• Network: TV LAND
  • Series Premiere Date:
  • Season #: 1
5.8

1. Dec 12, 2013
    Mediocre and predicable, with a terribly cliché plot, yet a few good laughs here and there. That basically sums up Kristie, the new comedy vehicle created for Kirstie Alley. Why? Nobody knows. She must be doing something right in the business (or doing the right person...), since she keeps coming back without actually doing anything worthwhile.

Of course, the show isn't just about

Of course, the show isn't just about Kirstie. The main attractions for me are co-stars Rhea Pearlman (best known as Carla from Cheers) and the apparently re-honored Michael Richards (Kramer, 'nuff said) who basically do a toned down version of their most famous roles. Personally I'm glad to see Richards back (one bad joke doesn't wipe out a legendary performance in one of the best sitcoms ever), even though he is basically a toned down and more cohered version of Kramer.

The rest of the cast can't impress me, and the humour is a bit...lame. It's one of those sitcoms that would have made decent waves 15 years ago, but time moved on.

I generously give this show 1 full season (depending on how good Kirstie is doing who she is doing...), but that's all it deserves.
  2. Dec 17, 2013
    Vapid and oh so predictable. The actors are playing themselves. I am just totally bored, but I knew I would be by the excessive promotional spots. I don't think it is funny, either.
  3. Jan 1, 2014
    I tried to give Kirstie a chance but I can't find anything positive to say about it. Bad acting, bad writing, terrible premise. It may improve with time but I won't know because I won't be watching.
  4. Jan 20, 2014
    I would rather watch my cable box re-boot than sit through 5 minutes of this AWFUL tv show! To say it stinks would be such an understatement. I've got to wonder if Kirstie Alley is blackmailing the cast in order to get them to participate in this litter box of a sitcom! How in world did any network deem this program watchable? I can't "Boo" enough.
  5. Jan 23, 2014
    I love all the casts but it's obvious that the scripts are really lame. It seems like the characters are playing the roles that most of the audience can't relate to. For example, Kirstie playing a show person, Richards playing a driver and Pearlman playing a personal assistant, how many people can relate to those roles in real life? They are all boring professions that most audience don'tI love all the casts but it's obvious that the scripts are really lame. It seems like the characters are playing the roles that most of the audience can't relate to. For example, Kirstie playing a show person, Richards playing a driver and Pearlman playing a personal assistant, how many people can relate to those roles in real life? They are all boring professions that most audience don't care about. Cheers was popular because the whole premise revolves around a bar in which majority of audience can relate to and not to mention they had great stories. Anyway, the casts do their best to make us laugh but no story to back it up. It feels vague and somewhat empty. Otherwise, I'm still watching since there's nothing better on at the time this show is on. Expand
  6. Feb 23, 2014
    excuse me I meant Hot in Cleveland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. Apr 2, 2014
    I tried to like this show because of the great actors in it.
    The writing is so bad that the acting looks bad.
    I tried to like this show because of the great actors in it.
    The writing is so bad that the acting looks bad.

I think the whole adoption re union part of this show is in poor taste, as many people in America these days are reuniting with their birth families and from what I hear, it really isn't all that funny a situation and to think a 27 year old man would move in with his birth mother sounds rather ridiculous and very far fetched.

And the way they have written this, making Kirstie a ditsy dame.... if you could call it that, kind of makes birth mothers out there look bad too. Just a bad idea in general, and not funny at all.

Gave it two tries and the second one was worse than the first one. I don't think I even laughed once, come to think of it. There are much funnier shows out there to watch.
  8. May 4, 2014
    I love Kirstie Alley. She's absolutely hilarious and I'm so happy she has her own show! Needs better writing. But still funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[The cast] throw themselves into Kirstie wholeheartedly, but it's hard not to feel that they're slumming.
  2. Reviewed by: Mary McNamara
    Dec 4, 2013
    Kirstie goes for the worst of both worlds, arraying itself in the worn-thin comfort of predictable humor and sloppy sentiment in the vain hope that it comes off as retro, or quaint or something.
  3. Reviewed by: David Hinckley
    Dec 4, 2013
    Kirstie breaks no new ground, and it doesn’t try to. It walks a path we have enjoyed before.