2.9

1. Jan 22, 2013
    Kroll rules on The League, which is why I couldn't wait to watch him on his own show. I made it through the halfway point of one episode and I was stunned - it's just really, really bad. It's as bad as The League is good. I don't know if he has bad writers on this show helping him, something is just really wrong here. There is just nothing funny going on. It was hard to watch.
  2. Jan 21, 2013
    It's just not funny. Simple as that. He tries pretty hard, but it just isn't funny. Workaholics is much more funny. He's funny on The League, and pretty much in general, but the writing is pretty terrible. Lame.
  3. Jan 25, 2013
    I thought it was going to be great because Kroll is funny as hell in the League. But this is just god awful. Total fail. Good thing its on after workaholics so no one has to watch this crap before an actual funny show comes on. Don't waste your time watching this terrible attempt of a skit comedy show.
  4. Mar 1, 2013
    Decided to give it a second chance, Watched 3 episodes, and still hated the show. It's so incredibly stupid that it's laughable. I only liked 2-3 skits out of the 3 episodes I watched. Don't bother with this trash.
  5. Jan 20, 2014
    The first 3 episodes are not funny. This show has some good comedians on it, and it's still not funny.
    There's really no good reason why a show this bad should get approved for production. It's epic crap.
    The first 3 are so bad that I do not care if it gets better later.
  6. Jan 24, 2013
    This review is one of disappointment, because Nick Kroll is funny. He's funny on "The League" and his stand up, while not mind blowing, is solid. I was even excited to see the show after watching a teaser clip featuring him as an NBA ref miced for a game. It was a funny concept albeit unevenly executed. But, I thought it had it's moments and certainly could mean great things ahead for the show. Sadly the NBA sketch was the best sketch of the show. Everything else was half baked or just plain annoying. The show has a rapid fire edit style that is great but is undeserved by sketches that over stay their welcome or a just plain terrible. The Sex in the City For Men bit had so many talented people in it and yet, it was painful to see it get shoved in the comedy taffy puller and get destroyed. I'm hoping the ship can right itself because I believe Kroll has the chops to drive it... Just needs better material. For a series premiere, I'd say they have their work cut out of them. Key and Peele cleaned up their show a lot, so maybe Kroll will be able to. There is a lot of work to do. Expand
  7. Jan 24, 2013
    I was excited to watch this .Had it on the DVR and everything. Then I watched it and I was like huh?! This isn't funny at all. So many things not funny with this show. Don't waste your time with this.
  8. Jan 31, 2013
    After enjoying Nick Kroll in his stand-up, and one of the funniest shows on TV (The League), I was extremely excited for a show, with Nick at the helm. However I was met with bitter disappointment. I have given the show a chance, and watched all the episodes thus far. Last night was the last one, I cannot do it anymore. Simply: this show is just not funny. In watching all the episodes so far, I was able to force out maybe 2 chuckles. Bobby Bottleservice is definitely Kroll's best character, a veteran from funnyordie.com and seemingly the only character that is somewhat developed. The rest of the characters are bland, and Kroll doesn't do very good accents or impressions of his own characters well, at all. While some premises of his sketches are humorous and entertaining, they are executed with the proficiency of a middle school improv group. Kroll recently was on Adam Carolla's Podcast, The Adam Carolla Show (an excellent podcast), and stated that he really gave Kroll Show everything his all, I do not see the effort. He is either lying for promotional purposes, or if it is true he is not as good of a comic as I had previously thought, which is quite disheartening. Please save your time and go on the elliptical for 30 minutes rather than waste it on this "show" that I am almost certain will not see another season. I don't know how this promising concept could go so wrong. Expand
  9. Jan 11, 2014
    This guy deserves a show with his name in the title? Because he's on the same level as Dave Chappelle? And then I awoke from my nightmare. Sick of seeing these untalented DWEEBS get rich by peddling their infantile, uninventive, cliche, and let's be honest, BORING wares to the lowest common denominator. Debunk a status quo. Challenge a taboo. Only please drag your parasitic existence to the far ends of the earth and catch some sort of exotic fungus. At least that would be FUNNY... Expand
  10. Mar 3, 2014
    There are no laughs in this show. Lately, there's been chatter that the only reason this show exists is because Kroll is very rich and very connected. That makes sense if you watch this show and see how many hate it on comedy's central's facebook page. When nepotism is responsible for this kind of laugh free comedy, we all need to be concerned. Kroll should bow out of comedy and join his brother Jeremy in the sinister spook business. Expand
  11. Apr 10, 2014
    Why is this show still on? It is the most amateurish and unfunny shows ever to be broadcast. it's nearly on its third season and that doesn't make sense.
  12. Feb 13, 2013
    Show is a comedic bust. There are some funny skits here and there, but overall just not that funny. I like Kroll in the league, but just falls expectations.
  13. Jan 27, 2014
    the show is the opposite of funny. Nick kroll needs to retire and stop fouling up the humor business. He can make a fortune working for his dad. humor just isn't his gift.
  14. Jun 23, 2014
    This might be the most unpleasant and unfunny show ever. It seems like some idiot had all these inside jokes with himself that he thought he should share. Not one sketch is a win.

All the rumors of how he bought the show, with his fortune, are making more sense after seeing this pile of crap get a new season. Terrible.
  15. Jul 15, 2014
    For a while I thought I was only catching the same episode every time it was on. WOOPS, apparently I was watching a different episode every time! The jokes are lame, and imitating somebody's voice doesn't equal being funny! Every episode seems the same to me, the same sketches with a few different lines, and Kroll saying "bruh" way too much. If I had to choose between watching one episode of this show, or sitting through 5 hours of Dane Cook...I'd have to pick Dane Cook. Expand
tbd

No score yet - based on 3 Critics

1. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Jan 16, 2013
    In almost every case, even the good concepts (like Kroll as a mic'ed up referee during an NBA game, needily badgering the players) peter out, while the more esoteric ones, such as a spoof of Canadian dramas, are a little too precious for their own good, eh?
  2. Reviewed by: Ed Bark
    Jan 15, 2013
    Kroll Show works often enough to make a name for itself among young males in particular. Men of a certain age might be more resistant, but still susceptible.
  3. Reviewed by: Adam B. Vary
    Jan 14, 2013
    Kroll Show runs on the idea that imitation is the highest form of parody, skewering, through pitch-perfect re-creation.