7.1

1. Jul 21, 2014
    Very funny and although probably rehashing some ideas from their previous works still good writing and definately one of my top 10 comedy moments when Warwick is in the office with the guys and Liam Neeson. The Special episode that came two years later was sadly very boring and only slightly funny.
  2. Jul 12, 2013
    In many respects, this show is lacking. The episode plots are not perfectly constructed, the writing isn't always on point and the characters are not complex. However, despite these shortcomings (pardon the pun) Life's Too Short ultimately delivers powerful laughs that make it timeless. Seldom do I find a show that is able to make me burst out laughing like this one. So what if it oftenIn many respects, this show is lacking. The episode plots are not perfectly constructed, the writing isn't always on point and the characters are not complex. However, despite these shortcomings (pardon the pun) Life's Too Short ultimately delivers powerful laughs that make it timeless. Seldom do I find a show that is able to make me burst out laughing like this one. So what if it often utilizes cameo appearances from famous actors? They are absolutely hilarious and enjoyable to watch.

Sometimes I want to watch an intricate web of plotlines converge in a hysterical culmination of events that cause me to consistently chuckle throughout the episode (e.g. Seinfeld) But I also enjoy comedies that are able to provide incredible moments of situational humor that leave me with tears in my eyes. In this respect, Life's Too Short is an undeniable success
  3. Nov 28, 2012
    Very funny series and hilarious plots. People who critic negatively this show must have personal issues and don't need to share their comments. Well written, and the cast is great! Keep the show on for more years, as your fan base will continue with their support.
  4. Feb 22, 2012
    Firstly, it would be wise to ignore the ridiculous and misguided reviews of "Long time Gervais fans" who seem to be disappointed that Gervais and Merchant haven't again been able to create an entire new genre of comedy (surely once in a decade is enough?) Yes, the humour is the same as Extras and the Office, but what were you expecting? This was by far the best comedy released in 2011. IFirstly, it would be wise to ignore the ridiculous and misguided reviews of "Long time Gervais fans" who seem to be disappointed that Gervais and Merchant haven't again been able to create an entire new genre of comedy (surely once in a decade is enough?) Yes, the humour is the same as Extras and the Office, but what were you expecting? This was by far the best comedy released in 2011. I feel this is the type of comedy Gervais / Merchant have always wanted to do - the comedy is harsh and unforgiving, it's also a lot edgier than what we have seen in the past. They have slowed down on the pathos and amped up the absurdist comedy. Warwick Davis' performance will impress over repeat viewings and Rosamund Hanson is brilliant. Johnny Depp and Liam Neeson are some of the highlights, but there are also some excellent guest spots from lesser known English comedians.

The criticisms: Those who hate Gervais for his smug character, will only hate him more after this show. Gervais and Merchant are clearly playing Curb style exaggerations of their public personas. However, this nuance is suprisingly missed as Gervais' online profile seemingly blurs the lines between persona and his real self . The other fault that was distracting was the mockumentary format, which was obviously not given as much thought and OCD like detailing as The Office, resulting in some unrealistic multiple camera angles and unlikely or unconvincing scenes.

No, the show is not as good as The Office or Extras, but neither has any other comedy since Seinfeld. As a stand alone creation, LTS is still miles ahead of the competition.
  5. Feb 20, 2012
    Pleasantly surprised by the premiere episode. Warwick Davis was very good and Ricky and Steve are always fun to watch in any context. The dry humor is reminiscent of the British Office and the first few seasons of the US Office. What worries me is that the funniest sequence of the episode came from Liam Neeson meeting with Ricky and Steve. From what I understand this show will be cameo andPleasantly surprised by the premiere episode. Warwick Davis was very good and Ricky and Steve are always fun to watch in any context. The dry humor is reminiscent of the British Office and the first few seasons of the US Office. What worries me is that the funniest sequence of the episode came from Liam Neeson meeting with Ricky and Steve. From what I understand this show will be cameo and guest star driven, but what does that say about the lead characters? I'd rather see a show about Davis and his quest to find work, opposed to random guest spots stealing the show. Don't get me wrong, seeing Neeson trying to be funny (which was inherently funny in itself) is all well and good, but I worry Davis might not get the credit he deserves for what was a very funny pilot, and hopefully, season to come. Expand
  6. Feb 19, 2012
    Very good show, Ricky Gervais and Steve Merchant have a brilliant way of mixing up the brit style of dry conversational humor, Warwick does a very good job of playing a egotistical neurotic dwarf. He deserves and award.. they all do.

1. Reviewed by: Rob Owen
    Feb 21, 2012
    The show conjures the most laughs when Mr. Gervais is on screen, but his presence doesn't mesh naturally with Warwick's world.
  2. Reviewed by: Mark A. Perigard
    Feb 21, 2012
    Life may be short, but this comedy is not long enough.
  3. Reviewed by: Mary McNamara
    Feb 21, 2012
    Too often Life's Too Short feels like two shows stuck together with a bit of chewing gum.