Knight School with Coach Bobby Knight : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Jan 30, 2006
8.1

1. TimT
    Feb 20, 2006
    Anyone who ever wondered what Coach Knight was like on a basketball court should watch this. Last night's premier episode was excellent. I enjoyed every minute of it. Coach Knight is someone I truly admire for walking through hot coals by his own rules. I'll be tuned in next week!
  2. RonL
    Feb 20, 2006
    Reality show that is real!
  3. DamianE
    Feb 20, 2006
    This show is GREAT!! While biographies are nice to get a perspecive on coaches experiences, they don't get inside a coaches practice habits, philosophies, and theories. This show allows viewers to gain some insight into those things.
  4. mtmcrone
    Mar 20, 2006
    excellent show
  5. Dawna
    Mar 20, 2006
    What an opportunity to see a great coach in action! I'm hoping my 8 year old picks up some wisdom from Coach Knight. The questionable language has also given opportunity for "teachable moments" of discussion. Forget the liberal media and their failure to understand why his style is needed & effective.
  6. ShehzadK
    Mar 7, 2007
    Arvin should have definitely i'm a pg too and i must say he moves really well, out of everyone he would have dribbled them crazy boyz got skillz try out again.
  7. steves
    Feb 20, 2006
    he is a coaching legend you will learn about life from this show
  8. larryl
    Feb 20, 2006
    A truly fine show , as you would expect from Coach Knight.
  9. EdM
    Feb 20, 2006
    The world needs a lot more coaches like Bobby Knight!
  10. JohnD
    Feb 20, 2006
    Keep in mind that Antwan Randle El was technically a walk on at Indiana after football was over.
  11. KCCoyle
    Feb 25, 2006
    As longtime college basketball "junkie" - this gives some interesting insight into how walk-ons are taken through their paces, taught HOW to play the game, and either selected or not! GREAT b'ball basics and balll handling technique. IF YOU HAVE CHILD that wants to play Division I basketball (female or male) this is the show to watch!
  12. DTaylor
    Feb 20, 2006
    I hope this show shows the better side of knight. ESPN butched a Season on the Brink
  13. PedroG
    Great show!!!
  14. JanetH
    Feb 28, 2006
    Indiana's loss, Texas Tech's gain!! Great show. As a former IU Season Ticket holder, this is the great coach we saw at IU. Go Texas Tech!!
  15. BryceM
    Very good show!
  16. DaveS
    Mar 28, 2006
    Guns up General! I hope high school and jr high coaches are watching to learn how it's done--teaching life lessons that is.
  17. BartR
    Mar 3, 2006
    As an ex coach and player, this is a reality show I can finally relate to. Thanks
  18. GregC
    Mar 9, 2006
    I can believe that tyler hoffmeister won, but i cant believe geoff c is complaining, i bet geoff c was tylers backup in high school.....THATS JUST THROWED!
  19. JustinB
    Feb 19, 2006
    excellent show, i really enjoy Coach Knights persistence to be involved with students and if the students didn't want to a student of Knight then they wouldnt be there, all i can say is in my opinion it's an excellent series and can't wait to see the next episode
  20. geoffc
    Feb 20, 2006
    I can't believe tyler hoffmeister goes on to win the show, that should never have happened
  21. marcusw
    Feb 22, 2006
    Amazing to see the "critics" scores vs the fans reviews. Typical of the dicotomey that exists between the media's hate of Knight and how good a job he actually gets done. Great show. If you aren't careful, you may actually learn proper screening techniques!
  22. JosephG
    Feb 23, 2006
    Fascinating to watch the General in action. You really get a sense of what it is like to play for and to coach for Bobby Knight. Summed up well be his son, "His life is to compete and to win - period."
  23. BitseyH
    Feb 24, 2006
    I am a longtime fan of Coach Knight. I will be watching Knight School. I'm a former Indiana University basketball fan. When Coach Knight was hired by Texas Tech, I became a Red Raiders fan.
  24. JamesS
    Feb 28, 2006
    It is great. Thed second episode was much better than the first, and it gives you an indside look at a legend
  25. TimP
    Mar 14, 2006
    This show is awesome!!
  26. SusanW
    Mar 21, 2006
    Love Bobby Knight what an honor it would be to make his team. This show has been awesome.
  27. BC
    Mar 26, 2006
    Great show! Shows how much effort it takes to make it at the collegiate level. These kids have learned a lesson that will last them a lifetime.
  28. tylerm
    Mar 27, 2006
    I love bobby knight and his way of screwin with the kids
  29. MattM
    Mar 28, 2006
    I really enjoyed watching Knight School. I watched every episode and enjoyed every episode. My favorite episode was the 2nd to last when they went to the weight room and really worked hard. Although Tyler Hoffmeister played very well, I believe that Arvin Zeinali should've won due to his tremendous effort on the court. He was the best player in my mind. I just hope that there is a I really enjoyed watching Knight School. I watched every episode and enjoyed every episode. My favorite episode was the 2nd to last when they went to the weight room and really worked hard. Although Tyler Hoffmeister played very well, I believe that Arvin Zeinali should've won due to his tremendous effort on the court. He was the best player in my mind. I just hope that there is a show similar to this one next year. Expand
  30. artJ
    Mar 29, 2006
    Classic Knight! Dustin could play mid-major hoops and Arvin was a gas. A great watch
  31. C.B.Browne
    Mar 7, 2006
    Don't F- with the General.
  32. JohnM
    Mar 8, 2006
    The series is excellent. It shows that Coach Knight has real concern for the students wether they are great players or not. If you listen to his former players you would know that. For instance, Landon Turner. If you believe in political correctness and are afraid of hurting someone
  33. TylerB
    Nov 11, 2006
    Great show! Knight is the master general.
  34. michaelm
    Feb 21, 2006
    Knight has made a career out of snubbing the media and so the media has made legions of articles childishly retailiating and railing against him. Yet, he still holds our interest, hence this program
  35. DuaneB
    Feb 26, 2006
    I am one who does not belive the means justify the ends. Therefore, I am NOT a Bobby Knight fan. But this guy is a GREAT teacher, and the show is awefully good. I wouldn't send a kid to play for him, but I would make him watch this show!
  36. ChuckS
    Feb 27, 2006
    I love this show. It increases my appreciation for what coaches are trying to get kids to do on the court. When you see these kids repeating their lessons, you know he doesn't yell at them for things he never taught them.
  37. maryw
    Mar 24, 2006
    I absolutely love the show. And it's a bomus that Dustin is so cute. It definately give a new meaning to basketball.
  38. marks
    Mar 26, 2006
    Whether you like coach K or not, you can appreciate his dedication to the game and to winning. I enjoyed seeing him in a more realistic light as opposed to news bites.
  39. CostaThe
    Mar 26, 2006
    cool show-- I liked it-- watched every episode-- Bobby Knight is a softy compared to his reputation.

1. "Knight School"... offers an unusual opportunity to see a coaching legend in his native habitat, but watching him work ultimately leaves a sour aftertaste.
  2. Almost immediately you can tell it's a kind of fantasy camp for "Sports Center" junkies.
  3. A sports tryout is an interesting ritual and Bobby Knight is an interesting character. But like a good basketball team, a riveting reality show doesn't come together overnight.