Lights Out : Season 1

• Network: FX
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 11, 2011
8.2

1. Jan 13, 2011
    That metascore just seems way too high. I had high expectations for this, maybe because FX has debuted such amazing shows over the last few years. But the lead actor is not extremely watchable, the brother is not as interesting as he was on season 2 of "The Wire", Stacy Keach is a poor fit , and the pilot just didn't jump out at me like it should have. Even the scenes from the rest ofThat metascore just seems way too high. I had high expectations for this, maybe because FX has debuted such amazing shows over the last few years. But the lead actor is not extremely watchable, the brother is not as interesting as he was on season 2 of "The Wire", Stacy Keach is a poor fit , and the pilot just didn't jump out at me like it should have. Even the scenes from the rest of the season don't seem to offer much to hope for. I'll give it at least one more episode. Expand

1. People Weekly
    Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Jan 24, 2011
    Beneath the grit, this is a tale of chivalry. [31 Jan 2011, p.40]
    Lights Out starts slower but has an even more intriguing anti-hero dad: Patrick "Lights" Leary (in a beautiful and subtle performance by Holt McCallany), a retired heavyweight champion with itchy fists.
  3. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Jan 12, 2011
    At its strongest, it freshens those themes without melodrama, opting instead for slow-boil tension. The challenge for this artful series is whether that boiling point is too slow for viewers raised on WWE Raw and mixed martial arts.