• Network: FOX
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 21, 2009
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3
8.6

1. Nov 26, 2010
    Probably ONE of the best procedurals on t.v. Its not just another predictable cop show like csi or ncis, Lie to me has a unique premise, outstanding acting, and a small cast of realistic, likable characters. Now in its third season it continues to bring something new to the table every week.
  2. Jul 28, 2012
    I found the show boring , the plot was not at all interesting and I did not like some of the actors.... Also the plot repeats it self after a few episodes...
  3. Oct 8, 2010
    this is awesome. tim roth is awesome. the episodes are good to watch and even watch again. i like the characters mostly and the abilities to see and solve thigns the way they do.
  4. Sep 2, 2010
    Great show. Interesting premise lends itself to interesting angles. Tim Roth, excellent actor, best part of the show. Good pairing with Kelli Williams, she plays her role very well. Hoping they don't cancel this one.
  5. Nov 3, 2010
    The first season of this show was by far the best, and that season deserved a 10, unfortunately it feels like it's only gone downhill since then. Luckily, the show started at such a high point that it's fallen into a still very good show. I think one of the disappointments for me about the later seasons and episodes is the fact that they've turned away from running two cases per episode, now it's just one for each episode. This causes them to stretch the limits of the characters and plot and sometimes it's a real let down. However, as I said before, it's still a great show and the science behind it is real and absolutely fascinating. As other reviewers have said, I feel like I've learned a lot from the show and I find myself evaluating people's non-verbal cues and body language all the time now! Expand
  6. Dec 19, 2010
    Lie to me had a spectacular kick-off with an even more spectacular Tim Roth. But in the course of the first season the stories became weaker - as if writers don't know how they could stop writing the same story of deceit detection again and again without becoming an ordinary crime drama that makes Cal Lightman an ordinary investigator.
  7. May 1, 2011
    a good show, well filmed, good char stories and backgrounds. only downpoint is it becomes limited and somewhat obvious as to whats going to happen. a good idea, well pulled off but needs something else to make it great.
  8. Jul 2, 2011
    One of the most interesting shows on TV. FOX made a mistake canceling this one.
    One of the most interesting shows on TV. FOX made a mistake canceling this one.
  9. Jul 10, 2011
    Lie to Me is probably the only TV series (besides Lost) to ever have me waiting for more episodes every time I finish one. Great series. Cal Lightman is a very likeable character. The way he moves, talks, and acts will have you interested in him easily. The show is not only funny, but it is also intense with drama and action.
  10. Apr 10, 2012
    A Smart show that is ultimately doomed just like Firefly. One could lament the state of our society when we would pick something like The Bachlor over Dramas. It show is a twist on detective drama with just enough to make it interesting as opposed to repetitious. The cast is great and the character they portrays have a great dynamic. I find it far better than House M.D., which is the show a lot of people seem to compare this with. This comparison is odd since House is really all about House (at least to a layman such as I), while this show puts much more emphasis on each episode's mystery. Collapse
  11. May 28, 2013
    Nearly done with season 1 and I have to say that it has held up well so far. The cast works well together, The stories are interesting. My only real complaint is lack of back story for the characters. Aside from that, It's an enjoyable show and I will be giving the second season a shot.
  12. Jun 4, 2012
    I'd prefer to watch this "Recycled" materal instead of NCIS or CSI any day. Lie to Me is by far THE best drama series i've ever watched in my life.
  13. Jun 21, 2013
    Lie to me is a fascinating show.

Its not fascinating for its plot or character development because honestly it is nothing special. In fact, it can be said to be down right predictable in most times.

What is fascinating about the show is the brush of reality that highlights the show. The focus on non verbal language offers an opportunity to use the videos as a controlled environment
    to practice on non verbal language reading.

I am not sure how stark in resemblance to reality it is. After all i have only read a few books on this topic. But I hope to apply these techniques in the future after replaying scenes 5xs and try to get a grasp on their expressions.
  14. Jul 14, 2014
    The show gets a slightly boring towards the end as the same story is re done with a different plot.
    The only thing that is keeping the show alive is the science behind it. The case of using human lie detectors as polygraphs are quite easy to fool is quite outstanding. Its just brilliant, You learn so much new and its fascinating.

When Dr. Lightman figures out a person is lying and then
    he shows his reasoning behind it your mind is is blown away. Its quite astonishing and keeps the show alive.

The best thing is that this show is different. All we see now is lots of Crime TV shows.
    Amazing show and love it. -Must Watch-

1. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Lie to Me is derivative yet well crafted, predictable yet ever-so-slightly novel.
    OK, fine, so maybe the pilot does wrap up with your typical teary-eyed confession. Otherwise, though, Lie to Me is as thoroughly entertaining and charming as its fine-looking cast of characters.
  3. Reviewed by: James Poniewozik
    Lie to Me's pilot is brisk anthropological fun.