• Network: ABC
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 27, 2012
  • Season #: 1
7.9

1. Sep 28, 2012
    I would rather watch the Teletubbies movie than this... horrible scripting, acting is weak and completely unbelievable situations. Why why why? The only thing this had going for it was CGI. The clincher is when the crew breaks into dancing on deck when they cross the equator to the song La Bamba...what? why? Yack...I just threw up a little bit of my lunch.
  2. Sep 28, 2012
    I don't understand all the rosey reviews of this show, i really don't...disappointed especially in the critics. This show will not last...it had potential and interesting story/plot but it is not a hard-nosed, professionally done political/military thriller....it is sort of like Lost, when the gang gets a sub tries to take on the USA. Completely campy characters and dialogue back n forth. Not my cup of tea at all. Expand
  3. Nov 20, 2012
    From high hopes to up in flames. What a disjointed mess of a show. The writers seem torn betwee a show based on reality and a cheesy soap opera. Plots are complex and don't flow, the acting goes from average to bad. It had potential. underscore had..
  4. Jan 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One of my favourite movies of all time is Crimson Tide. This show reminds me of Crimson Tide, if it was done by the cast and crew of the Sea Quest. The first episode is so terribly unrealistic it's painful to watch. Warning Spoiler - 'Yea let's just shoot a nuclear missile off the coast of the US to show that we are serious'....you have to be kidding me. I have never seen a sub marine movie I didn't like. Das Boot, The Hunt for Red October, K9 the Widowmaker, U-571, I love all these movies. But this show completely throws out the tension and makes the submarine seem like a night club. Very dissapointed. Expand
  5. Jul 19, 2013
    I lost it when the show's logic went: "I am the captain of a nuclear submarine. I am in trouble. Lets shoot a nuclear missile near to US territory, to prove we are tough sons of and nobody can fricking with us". The captain is clearly a lunatic. Not a sympathetic character at all. The other characters are rather two dimensional too. There are other thing I can not take seriously. There is a NATO structure that is capable of tracking every military movement in the area, but it is un-guarded and run by civilians. Writers clearly have no idea how military works, and how military related people think. Also too much personal soap-opera drama for my taste, with romance, local gangsters, father-daughter issues and other useless plot devices. Expand
  6. Jun 24, 2014
    This show looked good, but then it became a huge joke. The show is so boring with lame story lines and boring action scenes. It became a huge mess and I was glad it was cancelled.
  7. Oct 7, 2013
    Soap on a submarine. More or less it is not. Sure, the action is good in itself but who wrote this dialogue? Rarely have I heard such a meaningless stuff.
    The actors show no luster performances and the story is stupid.
    That the series was canceled after 13 episodes is not surprising.

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Oct 4, 2012
    This new series is a bold military thriller. [8 Oct 2012, p.60]
  2. Reviewed by: Rick Porter
    Sep 28, 2012
    The show has one of the most thrilling pilots of recent years, but there are a few growing pains in the subsequent two episodes as the show sorts out the weight it gives stories involving the sub's crew, the locals on the tropical island they commandeer and the people back home who have connections to the sub.
  3. Reviewed by: Glenn Garvin
    Sep 27, 2012
    Last Resort's premise alone promises a pretty good action thriller. But co-creator (with Karl Gajusek) and writer Shawn Ryan has produced something much bigger and better than an exercise in bang-bang.