6.1

1. Mar 11, 2014
    A real disappointment considering the art direction, cinematography, scenery, and technical merit. A very dumb, cliche-riddled script made this a grueling experience to watch, even with the aid of fast-forward.
  2. Jan 24, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. My God this is awful historically inaccurate internally inconsistent shallow faux western soap--no, not soap, just perfumed--drivel. The bounds of decency prevent me from saying what I really think. Expand
  3. Jan 25, 2014
    Worst dialogue ever, ranging from the ludicrous to the just plain inane. And while I understand that it's a plot necessity, why out of the thousands of faceless miners is our hero the focus of beautiful women, bad guys, the preacher and everybody else?
  4. Jan 22, 2014
    In 3 episodes, "Klondike" managed to leave me feeling like I had just watched the finale of a show I have loved for years. The scenery, characters, and plot are all spot on. Here's hoping Discovery Channel can keep up this level of entertainment in their inevitable future in scripted TV.
  5. Jan 26, 2014
    Not Good - Not Bad.
    But not as good as we hoped or expected.
    Not sure where the blame should rest ? A rather disjointed affair - with unnecessary peripheral sub-plots/stories. We usually blame the DIrector don't we. But some of the writing seems weak.
  6. Feb 1, 2014
    Definitely a let down given the cast, the drama-rich setting, and Ridley Scott's involvement. Its a paint by numbers miniseries with a bigger budget.

It has its moments - with this cast, how could you not - but is more miss than hit.
  7. Jun 20, 2014
    The 1st most annoying aspect has been the amount of ads Discovery (read Foxtel) has shoved in & at the most inappropriate spots! I am sure there is more advertising than episode shown. It ruins the plot build up totally! The 2nd annoying feature is the constant "bleeping" of cuss words. This program is shown at an adult time slot & I've not seen as much "nanny-ism" for a long time on anyThe 1st most annoying aspect has been the amount of ads Discovery (read Foxtel) has shoved in & at the most inappropriate spots! I am sure there is more advertising than episode shown. It ruins the plot build up totally! The 2nd annoying feature is the constant "bleeping" of cuss words. This program is shown at an adult time slot & I've not seen as much "nanny-ism" for a long time on any other program. These characters are meant to be hard grit & the "bleeping" again ruins any kind of build up of storyline. 3rdly I am surprised to see such a quality actor as Tim Roth in such a poorly scripted program! From episode one where the guy falls in an icy river yet survives for at least a day soaked to the skin!, then some unknown business woman's first words to a total stranger are "don't get into the lumber business as its hers!" Then episode 2 where the claim they have staked is suddenly of interest to every shady character in town, (why didn't the bad guys just buy the claim the day before?), same goes with the dry goods store/church. Oh & the shooting of the Jewish man according to the Mounties is "the talk of the Town" (seems nobody else gets shot here.) I think a child could write a more believable script which has been presented even more poorly by Discovery (read Foxtel).It is so frustrating to watch & I am very disappointed so I guess I will give up. Expand
  8. Jun 23, 2014
    Cowbells review says it all.

1. Reviewed by: Matt Roush
    Jan 24, 2014
    Klondike delivers its dramatic bounty more effectively and compactly [than Black Sails], capitalizing on some of Discovery's favorite obsessions: dangerous vocations, gold prospecting and harsh Alaska-adjacent terrain, in a fictionalized account of the 1897 gold rush.
  2. Reviewed by: Ed Bark
    Jan 21, 2014
    It’s too late to scrub some of the dialogue, though.... Klondike isn’t always this way. Its one-liners can be nifty in spots.... The miniseries also has some engaging supporting characters in grifter Soapy Smith (Ian Hart) and Haskell’s ad hoc mine mate, Joe Meeker (Tim Blake Nelson).
  3. Reviewed by: Erik Adams
    Jan 21, 2014
    Klondike isn’t half as good a televised novel as it is a parade of landscape photography punctuated by archetypal Western exploits.