Life on Mars (UK) : Season 2

Season #: 1, 2
8.6

1. Feb 8, 2014
    John Simm. This show has John Simm. The best part of this is John Simm. Did I mention this has John Simm? John Simm's performance in this series is great.
    Dat ending tho.
  2. AlexV.
    Mar 4, 2008
    Excellent soundtrack!!!
  3. SebC.
    Sep 5, 2009
    Outstanding, outstanding series. Well written, excellent characters, fantastic music and depiction of the 70s. It was a bit difficult to get into at first, but then loved every single episode. Highly recommendable.
  4. AndrewR.
    Jan 1, 2008
    Although the "gritty" police procedure goes a bit over the top sometimes, the 70's dress and music is spot on. The story is almost incidental in this well acted trip down memory lane.
  5. GloriaH.
    Jan 10, 2008
    Excellent show. Hate to see it end.
  6. MrEddHorse
    Jan 5, 2008
    B****Y Good. Intriguing throughout the show I I wanted to know how it ends and it ends very Satisfyingly..
  7. MarkD
    Mar 24, 2008
    Ball achingly funny, edge of your seat suspense, subtle, original and full of surprises. Need is go on? Simply one of the best things the BBC has done in many years.
  8. JOHnO
    Jul 13, 2008
    I'd give it an eleven. There is one weird issue i have with season two which has to do with the fact that in the opener ***SPOILERS***Sam actually changes history by putting the casino guy in the looney bin. This "power" is not followed through the rest of the season.***END SPOILERS***
  9. MarkB.
    Dec 14, 2007
    fantastic series and the final episode has a twist which you wouldn't expect. Well written and well acted.
  10. PaulK.
    Dec 16, 2007
    Superb series. British comedy drama at its best.
  11. SobS.
    Dec 11, 2007
    It's alright.
  12. Mancal
    Dec 15, 2007
    Absolutely brilliant TV show killed off a season too early. Great acting from the whole cast and Gene Hunt is one of the most gloriously over the top, politically incorrect characters ever created. A total gem of a show, catch it America, you won't regret it
  13. BartC.
    Dec 18, 2007
    This show was at times surprisingly dark, and always left you wanting more. It's nice to have seen a show that didn't insist on being around forever. I dread the day that the American version hits the air. ...and I hope the spin-off(ashes to ashes) is just as good as this.
  14. ChrisA
    Dec 19, 2007
    While the some episodes aren't as uniformly good as the first season, the finale more than makes up for it, tying up the story in a tidy, pitch-perfect conclusion.
  15. Mar 21, 2015
    Sam Tyler: "I'm bloody sick of 1973".

Annie: "Don't worry it will be 1974 soon". Well this is the closing of Life on Mars as a series and to me it ended on a good and a happy note that I'm totally fine with. Don't worry I won't spoil anything in this review, but without spoiling anything we must talk about Season 2 and it's season finale. John Simm once again brings another
    Sam Tyler: "I'm bloody sick of 1973".

Annie: "Don't worry it will be 1974 soon".

John Simm once again brings another excellent performance as Sam Tyler. He brought so much weight and likability to his character that at one point I totally forgot that John Simm was in the episodes, I only saw Sam Tyler and nothing else. Great work John Simm.

Philip Glenister as Gene Hunt is probably my favorite character of all time. Gene always have a sick but funny sense of humor and good comebacks to those who insult him. I got to give Philip Glenister a big well done for playing this character. Always making me laugh, always making me think about his actions and always...keeping my watching.

The directing and the writing has well was really good with each episodes. All of it was well done and I can clearly see the time and effort put into each different episodes.

For problems I only have one little problem: Season 2 isn't has good as the first season and that's it, yeah not such a big problem but I don't think it's on the same level as the first season but season 2 is still a solid season.

Simm is also compelling (as he was in a couple of standout “Doctor Who” episodes earlier this year), though his performance is sometimes pitched to a level of intensity that the occasionally formulaic storytelling doesn’t quite match.
  2. Cop show, fantasy, mystery, comedy, romance, puzzle -- there are a lot of ways to approach "Life on Mars," which begins its second and final season tonight on BBC America, and they all pay off.
  3. It's helpful to remember that Life on Mars is less about said realism and more about Sam's twisted journey. Enjoying that retro-cool ride is the essence of the series.