Law & Order: UK : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
7.2

1. Oct 30, 2010
    I have been watching the reruns of series one for many months now and am looking forward to the next season. Being Canadian, I enjoy the Brit legal system and the way the solicitors are allowed much more leeway in their courts. I also see and enjoy the way inter-racial relationships are represented in this series as they are in my country. I much prefer this series to any of theI have been watching the reruns of series one for many months now and am looking forward to the next season. Being Canadian, I enjoy the Brit legal system and the way the solicitors are allowed much more leeway in their courts. I also see and enjoy the way inter-racial relationships are represented in this series as they are in my country. I much prefer this series to any of the counterparts on this side of the Atlantic. Expand
  2. Jan 1, 2011
    Finally a L and O I really enjoy, maybe it's just the accents but this series is so much more believable than the US versions - all of which I've given up watching. Almost didn't give this one a try but as it's the Brits and the excellent BBC America, I did and am bloody glad I tuned n.
  3. Dec 23, 2010
    I have watched Law and Order since the first episode in the fall of 1990.
    I have watched Law and Order since the first episode in the fall of 1990.
    I like this British cast and they bring the stories a new slant but I was hoping this show would have it's own original stories. I watch the show and I already know what the story is. The only difference is how the British legal system works. The producers seem to want to pay homage to the US productions so we see lots of walking and drinking of coffee in the streets of London. It also seems curious that most of the stories they have chosen to adapt have been about the cases that the DA (Crown Prosecutors) loses. I love the theme music, though. Very appropriate for a British program. I would like to see them take the idea and make it their own.
  4. Feb 14, 2011
    Excellent adaption. It keeps the best parts of the original and merges them with modern day England. Well worthy of the Law & Order brand. If only I had BBC America.
  5. Nov 26, 2014
    Good show adapted from the original USA Law & Order. It appears that BBC America no longer airs this show. Too bad as it was good while it was on TV.

1. UK remakes the script in its own, veddy British image and comes up with a vibrant, layered, insightful look at how the system breaks down no matter what the metropolis.
  2. For those Americans who have fallen through some wormhole and have never seen "Law & Order," the British version is as good a place to start as any--Walsh, Bamber and Agyeman in particular deliver fine performances. And those put off by the new "Law & Order: Los Angeles" or just jonesing for the good old days, will no doubt find a trip to London positively...brilliant.
    To viewers new to the franchise, L&O: UK might prove a fine introduction. For dedicated watchers of the original, it might function as a kind of recap of the "best of" episodes from the series' entire life. But for the truly addicted, it will always be a paler, politer, well-bred echo of the Real Thing, better left on the side of the Atlantic where it originated.