• Network: TV LAND
  • Series Premiere Date: Dec 4, 2013
5.8

1. Dec 12, 2013
    Mediocre and predicable, with a terribly cliché plot, yet a few good laughs here and there. That basically sums up Kristie, the new comedy vehicle created for Kirstie Alley. Why? Nobody knows. She must be doing something right in the business (or doing the right person...), since she keeps coming back without actually doing anything worthwhile.

Of course, the show isn't just about

Of course, the show isn't just about Kirstie. The main attractions for me are co-stars Rhea Pearlman (best known as Carla from Cheers) and the apparently re-honored Michael Richards (Kramer, 'nuff said) who basically do a toned down version of their most famous roles. Personally I'm glad to see Richards back (one bad joke doesn't wipe out a legendary performance in one of the best sitcoms ever), even though he is basically a toned down and more cohered version of Kramer.

The rest of the cast can't impress me, and the humour is a bit...lame. It's one of those sitcoms that would have made decent waves 15 years ago, but time moved on.

I generously give this show 1 full season (depending on how good Kirstie is doing who she is doing...), but that's all it deserves.
  2. Jan 23, 2014
    I love all the casts but it's obvious that the scripts are really lame. It seems like the characters are playing the roles that most of the audience can't relate to. For example, Kirstie playing a show person, Richards playing a driver and Pearlman playing a personal assistant, how many people can relate to those roles in real life? They are all boring professions that most audience don'tI love all the casts but it's obvious that the scripts are really lame. It seems like the characters are playing the roles that most of the audience can't relate to. For example, Kirstie playing a show person, Richards playing a driver and Pearlman playing a personal assistant, how many people can relate to those roles in real life? They are all boring professions that most audience don't care about. Cheers was popular because the whole premise revolves around a bar in which majority of audience can relate to and not to mention they had great stories. Anyway, the casts do their best to make us laugh but no story to back it up. It feels vague and somewhat empty. Otherwise, I'm still watching since there's nothing better on at the time this show is on. Expand

[The cast] throw themselves into Kirstie wholeheartedly, but it's hard not to feel that they're slumming.
  2. Reviewed by: Mary McNamara
    Dec 4, 2013
    Kirstie goes for the worst of both worlds, arraying itself in the worn-thin comfort of predictable humor and sloppy sentiment in the vain hope that it comes off as retro, or quaint or something.
  3. Reviewed by: David Hinckley
    Dec 4, 2013
    Kirstie breaks no new ground, and it doesn’t try to. It walks a path we have enjoyed before.