Late Night with Jimmy Fallon : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
5.0

1. suz
    Apr 7, 2011
    I love Jimmy Fallon, he is refreshing and multi-talented, he can sign, dance and he is funny. He beats Conan all to pieces. If Jay ever decides to go I hope they choose Jimmy.
  2. DavidR
    Jul 7, 2009
    He just doesn't have it. Jimmy is not THE guy. He's uncomfortable, uninteresting, and forced. It's just too big a platform for him to fill. He doesn't engage the audience and it's almost like watching a child perform for an adult audience
  3. WarrenB.
    Mar 25, 2009
    I was at the taping of the premiere, so you'd think I'd be giddy about the show just from being there... but I'm not. Fallon has never been particularly funny (except for some physical comedy), his monologue was stilted, he failed to make comic light of DeNiro's attitude, and the set is angled in a way that discourages a connection with the audience. The Roots, on the I was at the taping of the premiere, so you'd think I'd be giddy about the show just from being there... but I'm not. Fallon has never been particularly funny (except for some physical comedy), his monologue was stilted, he failed to make comic light of DeNiro's attitude, and the set is angled in a way that discourages a connection with the audience. The Roots, on the other hand, were out of control, and should not only have a bigger role in the show, but should also have their own slot at 12:30 AM every weekday morning. Expand
  4. MARIE-ANNEC
    Mar 4, 2009
    Despite obvious and expected nerves -with a difficult first up guest- Jimmy went well on debut. Judgement SHOULD start around the end of week2. Until then, just relax, let him find his feet and enjoy!
  5. tbbbb
    Sep 23, 2009
    haven't laughed once... too much for him. go back to SNL if they'll even take you after this show. get some new writers or something, plus.. i just don't think he's got the host personality. i'd rather watch ben stein commentate the UFC.
  6. SpencerM
    Jan 16, 2010
    Jimmy's show is hit and miss, that being said, I give all shows a chance that pertain to my interests. Since the show has started it has gotten notably more consistent. The Robert Pattinson stuff is pretty good, Housewives of Late Night can be good sometimes as well. However, what sticks out the most is the Neil Young impersonation (which was absolutely fantastic) and when Julian Jimmy's show is hit and miss, that being said, I give all shows a chance that pertain to my interests. Since the show has started it has gotten notably more consistent. The Robert Pattinson stuff is pretty good, Housewives of Late Night can be good sometimes as well. However, what sticks out the most is the Neil Young impersonation (which was absolutely fantastic) and when Julian Casablanca's performed 'I wish it was Christmas Today' alongside Jimmy and Horatio Sanz. Expand
  7. ChrisC
    Mar 4, 2009
    Why is Jimmy Fallon a famous comedian? Nothing he's done in his career has been anything but incredibly stupid. He wasn't funny on SNL (He just laughed at the camera a lot in a charmingly schoolboy way), he's only made horrible movies. Why is Jimmy Fallon a celebrity?!
  8. BrandonS
    Mar 4, 2009
    A disastrous first show. A lot of talk show hosts have bumpy starts, so in time Jimmy might get the hang of it. But by no means did this satisfy on any level. Timberlake was the only one who appeared comfortable at any point. It felt a lot more like Jimmy was "playing" host, rather than really hosting. Contrived and awkward as hell. For a great interviewer, flip the channel to Craig A disastrous first show. A lot of talk show hosts have bumpy starts, so in time Jimmy might get the hang of it. But by no means did this satisfy on any level. Timberlake was the only one who appeared comfortable at any point. It felt a lot more like Jimmy was "playing" host, rather than really hosting. Contrived and awkward as hell. For a great interviewer, flip the channel to Craig Ferguson, who has real conversations with his guests. Expand
  9. HughD
    Apr 3, 2009
    Pathetic and Embarrassing to watch. Childishly stupid attempt to be funny (lick it for 10 - holy cripes!). This show is totally doomed to the rubbish heap.
  10. ChuckD
    Apr 7, 2009
    He has a lot of learning to do, but I see potential in him. I think he just needs to relax a little bit more and not try too hard.
  11. ChristyM
    Jun 5, 2009
    I don't think Jimmy is quite ready for his own tv show, its awkward to watch, he seems kinda lost in what to ask his guest. It doesn't seem to be getting better. The only word that keeps coming to mind is awkward.
  12. KeithB
    Jul 12, 2009
    The Roots are the only thing going for him (jimmy)
  13. BrendonJ
    Mar 30, 2009
    I'm surprised that most people aren't even giving Fallon a chance. Though a bit nervous during the first few episodes, it really does feel like the show is finally hitting its stride. VERY funny stuff, and it altogether feels very unique. I can only see this show getting better (maybe even as good as Conan).
  14. JonB.
    Mar 4, 2009
    Fallon is out of his league as a host of a talk show. It's painful to watch him stammer through the show. Not good looking like a deer caught in the headlights.
  15. PeteM
    Mar 6, 2009
    Painful to watch. I don't know if I feel worse for Fallen or the audience. Literally no laughs. Doesn't look like he can ever be as good as Conan, Kimmel, Craig Ferguson, Leno, Letterman. Has the potential to be better than Daly. But why get a stump like DeNiro for the first show anyway?
  16. RICHARDK.
    Mar 6, 2009
    It's a tough job when you're brand new to it, but Fallon appears way too nervous and lacks confidence. He needs poise.
  17. DavidC.
    Mar 8, 2009
    This was awful The writing Fallon's delivery and everything except the Roots. Please let it end
  18. BobF
    Apr 2, 2009
    Jimmy seems like a nice guy, but the writing isn't giving him anything. Thd band doesn't connect at all and they look and act like they just got out of prison. Compare it to Kevin Eubanks and the Tonight Show band where Kevin warms up, smiles and jokes with the host. I really hope he succeeds, but there's nothing there right now and I can't see it lasting as is.
  19. DerekSB
    Jun 12, 2009
    The guy was great in SNL, but so far his late night show is very very weak. I"m very disappointed. His schmoozing with the guests is painful, as he kissed their asses and they his. No imagination with the bits. I've given up on the show - BORING!
  20. scottf
    Jun 2, 2009
    One of the worst talk show and the worst late night show ever. Jimmy Fallon was the worst pick compare to other SNL members. His joke are not funny, it sound like most of the laugh he get are from people who feel sorry for him. But most of all he has taken a type of entertainment made famous by Carson, Leno, and Letterman and just ruined it.
  21. RobertB
    Jun 6, 2009
    I love his band and I love his show. Especially when he slow jams the news.
  22. ErollM
    Aug 2, 2009
    Be nice to late night with Jimmy Fallon he's best the guy in world and funniest and Jokes could lead him to Next King of Late night for 30 years. only if a Clown Says that.
  23. EU
    Sep 1, 2009
    I went in hoping Jimmy Fallon would at least live up to a quarter of the legacy Conan left him, but I can honestly say Jimmy Fallon is NOT funny. He lacks the humor and charisma Conan brought to Late Night. Next time, NBC should look for an established comedian, as we see with the Carson Daly project, actually being funny is very important.
  24. JaneD
    Jan 11, 2010
    I have three small children and still stay up past Letterman and O'Brien to watch Jimmy Fallon. Not all nights are worth it, but when he hits it, he hits it and I find myself laughing out loud, by myself at midnight. Housewives of Late Night and some other bits are particularly funny.
  25. MikeS
    Mar 15, 2009
    Fallon is clearly way out of his league. His Weekend Update delivery style mixed with horrible writing is a complete disaster. He acts like a giddy fan conducting interviews. NBC's unlikely talk show host experiment should have ended with Conan.
  26. SteveA
    Mar 16, 2009
    There isn't enough room on late night TV for two Jimmy's. Guess which one has got to go.
  27. joshr
    Mar 22, 2009
    He's doing pretty good, but the roots make the show.
  28. MattN
    Mar 28, 2009
    Embarrassing to watch. Godawful.
  29. ZaheerS
    Mar 29, 2009
    A rocky start, to be sure, but let's face it, late night talk-show hosts rarely, if ever, start off well. Conan was disastrous when he began, and everyone acknowledges that. With time, Fallon will probably grow into his position. Until then, we still have Conan.
  30. JosephJ
    Mar 9, 2009
    Simply awful.

Even granting lots of leeway for opening-night nerves, this was a pretty bad beginning for the Saturday Night Live alum.
  2. An attempt to be silly like O’Brien, his Late Night predecessor, instead had a trying-too-hard feel that approached Carson Daly territory (a place you do not want to be).
    On a late-night show, either the non-interview comedic bits have to be inspired, or the interviews have to be smooth. With a few exceptions, neither worked all that well during Fallon's first show. The comedy frequently fell flat, and as a host, Fallon is underwhelming at the moment.