6.3

1. Oct 30, 2010
    I have been watching the reruns of series one for many months now and am looking forward to the next season. Being Canadian, I enjoy the Brit legal system and the way the solicitors are allowed much more leeway in their courts. I also see and enjoy the way inter-racial relationships are represented in this series as they are in my country. I much prefer this series to any of the counterparts on this side of the Atlantic. Expand
  2. Feb 14, 2011
    Excellent adaption. It keeps the best parts of the original and merges them with modern day England. Well worthy of the Law & Order brand. If only I had BBC America.

1. UK remakes the script in its own, veddy British image and comes up with a vibrant, layered, insightful look at how the system breaks down no matter what the metropolis.
  2. For those Americans who have fallen through some wormhole and have never seen "Law & Order," the British version is as good a place to start as any--Walsh, Bamber and Agyeman in particular deliver fine performances. And those put off by the new "Law & Order: Los Angeles" or just jonesing for the good old days, will no doubt find a trip to London positively...brilliant.
    To viewers new to the franchise, L&O: UK might prove a fine introduction. For dedicated watchers of the original, it might function as a kind of recap of the "best of" episodes from the series' entire life. But for the truly addicted, it will always be a paler, politer, well-bred echo of the Real Thing, better left on the side of the Atlantic where it originated.