Late Night with Jimmy Fallon : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
5.0

1. DavidR
    Jul 7, 2009
    He just doesn't have it. Jimmy is not THE guy. He's uncomfortable, uninteresting, and forced. It's just too big a platform for him to fill. He doesn't engage the audience and it's almost like watching a child perform for an adult audience
  2. tbbbb
    Sep 23, 2009
    haven't laughed once... too much for him. go back to SNL if they'll even take you after this show. get some new writers or something, plus.. i just don't think he's got the host personality. i'd rather watch ben stein commentate the UFC.
  3. ChrisC
    Mar 4, 2009
    Why is Jimmy Fallon a famous comedian? Nothing he's done in his career has been anything but incredibly stupid. He wasn't funny on SNL (He just laughed at the camera a lot in a charmingly schoolboy way), he's only made horrible movies. Why is Jimmy Fallon a celebrity?!
  4. BrandonS
    Mar 4, 2009
    A disastrous first show. A lot of talk show hosts have bumpy starts, so in time Jimmy might get the hang of it. But by no means did this satisfy on any level. Timberlake was the only one who appeared comfortable at any point. It felt a lot more like Jimmy was "playing" host, rather than really hosting. Contrived and awkward as hell. For a great interviewer, flip the channel to Craig A disastrous first show. A lot of talk show hosts have bumpy starts, so in time Jimmy might get the hang of it. But by no means did this satisfy on any level. Timberlake was the only one who appeared comfortable at any point. It felt a lot more like Jimmy was "playing" host, rather than really hosting. Contrived and awkward as hell. For a great interviewer, flip the channel to Craig Ferguson, who has real conversations with his guests. Expand
  5. HughD
    Apr 3, 2009
    Pathetic and Embarrassing to watch. Childishly stupid attempt to be funny (lick it for 10 - holy cripes!). This show is totally doomed to the rubbish heap.
  6. ChristyM
    Jun 5, 2009
    I don't think Jimmy is quite ready for his own tv show, its awkward to watch, he seems kinda lost in what to ask his guest. It doesn't seem to be getting better. The only word that keeps coming to mind is awkward.
  7. KeithB
    Jul 12, 2009
    The Roots are the only thing going for him (jimmy)
  8. JonB.
    Mar 4, 2009
    Fallon is out of his league as a host of a talk show. It's painful to watch him stammer through the show. Not good looking like a deer caught in the headlights.
  9. PeteM
    Mar 6, 2009
    Painful to watch. I don't know if I feel worse for Fallen or the audience. Literally no laughs. Doesn't look like he can ever be as good as Conan, Kimmel, Craig Ferguson, Leno, Letterman. Has the potential to be better than Daly. But why get a stump like DeNiro for the first show anyway?
  10. DavidC.
    Mar 8, 2009
    This was awful The writing Fallon's delivery and everything except the Roots. Please let it end
  11. BobF
    Apr 2, 2009
    Jimmy seems like a nice guy, but the writing isn't giving him anything. Thd band doesn't connect at all and they look and act like they just got out of prison. Compare it to Kevin Eubanks and the Tonight Show band where Kevin warms up, smiles and jokes with the host. I really hope he succeeds, but there's nothing there right now and I can't see it lasting as is.
  12. DerekSB
    Jun 12, 2009
    The guy was great in SNL, but so far his late night show is very very weak. I"m very disappointed. His schmoozing with the guests is painful, as he kissed their asses and they his. No imagination with the bits. I've given up on the show - BORING!
  13. scottf
    Jun 2, 2009
    One of the worst talk show and the worst late night show ever. Jimmy Fallon was the worst pick compare to other SNL members. His joke are not funny, it sound like most of the laugh he get are from people who feel sorry for him. But most of all he has taken a type of entertainment made famous by Carson, Leno, and Letterman and just ruined it.
  14. EU
    Sep 1, 2009
    I went in hoping Jimmy Fallon would at least live up to a quarter of the legacy Conan left him, but I can honestly say Jimmy Fallon is NOT funny. He lacks the humor and charisma Conan brought to Late Night. Next time, NBC should look for an established comedian, as we see with the Carson Daly project, actually being funny is very important.
  15. MikeS
    Mar 15, 2009
    Fallon is clearly way out of his league. His Weekend Update delivery style mixed with horrible writing is a complete disaster. He acts like a giddy fan conducting interviews. NBC's unlikely talk show host experiment should have ended with Conan.
  16. SteveA
    Mar 16, 2009
    There isn't enough room on late night TV for two Jimmy's. Guess which one has got to go.
  17. MattN
    Mar 28, 2009
    Embarrassing to watch. Godawful.
  18. JosephJ
    Mar 9, 2009
    Simply awful.
  19. MichaelC
    Apr 1, 2009
    If it weren't for the producers beefing up the show with big time celebrities, Late Night might have flopped altogether. However, I'm actually glad that Jimmy is so bad, it gave me a chance to discover Craig Ferguson on CBS.
  20. AlexG
    Apr 7, 2009
    Conan takes Fallon and stabs him in the face. Fallon is bad.
  21. CaroleJ
    May 26, 2009
    I keep waiting for Jimmy Fallon's show to get better. It doesn't. Just awful.
  22. JamesS
    May 8, 2009
    What a terrible choice for a band. There's little banter between Jimmy and his band. There also seems to be very little chemistry, unlike that which existed between Conan and the Max Weinberg Seven, particulary with Max himself, and La Bamba. This even makes Paul Schaeffer look funny.
  23. Uko
    Jun 10, 2009
    I really try to laugh.I really try.
  24. ChrisS
    Jul 5, 2009
    His show earns one point for the Roots, but they're just there to get paid. Fallon is fallin' sluggishly into another night show disaster. I cant watch an entire show, but the glimpses I've seen are always flat.
  25. MarianaD
    Apr 25, 2009
    Disappointing, I want that hour of my life back. Insults my intelligence that he thinks he's gonna make us believe his jokes are actually funny.
  26. davidr
    Jun 14, 2009
    Some sketches are starting to show promise....and Fallon can be "funny" physically....but he just doesn't have the funny brain gene. Plus....his ticks and attitudes drive me crazy! i.e....the cheerleader thing.....exhorting us to get excited!
  27. AlexK
    Jul 11, 2009
    Late Night with Jimmy Fallon isn't just bad, but terrible. I laugh once a week when watching it and he honestly tries too hard. The show is resembling not only a piece of junk, but its almost like a game show with his idiotic segments such as, "Lick it for 10" and other activities that are so boring, you wish you could go crazy and slap Fallon right in his face.Actually I have Late Night with Jimmy Fallon isn't just bad, but terrible. I laugh once a week when watching it and he honestly tries too hard. The show is resembling not only a piece of junk, but its almost like a game show with his idiotic segments such as, "Lick it for 10" and other activities that are so boring, you wish you could go crazy and slap Fallon right in his face.Actually I have laughed a lot AT the show not with it but only because it is so incredibly dumb and poorly executed. Collapse
  28. ScottD
    Aug 11, 2009
    I understand that its tough to host a talk show but I feel like maybe NBC jumped the gun by putting him on this show, Jimmy Fallon has always been a nervous guy but, following Conan O' Brien who was never nervous in front of crowds and could easily make fun of himself if nessescary to keep the audience laughing, Jimmy just doesnt seem to work well as a host, I've seen him ruin a I understand that its tough to host a talk show but I feel like maybe NBC jumped the gun by putting him on this show, Jimmy Fallon has always been a nervous guy but, following Conan O' Brien who was never nervous in front of crowds and could easily make fun of himself if nessescary to keep the audience laughing, Jimmy just doesnt seem to work well as a host, I've seen him ruin a number of Punch-lines by stuttering and Trying too hard. And is it just me but does it seem like the studio audience keeps getting smaller and smaller because everytime I tune in it sounds like the audience got smaller than the last time I watched it. Expand
  29. Ranel
    Nov 29, 2009
    I tried watching this show for 2 months to see if he has any chance to be any good, turns out he doesn't. And he just not funny, his monologue isn't as funny, and he just has the lamest skits i.e. "Lick for $10". My gosh, he makes Jeff Dunham look good.
  30. Dec 7, 2012
    Just awful.
    This guy doesn't know how to interview people, and his jokes revolve around retelling the guests' jokes.
    Unfunny jokes with weird timing and an unpleasant host personality.
    Jimmy Fallon should stick to sketch-writing, because this is just awful.

Even granting lots of leeway for opening-night nerves, this was a pretty bad beginning for the Saturday Night Live alum.
  2. An attempt to be silly like O’Brien, his Late Night predecessor, instead had a trying-too-hard feel that approached Carson Daly territory (a place you do not want to be).
    On a late-night show, either the non-interview comedic bits have to be inspired, or the interviews have to be smooth. With a few exceptions, neither worked all that well during Fallon's first show. The comedy frequently fell flat, and as a host, Fallon is underwhelming at the moment.