• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Feb 24, 2014
Season #: 1, 4, 5
3.3

1. Jul 11, 2014
    Seth Meyers is sympathetic and was the best Weekend Update Anchor ever on SNL. I think this Show is simple but very smooth, don´t got all the fake **** as some other Late Nights
  2. Jun 4, 2014
    The reviews for this show are only for the first episode, where sadly the show wasn't that good. But as the show progressed it started getting better and better like many other talk shows did (Fallon, Kimmel, Conan, and even Carson). So if you only caught the first episode, try to watch more recent ones because it gets better.
  3. Aug 27, 2014
    If you only watched the first week, try again, as the show has gotten much better. I like his banter from his life, the bit with the bandleader Fred, and he is a great interviewer. The bits are getting better too, love Fake or Florida.
  4. Sep 4, 2014
    Just really dull.... the show manages to stay alive with decent guests, but Seth can't hold it up on his own.

I hope he makes some changes before NBC finds someone else, preferably someone funny.
  5. Mar 5, 2014
    I am definitily enjoying it, but I do believe that his role was too small on SNL to just come over and host a huge show on NBC. Give him a few more years and he will be bigger than Jay Lenno and Jimmy Fallon in my opinion.. Right now on the other hand it is mediocre at best.
  6. Jan 13, 2015
    Wow! A new benchmark for bad. I can see him read the cards and then he even screws that up. Severely lacking of a personality to carry a show like this. Never laughed, chuckled, nor even smiled once during the show. His artificial smile just adds to his annoyances with his grating high pitched **** laugh. I felt so embarrassed for the horrendous writing of the skits on the show. I willWow! A new benchmark for bad. I can see him read the cards and then he even screws that up. Severely lacking of a personality to carry a show like this. Never laughed, chuckled, nor even smiled once during the show. His artificial smile just adds to his annoyances with his grating high pitched **** laugh. I felt so embarrassed for the horrendous writing of the skits on the show. I will never be tuning in to this show again. I miss my Craig Ferguson. Now there was a guy with a personality who made my face hurt from non stop smiling, laughing, and general guffawing. Not so with Seth. Goodbye Seth. Expand
  7. Apr 25, 2014
    I'm sorry Seth. You just aren't funny on this show. And it really tanks at our house when Fred comes on. We change the channel.
    Whether bad writing or nervousness, I don't know. Again really sorry and dissappointed. We will check again in a few months. But for now I need my DVR space for something I can watch without cringing. NOTHING PERSONAL my friend. I was really pulling for you.
  8. May 2, 2014
    I agree with bevstark that as soon as Late Night comes one, I find myself reaching for the remote to change the channel as it is very boring and not funny at all. Fred is the best part of the show.
  9. May 23, 2014
    He is just copying SNL skits he did. He sucks. I watched once, will not watch again. If you watch, I ask why? He can only get old SNL cast members to be on his show. Seth Myers YOU SUCK.
  10. Jun 24, 2014
    Wow this guy really sucks.I've watched 5 shows and didn't even chuckle once.They should really pull the plug on this guy.They should bring back Conan!
  11. Aug 5, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I had Seth Meyers set up to record on my TV service from the start of new show.I have cancelled that and will never view him again.His constant remarks about enjoying the death by fire of living animals is disgusting,He is not a winner on late night he is not funny nor entertaining.He cannot compare to Jimmy Fallon and I think he will lose his show. If you will notice he only gets second rate guests compared to Jimmy.He is smutty without being clever or funny.When I started looking at Fallon and Meyers late shows I preferred Myers,no more I will never view his show again. Expand
  12. Aug 7, 2014
    Simply put, Seth Meyers is not funny. He's amused by himself more than anyone else is. He's an awkward interviewer and his need to explain his "jokes" when they're clearly not funny just shows that when you have to explain a joke, it's not funny. He may have some SNL people in his corner, but that still doesn't make up for his lack of talent. He was only good on SNL when he was onSimply put, Seth Meyers is not funny. He's amused by himself more than anyone else is. He's an awkward interviewer and his need to explain his "jokes" when they're clearly not funny just shows that when you have to explain a joke, it's not funny. He may have some SNL people in his corner, but that still doesn't make up for his lack of talent. He was only good on SNL when he was on Weekend Update with Amy Poehler, but even she can't save him. I feel badly that Fred Armisen is being dragged down with Seth because he is genuinely funny and being on the show just undermines his talent.

I hope they get someone of talent to take over hosting duties because Seth Meyers is as stale and unfunny as they come.
  13. Aug 13, 2014
    Meyers dissatisfies an audience by lacking in creativity and originality. It seems that the studio audience is laughing due to the awkward nature that Meyers creates, further playing off every single joke and trying to suck it dry. When Meyers presents a monologue joke, he will further play off of that joke, creating an awkward experience and furthermore a non comical episode of of such.
  14. Aug 23, 2014
    Utterly terrible. He is not funny, and should discover his own jokes (he is very unoriginal). The way he talks makes everything uncomfortable, and sometimes his humor makes no sense at all. Whenever I try to watch one of his corny, cheesy late night shows, I always discover myself sleeping through the whole night.
  15. Aug 26, 2014
    I kind of like Seth, really, but that's not enough--as I am not impressed him as the host of Late Night on NBC. I've been watching The Tonight Show, Late Night and even Saturday Night Live too for many, many years including Johnny Carson, Jay Leno, Conan O'Brien and Jimmy Fallen, and David Letterman, to name a few...Seth comes across to me as scripted, not natural, even stiff. It's saidI kind of like Seth, really, but that's not enough--as I am not impressed him as the host of Late Night on NBC. I've been watching The Tonight Show, Late Night and even Saturday Night Live too for many, many years including Johnny Carson, Jay Leno, Conan O'Brien and Jimmy Fallen, and David Letterman, to name a few...Seth comes across to me as scripted, not natural, even stiff. It's said he's been a great writer for SNL and good for his news bits on SNL (and he comes across the same on LN, which is not good), but has not held my attention for a whole show yet; and when I can tolerate the show for more than a few minutes, it's specifically because a guest is on the show that I want to see and hear...after that I can't take it. I watched Johnny, Jay, Conan and Jimmy daily for years.....Seth is not in the same class. By the way, I wasn't much more impressed with Seth's Emmy performance either. Someone on here thought Conan should come back to NBC on Late Night. That would be fantastic! I don't think he'd do it though. Expand
  16. Oct 22, 2014
    The worst. Do not watch. If you record he tonight show, be careful, you might see a minute or so of this horrible show. I pity the fool who listens to this horrible comic. We are all hoping it gets cancelled very soon.

What's up with the weird guy from IFC anyway. The music support in this show is horrible, so I wonder why that weird guy takes credit for it. This whole thing is a big question mark. This is the network that knew enough to boot Conan. Come on guys it is time to do it again.
  17. Oct 24, 2014
    nothing person, but terrible delivery and not funny. fyi, repeating punch lines multiple times does not make it funny. sorry buddy, but the show is really bad, and I was a fan of you during SNL. constructive I hope, good luck.
  18. Jan 20, 2015
    I have tried to watch this guy, but I just cant. His delivery is so horrible and his jokes are dead. After tonight show, i turn it off because its not worth it, one positive thing about this show is Fred Armisen.
  19. Mar 24, 2015
    It's 2015, Seth's not new to Late Night anymore. He's not made for Late Night. The powers that be at NBC 200% made an error in choosing him. I'm so very tired of hearing his mundane stories about sports or his relationship with his wife. He has such a dry and grating humor that I just want to ignore him. He's lucky to book some interesting guests, it's the only thing keeping me (and IIt's 2015, Seth's not new to Late Night anymore. He's not made for Late Night. The powers that be at NBC 200% made an error in choosing him. I'm so very tired of hearing his mundane stories about sports or his relationship with his wife. He has such a dry and grating humor that I just want to ignore him. He's lucky to book some interesting guests, it's the only thing keeping me (and I suspect others) watching. I do suspect that his guests cringe a little at the idea of attending his show. Expand
  20. Mar 31, 2015
    Maybe it's just bad luck, but I haven't seen an episode from Seth Meyers that managed to hold my interest. He really needs to stop pointing out his mistakes. Whenever he mispronounces a word, he goes into a 5 minute rant about how/why it happened. Maybe that's the joke, but I think it's just cringeworthy. Even worse is the long pause he leaves after telling a bad joke... it justMaybe it's just bad luck, but I haven't seen an episode from Seth Meyers that managed to hold my interest. He really needs to stop pointing out his mistakes. Whenever he mispronounces a word, he goes into a 5 minute rant about how/why it happened. Maybe that's the joke, but I think it's just cringeworthy. Even worse is the long pause he leaves after telling a bad joke... it just painfully points out how bad the joke was. He even waits until someone from the crowd laughs (out of pity) or he just starts talking about how bad he is at some jokes.

Seth is great at reading from a script, but I just don't think he fits as a talk show host. I love you Seth, I really do. But I just can't get into your show.
  21. May 2, 2015
    I just feel the need to be honest and get something off my chest. I am sure Seth Meyers has talents, but hosting Late Night isn't one of them. All he does is duplicate the exact same thing he did on SNL - he isn't funny or talented in this sense and I feel that the only reason he got the job was because he's tight with Lorne Michaels. Jimmy Fallon is far more original and amusing toI just feel the need to be honest and get something off my chest. I am sure Seth Meyers has talents, but hosting Late Night isn't one of them. All he does is duplicate the exact same thing he did on SNL - he isn't funny or talented in this sense and I feel that the only reason he got the job was because he's tight with Lorne Michaels. Jimmy Fallon is far more original and amusing to watch. I just don't understand how someone like Seth got this job - you would think the network would have tried harder - I mean, do we really have such a lack of talent in this industry? I can't really believe that. I think they were realizing it was time he left SNL and he needed a job. His career did not take off as other SNL cast members have and it's because he really should just be a writer behind the scenes. He has a youthful face so I think that's why he was able to get the job. But let's face it, he's just not cut out for this line of work. Sorry, Seth. If you were really good, I would back you up, but I just have to be honest. Expand
  22. Jun 25, 2015
    Myers is, of course, unfunny. He has never been funny. He is only in that position or on SNL because he is jewish and part of that cabal that controls the entertainment industry for social manipulation purposes. The fact that pitiful Seth Meyers has been chosen for this role just goes to show how small their talent pool really is.

Of course if you are a mindless sheeple, you aren't

Of course if you are a mindless sheeple, you aren't going to know wth i'm talking about.
  23. Sep 4, 2015
    Tried to give SM a chance. So not funny. His pregnant pauses, to literally wait for the audience to applaud, are way too long and forced. Redundant, simplistic humor. No clever wit. However, Seth is super-helpful with my insomnia...puts me to sleep instantly.
  24. Sep 4, 2015
    I think i can sue Seth Meyers for injuries from watching his horrid show. His incessant cackle squeal of a laugh makes my ears bleed and i am sure a lawyer would take my case. He thinks everything is funny, even when it's clearly not funny, but the laugh. God, it's so bad. i change the channel and would rather watch an off-air channel than listen to Meyers laugh. Please NBC, he is notI think i can sue Seth Meyers for injuries from watching his horrid show. His incessant cackle squeal of a laugh makes my ears bleed and i am sure a lawyer would take my case. He thinks everything is funny, even when it's clearly not funny, but the laugh. God, it's so bad. i change the channel and would rather watch an off-air channel than listen to Meyers laugh. Please NBC, he is not funny in any way, shape or form.

Oh and did i mention his laugh cackle. He sounds like a girl, sorry ladies, but his voice is feminine enough, but when he laughs, it's unbearable. I can't wait for Colbert to start and i'll leave it on CBS, will miss fallon, but it's worth missing Fallon to not ever hear Seth Meyers again.

By the way, his laugh will make your ears bleed.. You've been warned. I have tinitus and it's actually less annoying than his laugh. Please make him go away.
  25. Sep 30, 2015
    Love Late Night with Seth Meyers. I think he is WAY better than Fallon. Fallon is so full on himself especially after the SNL 40th anniversary. Seth Meyers clearly loves what he does and is humble. I really enjoy his show.
  26. SCY
    Oct 1, 2015
    It's time this show got a reevaluation - in the past few months, Meyers has started to find his tone with biting political commentary, excellent rapport with his interviewees (and increased branching out from his comedy friends), and willingness to present absurd humor, like the Blacklist parody. I enjoy how he doesn't rely too heavily on star power and instead offers a lot of insight intoIt's time this show got a reevaluation - in the past few months, Meyers has started to find his tone with biting political commentary, excellent rapport with his interviewees (and increased branching out from his comedy friends), and willingness to present absurd humor, like the Blacklist parody. I enjoy how he doesn't rely too heavily on star power and instead offers a lot of insight into the team behind his show, from the writers to his family. It's a bit less flashy, but also more intimate and genuine than other similar programs.

I look forward to watching more of Meyers as we head into election season.
  27. Oct 23, 2015
    He's so bad he's now resorting to endless political hate jokes against the republicans, and Trump. It just doesn't cease. He probably thinks this is the only possible way that is left to ingratiate himself with the DEMs. Does he not see how desperate & foolish this makes him look. PLUS, doesn't he realize this spurs on Trump supporters (and others)? As Mr.Brain used to say IDIOT!
  28. Dec 17, 2015
    Please CANCEL this show before it's too late and your stuck with this host. There are plenty of funnier comedians than this guy. He comes across as smug and an ****
  29. Jan 14, 2016
    Seth Meyers better start playing the Powerball. I would watch the XFL over this rubbish. Deep Google should be renamed "Deep failure." William Hung should host this show over him. I would request payment to come on his show. If this show was a stock, it would be immediately shorted. Laughed more while having a violent case of dysentery than I did watching 3 minutes of this awkwardSeth Meyers better start playing the Powerball. I would watch the XFL over this rubbish. Deep Google should be renamed "Deep failure." William Hung should host this show over him. I would request payment to come on his show. If this show was a stock, it would be immediately shorted. Laughed more while having a violent case of dysentery than I did watching 3 minutes of this awkward rambling. Must be nice to do the same thing over and over and beg for the applause lights to come on. SLAAAARRRRRRFFFFFFF NATION. Expand
  30. Jan 22, 2016
    This is worst late night TV show by far‼️ So bad that joined this site filled out password Blah Blah
    It may not be this poor fellows fault and the blame placed on the writers? I would rather stick my hand in a ant hill than hear about Republican Party or Donald Trump for first 10 to 15 minutes of this show every frisking night⁉️ Or maybe I just happened to watch it three times and agonize. You have made me like Trump now‼️
    Nice job
  31. Feb 5, 2016
    Did Seth used to write for SNL, the skits are painful and embarrassing? That plastic-smug-fake-smile has worn me out: Please NBC, there has to be something better.
  32. Feb 15, 2016
    First off, I LOVE SETH MEYERS!!! The only problem that I have with the show is that it is a bit cliquish the way that so many SNL stars frequent the visitor spots; sometimes I think that I am watching SNL and have to check the channel listing. Just kidding, I would like to see Seth put anyone on the show but his 'friends', which are clearly his super close bossom 'buddies', so it looksFirst off, I LOVE SETH MEYERS!!! The only problem that I have with the show is that it is a bit cliquish the way that so many SNL stars frequent the visitor spots; sometimes I think that I am watching SNL and have to check the channel listing. Just kidding, I would like to see Seth put anyone on the show but his 'friends', which are clearly his super close bossom 'buddies', so it looks kind bad for him and as a member of the audience it is like he is saying to us - "I know that you aren't really paying attention and so I can bring the same people on over and over out of some misplaced loyalty because I cannot make new friends outside of SNL", "I am insecure and afraid to actually cut ties with, or break away from SNL and embrace my new opportunities, so please don't notice that this is getting VERY tired already", or he is saying "I am not capable of doing a show that is not SNL, with all of the old SNL characters coming through on a continual weekly/daily basis because we are all in a massive SNL cult together and I will get killed if I don't do it!". Essentially, if I wanted to see, or 'hear about' Kristen Wig, Jason S., and all of the other SNL people every week I would just watch SNL reruns! Please Seth, I am begging you - spread your wings before I quit watching all together as I did not marry your friends - I married you! Expand
  33. May 14, 2016
    Seth Meyers is one crusty **** He is not funny and his show should be cancelled... He mocks Donald Trump so he can get good ratings and more views....
  34. May 29, 2016
    Honestly, how this show got a meta score of 61 is beyond me. Maybe they owe Lorne Michael's a favour, that seems like the only explanation as to why critics gave Late Night with Seth Meyers favourable reviews. THIS SHOW SUCKS, or should i say SETH MEYERS SUCKS. The show itself could be funny if they removed Seth from the equation. Fred would be a much more entertaining host and hisHonestly, how this show got a meta score of 61 is beyond me. Maybe they owe Lorne Michael's a favour, that seems like the only explanation as to why critics gave Late Night with Seth Meyers favourable reviews. THIS SHOW SUCKS, or should i say SETH MEYERS SUCKS. The show itself could be funny if they removed Seth from the equation. Fred would be a much more entertaining host and his segments on the late show are a breath of fresh air in an otherwise stagnant atmosphere. To sum up, go jump of a bridge Seth, it would be the funniest thing you've done. THIS SHOW SUCKS, WATCH CORDEN,KIMMEL,CONAN, COLBERT OR PAINT DRY INSTEAD Expand
  35. Jul 7, 2016
    This dude is not funny at all. Who writes his material and do people really watch this guy. We must really be starving for material. This guy is more annoying then entertaining.
  36. Jul 8, 2016
    You can tell Seth is a decent guy and trying his best, but the writers on the show just isn't good enough. Segments are lame, interviews are bland, and the jokes are taken from the prehistoric era.
  37. Oct 5, 2016
    Seth, your line is getting worn thin. Your career as a political commentator is not taking off. I have no particular interest in politics but your nightly political rants are not what I'm looking for in a light weight late nite talk show.

You come across as angry, bitter and narrow and you seem to be your biggest fan. Face it, your not as witty and bright as you think you are. It's not that I agree or disagree with your long winded and predictable nightly opening tirade, it's just that I don't think that many people care to get a political science lecture from a second tier comedian/talk show host.

I wish you would go back to your pseudo intellectual jokes and semi pleasant if somewhat stiff interviews. Pompous loudmouth doesn't suit you.
  38. Dec 1, 2016
    I did like the show but now I hate it. Is he trying to make a living off Trump? It did not used to be a show about politics? It is now. I would rather watch a real political show.

1. Reviewed by: Kristi Turnquist
    Jun 24, 2014
    As always, you can't judge a late-night host by a first show. But Meyers' debut indicates that his blend of intelligence and goofy humor will be a welcome addition to the crowded late-night neighborhood.
  2. Reviewed by: Jeff Jensen
    Mar 5, 2014
    Meyers seems capable of creating chemistry and having quality chats with anyone, from riding the wild waves of Kanye West to spinning a funny anecdote with pal Brad Paisley about accidentally stealing a Porsche. A talk-show host good at talking? Fancy that.
  3. Reviewed by: David Sims
    Mar 3, 2014
    Fred Armisen is a surprising choice as bandleader, but he brings unequaled improv chops to the table, and his little banter with Seth every night has already proven one of the more reliably funny bits. Integrating him as much as possible is certainly a smart idea. Meyers, like Fallon, is also a more-than-capable interviewer.