen on network TV since I can remember. I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it.
  88. MichaelG
    Mar 15, 2009
    The King's son is stupid, cowardly, drunk, treachorous, and GAY!! Did you have to make him gay? We gay people have to put with enough shit without reinforcing stereotypes. The Gay guy should have been the hero, now THAT is daring TV
  89. markf
    Mar 15, 2009
    I would watch Ian McShane read the telephone book. This is the next best thing to "Deadwood" (for the time being). I'm hooked.
  90. LeeJ
    Mar 15, 2009
    I thought it was great!!!! From the acting to the story line. Everything Was Amazing!! I think it will be the biggest show that has came i to tv in a long time. I cant wait for the nxt episode.
  91. MelissaL
    Mar 15, 2009
    This show is so great!!! I can't wait to see what happens next! There's nothing like this at all on television now. The show has so much substance, intrigue, and drama, and keeps me glued to my seat in anticipation. I can't imagine anyone could be bored with this series. It's the best show on prime time, without a doubt.
  92. GloriaJ
    Mar 15, 2009
    Despite the obvious respect everyone seems to have for the main character, King Silas, I found this show rather bloodless and lackluster. I just did not care about the show or the characters or what might happen to them.
  93. KatieK
    Mar 15, 2009
    This series looks great already. I watched the full 2 hour episode today and I can't wait for more.

If only Green had not made such a cold, bland stew of such rich and tasty ingredients.
    Kings does dip in and out of predictability, when familiar Spelling soap operatics and political machinations break through the show's unique surface. But it still is a fascinating effort.
    Happily, this generally well-told tale of a modern-day king and his restive court has more going for it than a charismatic performance from the dependably wonderful “Deadwood” star.