Season #: 1, 2
8.6

1. Mar 21, 2015
    Sam Tyler: "I'm bloody sick of 1973".

Annie: "Don't worry it will be 1974 soon". Well this is the closing of Life on Mars as a series and to me it ended on a good and a happy note that I'm totally fine with. Don't worry I won't spoil anything in this review, but without spoiling anything we must talk about Season 2 and it's season finale. John Simm once again brings another
    Sam Tyler: "I'm bloody sick of 1973".

Annie: "Don't worry it will be 1974 soon".

John Simm once again brings another excellent performance as Sam Tyler. He brought so much weight and likability to his character that at one point I totally forgot that John Simm was in the episodes, I only saw Sam Tyler and nothing else. Great work John Simm.

Philip Glenister as Gene Hunt is probably my favorite character of all time. Gene always have a sick but funny sense of humor and good comebacks to those who insult him. I got to give Philip Glenister a big well done for playing this character. Always making me laugh, always making me think about his actions and always...keeping my watching.

The directing and the writing has well was really good with each episodes. All of it was well done and I can clearly see the time and effort put into each different episodes.

For problems I only have one little problem: Season 2 isn't has good as the first season and that's it, yeah not such a big problem but I don't think it's on the same level as the first season but season 2 is still a solid season.
  2. Feb 8, 2014
    John Simm. This show has John Simm. The best part of this is John Simm. Did I mention this has John Simm? John Simm's performance in this series is great.
    Dat ending tho.

Simm is also compelling (as he was in a couple of standout “Doctor Who” episodes earlier this year), though his performance is sometimes pitched to a level of intensity that the occasionally formulaic storytelling doesn’t quite match.
  2. Cop show, fantasy, mystery, comedy, romance, puzzle -- there are a lot of ways to approach "Life on Mars," which begins its second and final season tonight on BBC America, and they all pay off.
  3. It's helpful to remember that Life on Mars is less about said realism and more about Sam's twisted journey. Enjoying that retro-cool ride is the essence of the series.