• Network: FOX
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 19, 2007
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
7.7

1. Nov 12, 2011
    After seeing 5 seasons of Kitchen Nightmares and showing how failing restaurants needs Gordon Ramsey's help, I've decided to write an review after part two of Burger Kitchen. This is a very great show to me. I feel Gordon Ramsey's trying to help the people asking for help even if some of these people are too arrogant about asking for help. The show does show some good drama it also showAfter seeing 5 seasons of Kitchen Nightmares and showing how failing restaurants needs Gordon Ramsey's help, I've decided to write an review after part two of Burger Kitchen. This is a very great show to me. I feel Gordon Ramsey's trying to help the people asking for help even if some of these people are too arrogant about asking for help. The show does show some good drama it also show how dirty some kitchens that either doesn't know how to take care of their kitchens or left it in an sorry state. To me the best part of this show is that it shows where the restaurants are at so people in the local area or people who's going to visit an area near it can go out to eat when it's new and improve. It also shows some success and failures so people get the 411 on these local eateries. Those in who are or aren't in the restaurant business should watch the show. Collapse
  2. RS
    Dec 11, 2009
    This is a great show. Yes he can be rough and mean and almost done right hateful, but I would be to with dealing with some of these bone heads he deals with. I live in the kitchen myself and to see some of these places makes me sick.
  3. RoxB
    Jun 27, 2009
    This is an exceptional show. For the people who state that the show is staged, I say to you go eat at those filthy restaurants. Gordon Ramsay is a chef of high standards and he tries to implement theses standards for the benefit of the customers. Love this show
  4. MarkD
    Mar 24, 2008
    As others have said, it all seems a bit contrived especially when you compare it to the British version which had less of the melodrama and screaming and showed a bit more of the real Ramsay. This is still entertaining in it's own silly way though.
  5. EricE
    Jan 18, 2008
    I just can't get enough of Ramsey. He is rude, brash, brazen and insulting, but I love it. Some of the stuff these restaurants do really make you wonder when you go into someplace to eat. I almost want to tell the hostess I have to tour their kitchen first after watching this show.
  6. MartinSmith
    Nov 28, 2007
    It's a bit formulaic (you've seen one you've seen them all) but Gordon Ramsay is the absolute truth.
  7. BillK
    Nov 18, 2007
    One of the best shows on TV. I think I even like it more than Hell's Kitchen and I hope the plan is to keep it ongoing. Its entertaining when Chef Ramsey tees off on the inept people, but what's really great is when he inspires the people who do care about making the restaurants work, be it the owner or chef. I wish it was on more than once a week!
  8. Ann
    Nov 1, 2007
    I will never eat in a restaurant that has flies. I love the show. It would be boring without Gordon's explosive personality.
  9. CraigB
    Oct 25, 2007
    Another piece of junk from Fox. Oh, great idea, let's have the star totally destroy ANY self confidence the contestants have. Are you listening, Simon? I'm proud to say I've never seen any episode of American Idle. This show is no better.
  10. DickS.
    Oct 19, 2007
    Having been in the restaurant business I am amazed at how some of these places he has found to "fix" are actually open. Where is the health department that always seems to be in my place when something had just gone wrong! Aren't these owners and managers ashamed that they actually run places like this! And to even think that they are doing things right and no one should tell them Having been in the restaurant business I am amazed at how some of these places he has found to "fix" are actually open. Where is the health department that always seems to be in my place when something had just gone wrong! Aren't these owners and managers ashamed that they actually run places like this! And to even think that they are doing things right and no one should tell them differently. More of these awful establishments need to be exposed and then maybe the entire restaurant industry will be better off. I personally cannot stand Gordon R. but I appreciate what he is doing. I am surprised that he hasn't taken a blow-torch to some of these places! That is about all they deserve. Just proves that not everyone can run a restaurant - no matter what they think! Expand
  11. AnneS.
    Oct 8, 2007
    Its creepy to see what owners will put up with. I don't think I want to eat out as much as I have in the past. Go Gordon.
  12. KW
    Oct 1, 2007
    BBC version was great. Showed a depth to Ramsay I didn't know. He showed that he really cared about the restaurant owners. Fox shows that they like their Brits obnoxious and nasty. Something tells me that Simon is probably nicer in the UK version of "Idol."
  13. WhitneyH
    Sep 26, 2007
    I loved the show!! It had me laughing hysterically throughout the whole episode.I loved the family bonding and working together it shows a real family there with real emotions. It is TV and this is NY! We are who are! That stupid Italian goodfellas stereotype is insulting to me as an Italian myself. Every Italian is not a "Soprano" another fictitious show that is just entertainment for I loved the show!! It had me laughing hysterically throughout the whole episode.I loved the family bonding and working together it shows a real family there with real emotions. It is TV and this is NY! We are who are! That stupid Italian goodfellas stereotype is insulting to me as an Italian myself. Every Italian is not a "Soprano" another fictitious show that is just entertainment for people. The point of TV at the end of the day/show is to be entertained and not to pass judgment on people on a reality show! If you liked it or didn't it, it impacted the people who wrote good or bad reviews enough to make the effort to go out of their way to say something and take the time out to actually write it! Good Luck to Peter and "Peters Restaurant." Expand
  14. MartinS.
    Sep 25, 2007
    This show shows Gordon Ramsey at his best. The man may be a complete social pariah but he speaks the truth without reservation. How many people can you say that about.
  15. KevinL.
    Sep 24, 2007
    Chef Ramsey's strong personality really gives in through the viewers. His powerful execution is brilliant though sometimes a bit rough. The show brings some purpose from entertainment to development and I personally would say that its range of demographic would assist the show in the future.
  16. AnthonyH
    Sep 20, 2007
    Any show with Gordon Ramsay in it gets an A in my book. He's hilarious!
  17. KevinG.
    Sep 20, 2007
    This rating is based on what I felt about the first episode. I have been watching the BBC version of this show for a while now and love it. I was concerned that when they brought it to America that FOX would feel the need to dumb down the show for US viewers, and force Gordon Ramsay to scream insults at people constantly like he does on Hell's Kitchen. Well, the good news is that he This rating is based on what I felt about the first episode. I have been watching the BBC version of this show for a while now and love it. I was concerned that when they brought it to America that FOX would feel the need to dumb down the show for US viewers, and force Gordon Ramsay to scream insults at people constantly like he does on Hell's Kitchen. Well, the good news is that he does a minimum amount of screaming. The bad news is that, yes, the first episode on FOX was a very DUMB version of the BBC show, and a much more contrived one as well. Peter, the loud & boisterous Italian restaurateur, was definitely hamming it up for the camera, and I have serious doubts about the coincidental arrival of the "bill collector" at the restaurant. The end of the episode is what annoyed me most, however. Peter was turned into an ultimate Mr. Scrooge character, who suddenly through the magical wisdom of Gordon Ramsay, becomes not only a good employee but patron saint of the whole neighborhood. This kind of miraculous happy ending would never have happened on the BBC. Yes, Gordon may help to settle differences and turn around a business, but he's not God. He can't spew an insult and suddenly change the personality of someone. What I hope is that in future episodes, Ramsay is occasionally allowed to FAIL in rescuing a restaurant. It happens on the BBC. It's realistic. To make Ramsay the magic Kitchen Fairy is an insult to the audience. Expand
  18. ChrisC.
    Sep 20, 2007
    I saw this last night for the first time and thought it was amazing. I hope the rest of the episodes live up to the standard set in the first episode.
  19. MacD.
    Sep 20, 2007
    The first episode was very good! Can't wait till the next episode!
  20. MarkC.
    Sep 20, 2007
    I thought the show was excellent. The characters were a bit over the top one the first episode, a real stereotype in New York. I also thought Chef Ramsey was himself, he was great as always. Will Tivo this show for sure.

Leave it to Fox to take something the Brits did pretty well and muck it up.
  2. Kitchen Nightmares pushes all of the proper emotional buttons to draw we viewers in. But we're never for a moment able to suspend the notion that we, the audience, are being played.
  3. Reviewed by: Phil Gallo
    Kitchen Nightmares is shockingly good storytelling and hilarious. This may be the most compelling show of the new season