• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Mar 2, 2009
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
5.0

1. Aug 16, 2010
    I think the people laugh because nobody is laughing at his jokes. the roots are probably the only reason i watch not including the clips and hashtag skits.
  2. WarrenB.
    Mar 25, 2009
    I was at the taping of the premiere, so you'd think I'd be giddy about the show just from being there... but I'm not. Fallon has never been particularly funny (except for some physical comedy), his monologue was stilted, he failed to make comic light of DeNiro's attitude, and the set is angled in a way that discourages a connection with the audience. The Roots, on the I was at the taping of the premiere, so you'd think I'd be giddy about the show just from being there... but I'm not. Fallon has never been particularly funny (except for some physical comedy), his monologue was stilted, he failed to make comic light of DeNiro's attitude, and the set is angled in a way that discourages a connection with the audience. The Roots, on the other hand, were out of control, and should not only have a bigger role in the show, but should also have their own slot at 12:30 AM every weekday morning. Expand
  3. MARIE-ANNEC
    Mar 4, 2009
    Despite obvious and expected nerves -with a difficult first up guest- Jimmy went well on debut. Judgement SHOULD start around the end of week2. Until then, just relax, let him find his feet and enjoy!
  4. tbbbb
    Sep 23, 2009
    haven't laughed once... too much for him. go back to SNL if they'll even take you after this show. get some new writers or something, plus.. i just don't think he's got the host personality. i'd rather watch ben stein commentate the UFC.
  5. SpencerM
    Jan 16, 2010
    Jimmy's show is hit and miss, that being said, I give all shows a chance that pertain to my interests. Since the show has started it has gotten notably more consistent. The Robert Pattinson stuff is pretty good, Housewives of Late Night can be good sometimes as well. However, what sticks out the most is the Neil Young impersonation (which was absolutely fantastic) and when Julian Jimmy's show is hit and miss, that being said, I give all shows a chance that pertain to my interests. Since the show has started it has gotten notably more consistent. The Robert Pattinson stuff is pretty good, Housewives of Late Night can be good sometimes as well. However, what sticks out the most is the Neil Young impersonation (which was absolutely fantastic) and when Julian Casablanca's performed 'I wish it was Christmas Today' alongside Jimmy and Horatio Sanz. Expand
  6. ChrisC
    Mar 4, 2009
    Why is Jimmy Fallon a famous comedian? Nothing he's done in his career has been anything but incredibly stupid. He wasn't funny on SNL (He just laughed at the camera a lot in a charmingly schoolboy way), he's only made horrible movies. Why is Jimmy Fallon a celebrity?!
  7. BrandonS
    Mar 4, 2009
    A disastrous first show. A lot of talk show hosts have bumpy starts, so in time Jimmy might get the hang of it. But by no means did this satisfy on any level. Timberlake was the only one who appeared comfortable at any point. It felt a lot more like Jimmy was "playing" host, rather than really hosting. Contrived and awkward as hell. For a great interviewer, flip the channel to Craig A disastrous first show. A lot of talk show hosts have bumpy starts, so in time Jimmy might get the hang of it. But by no means did this satisfy on any level. Timberlake was the only one who appeared comfortable at any point. It felt a lot more like Jimmy was "playing" host, rather than really hosting. Contrived and awkward as hell. For a great interviewer, flip the channel to Craig Ferguson, who has real conversations with his guests. Expand
  8. HughD
    Apr 3, 2009
    Pathetic and Embarrassing to watch. Childishly stupid attempt to be funny (lick it for 10 - holy cripes!). This show is totally doomed to the rubbish heap.
  9. ChuckD
    Apr 7, 2009
    He has a lot of learning to do, but I see potential in him. I think he just needs to relax a little bit more and not try too hard.
  10. ChristyM
    Jun 5, 2009
    I don't think Jimmy is quite ready for his own tv show, its awkward to watch, he seems kinda lost in what to ask his guest. It doesn't seem to be getting better. The only word that keeps coming to mind is awkward.
  11. KeithB
    Jul 12, 2009
    The Roots are the only thing going for him (jimmy)
  12. BrendonJ
    Mar 30, 2009
    I'm surprised that most people aren't even giving Fallon a chance. Though a bit nervous during the first few episodes, it really does feel like the show is finally hitting its stride. VERY funny stuff, and it altogether feels very unique. I can only see this show getting better (maybe even as good as Conan).
  13. JonB.
    Mar 4, 2009
    Fallon is out of his league as a host of a talk show. It's painful to watch him stammer through the show. Not good looking like a deer caught in the headlights.
  14. PeteM
    Mar 6, 2009
    Painful to watch. I don't know if I feel worse for Fallen or the audience. Literally no laughs. Doesn't look like he can ever be as good as Conan, Kimmel, Craig Ferguson, Leno, Letterman. Has the potential to be better than Daly. But why get a stump like DeNiro for the first show anyway?
  15. RICHARDK.
    Mar 6, 2009
    It's a tough job when you're brand new to it, but Fallon appears way too nervous and lacks confidence. He needs poise.
  16. DavidC.
    Mar 8, 2009
    This was awful The writing Fallon's delivery and everything except the Roots. Please let it end
  17. BobF
    Apr 2, 2009
    Jimmy seems like a nice guy, but the writing isn't giving him anything. Thd band doesn't connect at all and they look and act like they just got out of prison. Compare it to Kevin Eubanks and the Tonight Show band where Kevin warms up, smiles and jokes with the host. I really hope he succeeds, but there's nothing there right now and I can't see it lasting as is.
  18. DerekSB
    Jun 12, 2009
    The guy was great in SNL, but so far his late night show is very very weak. I"m very disappointed. His schmoozing with the guests is painful, as he kissed their asses and they his. No imagination with the bits. I've given up on the show - BORING!
  19. scottf
    Jun 2, 2009
    One of the worst talk show and the worst late night show ever. Jimmy Fallon was the worst pick compare to other SNL members. His joke are not funny, it sound like most of the laugh he get are from people who feel sorry for him. But most of all he has taken a type of entertainment made famous by Carson, Leno, and Letterman and just ruined it.
  20. RobertB
    Jun 6, 2009
    I love his band and I love his show. Especially when he slow jams the news.
  21. DavidR
    Jul 7, 2009
    He just doesn't have it. Jimmy is not THE guy. He's uncomfortable, uninteresting, and forced. It's just too big a platform for him to fill. He doesn't engage the audience and it's almost like watching a child perform for an adult audience
  22. ErollM
    Aug 2, 2009
    Be nice to late night with Jimmy Fallon he's best the guy in world and funniest and Jokes could lead him to Next King of Late night for 30 years. only if a Clown Says that.
  23. EU
    Sep 1, 2009
    I went in hoping Jimmy Fallon would at least live up to a quarter of the legacy Conan left him, but I can honestly say Jimmy Fallon is NOT funny. He lacks the humor and charisma Conan brought to Late Night. Next time, NBC should look for an established comedian, as we see with the Carson Daly project, actually being funny is very important.
  24. JaneD
    Jan 11, 2010
    I have three small children and still stay up past Letterman and O'Brien to watch Jimmy Fallon. Not all nights are worth it, but when he hits it, he hits it and I find myself laughing out loud, by myself at midnight. Housewives of Late Night and some other bits are particularly funny.
  25. MikeS
    Mar 15, 2009
    Fallon is clearly way out of his league. His Weekend Update delivery style mixed with horrible writing is a complete disaster. He acts like a giddy fan conducting interviews. NBC's unlikely talk show host experiment should have ended with Conan.
  26. SteveA
    Mar 16, 2009
    There isn't enough room on late night TV for two Jimmy's. Guess which one has got to go.
  27. joshr
    Mar 22, 2009
    He's doing pretty good, but the roots make the show.
  28. MattN
    Mar 28, 2009
    Embarrassing to watch. Godawful.
  29. ZaheerS
    Mar 29, 2009
    A rocky start, to be sure, but let's face it, late night talk-show hosts rarely, if ever, start off well. Conan was disastrous when he began, and everyone acknowledges that. With time, Fallon will probably grow into his position. Until then, we still have Conan.
  30. JosephJ
    Mar 9, 2009
    Simply awful.
  31. MichaelC
    Apr 1, 2009
    If it weren't for the producers beefing up the show with big time celebrities, Late Night might have flopped altogether. However, I'm actually glad that Jimmy is so bad, it gave me a chance to discover Craig Ferguson on CBS.
  32. AlexG
    Apr 7, 2009
    Conan takes Fallon and stabs him in the face. Fallon is bad.
  33. CaroleJ
    May 26, 2009
    I keep waiting for Jimmy Fallon's show to get better. It doesn't. Just awful.
  34. JamesS
    May 8, 2009
    What a terrible choice for a band. There's little banter between Jimmy and his band. There also seems to be very little chemistry, unlike that which existed between Conan and the Max Weinberg Seven, particulary with Max himself, and La Bamba. This even makes Paul Schaeffer look funny.
  35. Uko
    Jun 10, 2009
    I really try to laugh.I really try.
  36. CodyB
    Jun 3, 2009
    The first couple of weeks were short of painful, but now he is coming into his own. I laughed really hard at last nights show (06/01). With the Roots as a band and a lot of Saturday Night Live humor, you can't go wrong.
  37. ChrisS
    Jul 5, 2009
    His show earns one point for the Roots, but they're just there to get paid. Fallon is fallin' sluggishly into another night show disaster. I cant watch an entire show, but the glimpses I've seen are always flat.
  38. hasanh
    Sep 5, 2009
    I think he's really funny. all he needs is a few months to get into a rythm i mean no one starts off great
  39. RhodyT
    Mar 12, 2009
    He's not as good as Conan was when he left, but he's MUCH better than Conan was when he started. Think about that.
  40. Patrick
    Mar 13, 2009
    It's not as much that we're laughing with him as much as were' laughing at him. The DeNiro interview was a trainwreck.
  41. Joe
    Mar 19, 2009
    Come on guys, give the boy a chance. I recall when they almost canceled Leno, then he started to kill Letterman in the ratings. Jimmy is understandably nervous, but he'll grow into it. That job is not as easy as it looks. And, he certainly is more photogenic than Leno with the chin, and Conan, with the Woodie Woodpecker look. Give him a chance, will ya? I'm old enough to be his Come on guys, give the boy a chance. I recall when they almost canceled Leno, then he started to kill Letterman in the ratings. Jimmy is understandably nervous, but he'll grow into it. That job is not as easy as it looks. And, he certainly is more photogenic than Leno with the chin, and Conan, with the Woodie Woodpecker look. Give him a chance, will ya? I'm old enough to be his dad, and I'm just rooting for him to succeed. If anything, the choice of bands is a bit weird. Ya know, I'm not a racist, but an all black whatever you call it band? I think they do hide one white guy in the corner though. Not that they don't play well as I myself am a musician, but the guy on the right who's only talent seems to be to say the word "yeah". Bring back Max and the gang, and I think it would brighten it up, unless Max and the gang is gonna follow Conan when he takes over the Tonight show. . If anything, Jimmy needs to slow down and talk slower, as he slurrs his words a lot. I guess he's still nervous. Hell, at 34, he's still a kid, thrown into a genre that he's not used to. I think once he settles down, he'll do fine. Expand
  42. MarianaD
    Apr 25, 2009
    Disappointing, I want that hour of my life back. Insults my intelligence that he thinks he's gonna make us believe his jokes are actually funny.
  43. davidr
    Jun 14, 2009
    Some sketches are starting to show promise....and Fallon can be "funny" physically....but he just doesn't have the funny brain gene. Plus....his ticks and attitudes drive me crazy! i.e....the cheerleader thing.....exhorting us to get excited!
  44. AlexK
    Jul 11, 2009
    Late Night with Jimmy Fallon isn't just bad, but terrible. I laugh once a week when watching it and he honestly tries too hard. The show is resembling not only a piece of junk, but its almost like a game show with his idiotic segments such as, "Lick it for 10" and other activities that are so boring, you wish you could go crazy and slap Fallon right in his face.Actually I have Late Night with Jimmy Fallon isn't just bad, but terrible. I laugh once a week when watching it and he honestly tries too hard. The show is resembling not only a piece of junk, but its almost like a game show with his idiotic segments such as, "Lick it for 10" and other activities that are so boring, you wish you could go crazy and slap Fallon right in his face.Actually I have laughed a lot AT the show not with it but only because it is so incredibly dumb and poorly executed. Expand
  45. CameronC
    Jul 26, 2009
    You just gotta give fallon a chance. He is probably one of the most entertaining hosts of any of the late night shows right now. He is just starting so don't keep on giving him a hard time and just wait...soon he will fully develop as a host and he will be amazing.
  46. ScottD
    Aug 11, 2009
    I understand that its tough to host a talk show but I feel like maybe NBC jumped the gun by putting him on this show, Jimmy Fallon has always been a nervous guy but, following Conan O' Brien who was never nervous in front of crowds and could easily make fun of himself if nessescary to keep the audience laughing, Jimmy just doesnt seem to work well as a host, I've seen him ruin a I understand that its tough to host a talk show but I feel like maybe NBC jumped the gun by putting him on this show, Jimmy Fallon has always been a nervous guy but, following Conan O' Brien who was never nervous in front of crowds and could easily make fun of himself if nessescary to keep the audience laughing, Jimmy just doesnt seem to work well as a host, I've seen him ruin a number of Punch-lines by stuttering and Trying too hard. And is it just me but does it seem like the studio audience keeps getting smaller and smaller because everytime I tune in it sounds like the audience got smaller than the last time I watched it. Expand
  47. teek
    Aug 27, 2009
    I love fallon. he was beyond funny at the mtv movie awards and snl. one of my favorite comedians. I love the guy but his show just isnt funny. i want to like it because i like fallon... i seriously want his show to get better. i gave him a pity 7.
  48. Ranel
    Nov 29, 2009
    I tried watching this show for 2 months to see if he has any chance to be any good, turns out he doesn't. And he just not funny, his monologue isn't as funny, and he just has the lamest skits i.e. "Lick for $10". My gosh, he makes Jeff Dunham look good.
  49. ShaunaW
    Dec 18, 2009
    I believe that people either love or hate Jimmy Fallon. I see no reason to hate him, though I could understand why people would not be interested in his show. For the most part, I think he tries very hard to engage all types of audiences (mainly younger). Personally, I think he is absolutely hilarious and I love the show. I really never have been interested in evening talk shows but, ever I believe that people either love or hate Jimmy Fallon. I see no reason to hate him, though I could understand why people would not be interested in his show. For the most part, I think he tries very hard to engage all types of audiences (mainly younger). Personally, I think he is absolutely hilarious and I love the show. I really never have been interested in evening talk shows but, ever since I started watching Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, I find I want to watch it everyday!!! I think he has a charm and his confidence is becoming more evident as the show continues. Expand
  50. Dec 7, 2012
    Just awful.
    This guy doesn't know how to interview people, and his jokes revolve around retelling the guests' jokes.
    Unfunny jokes with weird timing and an unpleasant host personality.
    Jimmy Fallon should stick to sketch-writing, because this is just awful.
  51. suz
    Apr 7, 2011
    I love Jimmy Fallon, he is refreshing and multi-talented, he can sign, dance and he is funny. He beats Conan all to pieces. If Jay ever decides to go I hope they choose Jimmy.
  52. Dec 28, 2013
    Late Night with Jimmy Fallon is the best talk show ont v right now, it´s funny, creative. And Jimmy Fallon is a really talented host he´s even good at singing. The Roots also give the show a great ambient, they are always ready to play songs at any moment.

Even granting lots of leeway for opening-night nerves, this was a pretty bad beginning for the Saturday Night Live alum.
  2. An attempt to be silly like O’Brien, his Late Night predecessor, instead had a trying-too-hard feel that approached Carson Daly territory (a place you do not want to be).
    On a late-night show, either the non-interview comedic bits have to be inspired, or the interviews have to be smooth. With a few exceptions, neither worked all that well during Fallon's first show. The comedy frequently fell flat, and as a host, Fallon is underwhelming at the moment.