• Network: FX , FXX
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 17, 2013
  • Season #: 1 , 2
8.3

1. Mar 15, 2013
    I had heard about Jim Jeffries from other comics but I have never seen his stand up. He was on a podcast and they talked about his show, Legit of course, and I was willing to give it a try.

I think it is brilliant. I sure hope he is getting the ratings necessary for the network to sign him for another season or three.
  2. Feb 10, 2013
    After a 'shock' comedy beginning the show hits it's rhythm by episode 3 and you realise that it is an edgy comedy with a heart of gold. Any bad review is quite obviously premature and should not be heeded. Jim Jeffries is a rough comedian in reality but is softened by his interaction with his co-stars who are an excellent ensemble that will have you warming to them in no time. I thought it might have been a bit distasteful making fun of various disabilities early on but the more you watch the more it takes into account that this comedy can be caring albeit in a Jim Jeffries 'no boundaries' kind of way. If you like Archer, Testees etc, then 'Legit' is for you! Expand
  3. Feb 2, 2013
    A gross comedy, with a conscience. The show is primarily about Jim Jeffery's helping his 32 year old friends brother with muscular dystrophy. This is definitely the funniest show FX ha done since Wilfred.
  4. Jan 22, 2013
    You wouldn't think a 34 year old woman would like this show but I did. I watched it with my father none the less and we laughed our arses off. And while I wouldn't necessarily recommend watching with the parents (or the kids for that matter) do yourself a favor and watch this show with your friends. You'll hate yourselves for laughing the whole way though.
  5. Jan 22, 2013
    LOVE LOVE LOVE this pilot. a empathetic yet edgy look at how Jim sees the world. I WANT MORE. Also it was nice to see DJ Qualls in such a unique role that really pushes the boundaries. Cheers. Dan Bakkedahl...wherever he came from I never want him to leave. His quite desperation is hilarious. Love it.
  6. Jan 22, 2013
    I LOVE THIS SHOW! and I LOVE DJ QUALLS!!! I feel like the first episode Jim was getting his feet wet, but I have seen his stand up (Sweat to God being my favorite) and he is THE BEST STAND UP I HAVE EVER SEEN! IF the show follows the stories in his standup, which I read that it would, than this show is going to be the best ever. In the Pilot DJ was amazing! I think that guy is a great actor, and with him, and Jim's natural ability to be just completely wrong and hilarious, this show is going to be awesome. Not many comedians are story tellers but I think that's what i would classify Jim's stand up as. SO we are in for a funny ride! Expand
  7. Jan 22, 2013
    This show is so gret! So touching and funny. I have a brother who is in an independent living facility and this whole show touches my heart. So good. I love how the show isn't forced and gives you room to fall in love with the characters. I look forward to the next episode!
  8. Jan 22, 2013
    Very funny,very hip. and very human. Will watch the series to see what kind of situations these three get into and out of. Have recommended it to all my friends.
  9. Jan 22, 2013
    Great Pilot Episode! Can't wait to see more from Jim Jefferies. There is nothing like this on TV right now and it's refreshing and risky. FX continues to produce cutting edge comedy that pushes the boundaries of modern day television. Thank you.
  10. Jan 22, 2013
    This show is great fresh,funny, lovable with a titillating edge that makes you want more, I cant wait till next week to see what adventure they will come up with
  11. Jan 22, 2013
    Awesome Pilot. I'm looking forward to seeing more of the show as it progresses. It has a nice mix of comedy and drama with a group of really good actors to play off each other
  12. Jan 22, 2013
    I had to check out Jim Jefferies
  13. mkd
    Jan 22, 2013
    Thought it was funny. Will watch it again. Want to see where it goes next. Glad for the comedy FX is producing. Hope it continues. Will be checking in on Thursday to see more.
  14. Jan 22, 2013
    This show is hilarious! I didn't want it to end. Looking forward to more episodes. Finally something good to watch on Thursday nights. Great cast of characters and you can tell this show is going to deliver. I also liked how they used some great music in it. I was dying laughing when Jim said to the hookers "I'm sorry, its just the type of people that you are"
  15. Jan 22, 2013
    Great show! I had been looking forward to seeing this pilot, although it wasn't advertised very much, I just happen to be a Jim Jefferies fan so I was very excited to see his new tv show! It didn't disappoint! Hilarious with a heartwarming sensitive to it. Love the combo of Dan Bakkedahl and Jim and Dj qualls - great chemistry. Looking forward to episode 2 on thursday!
  16. Jan 22, 2013
    Edgy, smart, funny and damn charming. You feel a sense of camaraderie with the characters and want to cheer them on. You want them to succeed in everything they may try to accomplish. The cast is superb, each one with an innate sense of what is funny and sidestepping the mistake of overplaying the dialogue. It is the situations that create the humor, and the cast just become these quirky, twisted, wonderful characters trying to get through life as unscathed as possible. Bravo creators, cast and crew! Bravo LEGIT!! Bravo FX!!! Expand
  17. Jan 22, 2013
    This is a well-written, edgy show. Cast is great; Jeffries' character is socially offensive - or is he? Mindy Sterling nails the mother character and the story, actually, is heartwarming as well as refreshing, and disturbing. I'm in.
  18. Jan 22, 2013
    I have to admit, I had never heard of Jim Jeffries but I think this show is going to be great. Didn't see a lot of press for it, but came across it last week and thought it was really funny. Definitely pushes the envelope and could still do well without some of the repetitive crudeness, but I think this show has heart. Seemed like a typical pilot where the first episode has to find its pace but the concept and characters are great. he cast seems great too, so I'm definitely going to set my DVR for this one to see where it goes. Expand
  19. Jan 22, 2013
    So yeah, This show is honestly phenomenal. The writing is fantastic and the jokes are right on target. This will be one of those shows people need to watch
  20. Jan 22, 2013
    What an edgy politically incorrect show on every level. But it's honest with heart and raw emotions. Love Jim. Great supporting cast with Dan, DJ, and Mindy. They bring it all to a level of heart, soul, love and hilarity!!!! Give this show time to grow. Can't wait to see what else Jim's life is all about.
  21. Jan 24, 2013
    This show is so politically incorrect b/c its so true. The characters speak loud and clear that we are flawed, non perfect creatures that have heart and valid emotions that motivate our existence; This represents all of us. I laughed, was a little embarrassed at times and I was left with a poignant tear at the end. Great job. Great show. Look forward to seeing more.
  22. Jan 24, 2013
    I was introduced to this show via DJ Qualls twitter account. And I am thankful that I decided to follow him. This show is hilarious. I have watched the first episode a total of 5 times now. As I write this I am watching the 2nd episode. The whole cast is funny, but DJ steals the show with Billy. Can't wait to see more episodes, and where they take this.
  23. Jan 24, 2013
    2 episodes in and Hooked on #LegitonFox. Jim Jefferies has assembled talented, funny and yes a bit wacky group that brings our Thursday Nights to Life. Love Sonya Eddy DJ Qualls Dan Bakkedahl John Ratzenberger ROCK!
  24. Jan 24, 2013
    If you have a somewhat off-beat, morbid sense of humor, this show is for you! The writing is great, while the scenarios are serious, this show doesn't take itself too seriously and the cast is stellar. Jim Jefferies delivers a performance that makes you really like Jim, who is pretty much self involved but clearly has a heart. I'd suggest you check this show out- I didn't want the episode to end! Would love to see Sonya Eddy in more episodes! Expand
  25. Jan 30, 2013
    Love him! love the show!!! It's hysterical...just wish they could put more unedited, raunchy, and filth but its FX, not hbo. absolutly love him thoughhhhhhh!! :)
  26. Mar 2, 2013
    I think this is the funniest show on tv right now. The writers kill me. Our family uses "He left the room" all the time! Stomach wrenching laughs every minute. The characters are fresh and never boring! Love this show. Hope it stays on for many seasons!
  27. Jun 22, 2013
    Awesome series, Jim Jeffries is a great comic and the cast is superb. Do not miss but do come with an open mind and don't get on a non-pc rant about disability!!
  28. May 1, 2014
    This show is funny as hell. It's like "Hello, Ladies" but done properly. So, basically, it's about this divorcee, a guy with muscular dystrophy, and Jim the comedian. It is a comedy, but it does have touching, heartfelt moments to it. Even though the trio seem to be lacking in any sort of decency or self-discipline, they are at their core good people. The stories will please TV watchers very much, I imagine, but not if you are easily offended. There is a lot of offensive material! I was not offended at all, but I can see people getting offended. Keep that in mind and enjoy. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Rob Owen
    Jan 17, 2013
    Legit comes off as appalling at first but after a few episodes, you get used to how awful Jefferies is and the show even allows for a few skewed, sweet moments.
  2. Reviewed by: Gail Pennington
    Jan 17, 2013
    Odd, crude and strangely charming, Legit won't be for everyone. But fans of FX's other comedies should definitely give it a try.
  3. Reviewed by: Robert Lloyd
    Jan 17, 2013
    Jefferies' comedy is by turn smart, obvious, thoughtful and irritating, and quite as much may be said of his series--though his stage demeanor (loud, brash and in control) is softened considerably here by dint of his being a character living among other characters.