Leverage : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
8.8

1. PeterD
    Sep 5, 2009
    There's is nothing on television that is more fun to watch then "Leverage".
  2. LauraC.
    Oct 13, 2009
    Great entertainment for the whole family: exciting, intriguing, funny. I love a good Robin Hood yarn and this one consistently delivers the gold.
  3. JennetP
    Jan 16, 2009
    The UK has "Hustle," where grifters run cons as much for the beauty of the score as to right wrongs the law can't touch. The USA has "Leverage," which ramps up the ethical imperative and downplays con artistry for con artistry's sake. Still, despite overly sentimental (and sententious) endings, the show has become a new favorite for its clever writing, fine acting, and hilarious The UK has "Hustle," where grifters run cons as much for the beauty of the score as to right wrongs the law can't touch. The USA has "Leverage," which ramps up the ethical imperative and downplays con artistry for con artistry's sake. Still, despite overly sentimental (and sententious) endings, the show has become a new favorite for its clever writing, fine acting, and hilarious play with thriller conventions. Says the computer geek to the grifter chick, who refuses to leave when a thug called the Butcher of Kiev shows up: "You been to Kiev? The cake-maker of Kiev gonna whup our asses, and this is the BUTCHER of Kiev." Silly, yes, but smart, too. I fervently hope the Nielsen families are tuning in, as I'm tired of watching good new shows disappear. Expand
  4. Jul 1, 2012
    this tv show is a sensation of sorts it sucks you in to the plot right from the start and is a show worth following and after watching an episode you don't feel like you were wasting time
  5. OliviaN.B.
    Jul 4, 2009
    I utterly loathe this show. Everything about it but mostly the writing and the atrocious acting attributed to the bad writing. It tries to be funny, cute, and classically "cool" what with the needless explosions and with the 'little guy' prevailing it blatantly intended to give the audience a "Hell yeah!" kind of feeling. I find it wholly transparent and I won't be dragged I utterly loathe this show. Everything about it but mostly the writing and the atrocious acting attributed to the bad writing. It tries to be funny, cute, and classically "cool" what with the needless explosions and with the 'little guy' prevailing it blatantly intended to give the audience a "Hell yeah!" kind of feeling. I find it wholly transparent and I won't be dragged into it's inspirational, 'Viva La Revolution' intention. Expand
  6. JoyF
    Jan 3, 2009
    This is a modern Mision Impossible / Robbin Hood. I like the marriage.
  7. Maggie
    Aug 20, 2009
    This show isn't going to change your life, but it is fun and engaging entertainment, and isn't that the point of TV? I like the cast, I like the characters, I like the chemistry of the crew, I like the more-clever-than-the-usual plots, and I just plain enjoy watching it. Thanks, TNT!
  8. TM
    Dec 20, 2008
    Great fun for fans of the "Mission Impossible" format. Timothy Hutton is every bit as cool as Peter Graves and his cast of supporting actors are just as well-suited to this genre of series, It's definitelt going to be on 'Season Pass' on my Tivo for as long as the series runs - BRAVO!
  9. JP
    Dec 31, 2008
    Along with The Mentalist, I find myself looking forward to seeing this show. I look forward to the banter and ad-libs. The Hardison character, for me, is what makes this show worth watching as he brings the comic relief and keeps the tone light. It isnt perfect, but it is entertaining, well-written and smart enough to keep you guessing to the very end of each episode. This show makes me Along with The Mentalist, I find myself looking forward to seeing this show. I look forward to the banter and ad-libs. The Hardison character, for me, is what makes this show worth watching as he brings the comic relief and keeps the tone light. It isnt perfect, but it is entertaining, well-written and smart enough to keep you guessing to the very end of each episode. This show makes me want to get the first season DVD now. Expand
  10. Bethw
    Jan 30, 2009
    This show is fast paced and clever, not to mention ABSOLUTELY hilarious. It's like watching a carefully crafted magic act.
  11. JoeT
    Aug 2, 2009
    The show is fun, funny and even serious sometimes, but totally enjoyable. Trying to figure out the con is like a mystery novel. Kind of like Mission Impossible meets the A-Team. Totally fun show!
  12. ChuckP
    Jan 13, 2010
    Excellent plot, My only gripe is that it does not play during the time i am available
  13. JimL.
    Jan 8, 2010
    Really like this show. Bunch of odd balls be that's what makes the show.
  14. KevinB
    Jan 17, 2009
    One of the best shows on tv. Excellent cast and great chemistry. Aldis Hodge is a breakout star.
  15. Jan
    Jan 30, 2009
    I liked the first episode, but wasn't certain the show would find legs...but as each episode is aired, I see the cast really beginning to gel, and the scripts getting better as well. I've always been a fan of Timothy's, and he doesn't disappoint. However I've also become quite sentamental with the rest of the team. Their individual quirks & strengths (and I liked the first episode, but wasn't certain the show would find legs...but as each episode is aired, I see the cast really beginning to gel, and the scripts getting better as well. I've always been a fan of Timothy's, and he doesn't disappoint. However I've also become quite sentamental with the rest of the team. Their individual quirks & strengths (and weaknesses) truly make this show entertaining - I look forward to decompressing after work and watching this wonderful show. Expand
  16. WendyW
    Jan 4, 2009
    This show is so much better than a normal cop show, or bad guys gone good - it's funny, and smart. I love watching this make-shift family and their reactions to each other - the action/puzzle solving is just a side dish!!
  17. ElizabethK
    Jan 5, 2009
    It has a little Ocean's Eleven quality to it. and good for it! There needs to be somethings on tv that aren't reality TV, gory drama and commercials. We'll continue watching Leverage for as long as it is on.
  18. MarkD.
    Feb 11, 2009
    I have no idea what these critics see. I swear, the best movies and TV shows get the worst ratings. Sometimes we just want entertainment, not a revolutionary show or movie. I think game reviewers get this more-so than the movie and TV critics who seem removed from the everyday. Then again, they don't have the perspective of mine, apparently, since they are "critics." Anyway, I I have no idea what these critics see. I swear, the best movies and TV shows get the worst ratings. Sometimes we just want entertainment, not a revolutionary show or movie. I think game reviewers get this more-so than the movie and TV critics who seem removed from the everyday. Then again, they don't have the perspective of mine, apparently, since they are "critics." Anyway, I digress. Another user comment that they enjoyed the show, but that they did not feel the show could keep momentum. This was exactly how I felt during the first episode. They actually advertised the show for months before it first aired, and I was predicting its failure based on this. However, after watching the first episode because of this prediction, I was pleasantly surprised. Every episode makes me like the show more and more, and I always comment that I did not think the show would make it this far. Each character is essential and true to the show, have their own purpose, but comedy is something they all excel at. In fact, it deserves to be on TBS more than TNT due to the comedy, but it seems that TNT is moving in the comedic direction than dramatic (which is not a bad thing, for me, at least). The only downside to the show is that it almost always starts slow, then ends abruptly. As in, all the action, important information and insight into the situation (as in, when they show the stuff that the characters did to "win" while we were busy watching other scenes) happens in the last few minutes. It's like going up a hill that turns into a cliff. Now, don't get the wrong idea; this is not necessarily a bad thing. It also doesn't necessarily make it more dramatic or suspenseful, it just seems to be the type of show that the creators have put together and they execute it perfectly. I hope they don't delete my comment or edit anything out after I spent all this time typing it. Hopefully they will edit this out though. Or maybe not. Maybe I can get some help from the crew off Leverage; hack my comment into the site, get some money from Metacritic for my loss or avenge such a wrongdoing in some manner. Expand
  19. AngelaS
    Mar 3, 2009
    I LOVE this show from the beginnigng and yhe best part are the writers combination with the actors chemistry. Really hopfully can see them next season soon.
  20. KimberlyS
    May 17, 2009
    The characters are unique and likeable. The initial special effects were hit and miss, but it's gotten better as the series progressed. I really like this show.
  21. RobertB.
    Jul 8, 2009
    Quirky, intelligent, twisted (a bit) leaves you guessing without too much strain. Fun show.
  22. KyleW.
    Dec 20, 2008
    This show is awesome. A show about rich thieves that help people with less than legal, yet utterly hilarious and original ways is a winner on my list. Hopefully it won't be canceled like other original shows.
  23. TaliG
    Dec 29, 2008
    Love this show. The dialogue is glib and clever, the acting is smart tongue-in-cheek, and Timothy Hutton is as good as always. The show clearly pays tribute to such shows as "Mission Impossible" in a hip kind of way. It doesn't hurt that the cast is easy on the eyes, either.
  24. JulieB
    Feb 25, 2009
    Leverage is a show that is smart and funny. In a day and age where the reality show is King, it's nice to be offered dramas that have a bit of wit and class about them.. This one is a bit of Oceans 11 on a diet- and its a diet I can live with on a weekly basis.
  25. DaveC
    Jul 19, 2009
    How could you NOT love a show that is like a mini-episode of Ocean's 11 or 13 each week. This is one of my new favorite shows!
  26. KayL
    Dec 13, 2008
    Both my hubby and I were wildly enthusiastic about this new show. Seriously folks, this show is not for the nit-pickers who want solid but hard to understand logic, over the top, 17 hours of character building, or "tricks" that can in real life be done. This is about entertainment folks! Listen carefully for some of the 'one-liners' tossed out. They're a hoot and will have Both my hubby and I were wildly enthusiastic about this new show. Seriously folks, this show is not for the nit-pickers who want solid but hard to understand logic, over the top, 17 hours of character building, or "tricks" that can in real life be done. This is about entertainment folks! Listen carefully for some of the 'one-liners' tossed out. They're a hoot and will have and just plain ol' rib tickling funnjy. I don't want to be forced to think hard while watching TV.....I want to be entertained, and that's exactly what "Leverage" gives you. Can't remember the last time I fell in love with all the characters in a new show so thoroughly and quickly. But, maybe you don't want to go by me....the last show I felt that way about was "Heist" and it aired for about 1 1/2 episodes. Oh, oh..... now I'm worried about the future of this series. Expand
  27. PresumptuousInsect
    Dec 14, 2008
    Great fun, great cast, can't wait to see more!
    Dec 18, 2008
    The show is engaging with a quirky cast. The serious tones are often offset by random inserts of humor that actually make you laugh out loud. It keeps a good pace and so far hasn't been too predictable. You want to know more about the characters and you want them to win. I'm not sure how long the whole "robin hood" theme is going to last, but I'm curious to see how the show The show is engaging with a quirky cast. The serious tones are often offset by random inserts of humor that actually make you laugh out loud. It keeps a good pace and so far hasn't been too predictable. You want to know more about the characters and you want them to win. I'm not sure how long the whole "robin hood" theme is going to last, but I'm curious to see how the show evolves, after all these people were very good at being bad. Expand
  29. DevanL
    Dec 19, 2008
    A very enjoyable show that is so fast paced and engaging it causes you to look up at the time and think, wow, they did all that in only an hour? The witty dialogue and the diverse personalities of the characters keep it flowing in parts that might otherwise have become sluggish....if you liked the Ocean's Eleven/Twelve/Thirteen movies, you'll like leverage.
  30. AnnaH
    Dec 29, 2008
    When did the world become convinced that "angst-inducing" was synonymous with "good"? "Leverage" is refreshing in every way: as fun as it is intelligent, reliably entertaining, and at the end of an episode I feel uplifted rather than drained. How wonderful! Hutton and Co. have created a cast of characters I believe and, yes, care about, and I can't wait to hang out with them all When did the world become convinced that "angst-inducing" was synonymous with "good"? "Leverage" is refreshing in every way: as fun as it is intelligent, reliably entertaining, and at the end of an episode I feel uplifted rather than drained. How wonderful! Hutton and Co. have created a cast of characters I believe and, yes, care about, and I can't wait to hang out with them all again next Tuesday. Collapse
  31. Aug 27, 2010
    A good series with one of the best pilot episodes I have ever seen. The pilot itself could have made for a stand alone special as is, and I would have loved it. The rest of the series was creative and could keep my attention, but was not as good as say, Burn Notice.
  32. Aug 18, 2011
    This is a very smart show. Some episodes have been weak but they seem to have pulled it out of weak and into interesting amusing and over all fun to watch. When most shows and networks have gone to crap (SyFy) this is definitely a show worth watching.
  33. Jan 22, 2012
    One of the best shows on TV lately. A masterly-created plot, suspense through the whole episode, perfect acting and many more add to the overall likeness of the show.
  34. Jun 16, 2012
    If you want to be entertained by this show, realize up front what you are getting. It lacks realism on all levels, but if you can get past that, it is enjoyable and watchable. The characters are well done and the sort of Ocean's Eleven (the new ones) endings are memorable.
  35. Dec 4, 2014
    Still my #1 show on TV, witty and feel good show. Good cast and chemistry. Even when you know the good guys are gonna win, they still put a good twist to put an extra smile or two on your face. Highly recommend.

1. Don't think Leverage is preachy--it's shrewdly conceived, and it moves along like a son of a gun.
    Leverage isn’t quite as effortlessly intoxicating--it must make do with the dependable but suave-challenged Timothy Hutton--but when it works, the TNT series has a rascally tingle.
  3. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Aside from an easygoing quality and mild comic flair, there's not much here to steal the hearts of viewers; instead, it's another modest, lightweight addition to TNT's diner-style menu of comfort food for a weary nation.