Lipstick Jungle : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2
5.2

1. sarahr
    Mar 6, 2008
    I love this show! I can hardly wait for Thursday nights. I love the Niko character and understand her life. TV and the hour long "soap" looks good on her. "Victory" is so lovable and adorable that she makes you want her biggest dreams to come true. How many other characters on TV make you hope for the hopeless? I loved Sex and the City and I think this is the mature, suspenseful, and I love this show! I can hardly wait for Thursday nights. I love the Niko character and understand her life. TV and the hour long "soap" looks good on her. "Victory" is so lovable and adorable that she makes you want her biggest dreams to come true. How many other characters on TV make you hope for the hopeless? I loved Sex and the City and I think this is the mature, suspenseful, and glamours cousin to a great show about women for women! I hope it is doing well in the ratings because I won't know what I would do if this were to be cancelled. It makes Cashmere Mofia look like a dark, sad rip-off of this spicy and captivating show. ABC screwed up and NBC got it right! Expand
  2. LorraineI
    Jan 11, 2009
    Love Love Love It !!!!
  3. SC
    Mar 6, 2008
    Better than sex and the city....Love the clothing, stunning make up. Don't wanna miss a show. Great story.
  4. cr
    Nov 4, 2008
    I love this show! I hope it doesn't get canceled. why did they move it to Friday night?
  5. Anneo
    Mar 19, 2008
    I love the fashion of the show and the sex scenes are wonderful.
  6. ShayS
    Sep 20, 2009
    I never watched "Sex and City" but from what I saw of the 2008 movie, Lipstick Jungle, as NOTHING similar to City. Along with my, millions of fans got disappointed when the show was canceled. Some networks are just sad, and only read the paper reviews, and NOT the FANS reviews.
  7. PeterP.
    Feb 7, 2008
    Not that bad, eyecandy makes it 9.
  8. AW
    Mar 6, 2008
    It's fun, entertaining, and not meant to be like a Tweenkie. (Not a long shelf-life.) And people: Whatever happened to a show that was "fun"? It went the way of BAD reality-tv! At least Lipstick Jungle is interesting! 9 out of 10: For good humour, intriguing stories, and a lot of feel-good "fluff".
  9. LindseyA
    Mar 22, 2008
    I love this show. Please keep it going. I know more people will catch onto it. People just feel threatened by it because they were so obsessed by sex and the city, they probably feel like they are being unfaithful by watching it. Love the plots. Great show.
  10. DoreenA.
    Feb 17, 2008
    I like the story line as well as the actors. Looking forward to watching . Needed something to replace sex in the city.
  11. MJW.
    Feb 9, 2008
    I found this show to be exceptionally endearing. I am glad to see a show about older, more mature women who are professionally successful but still deal with the same family issues as we regular women do. I loved it.
  12. PamelaD
    Jan 17, 2009
    wonderful depiction of a long-lasting, and supportive, friendship between 3 women. Their outrageous NYC lives is a bonus.
  13. Fantasy
    Feb 8, 2008
    This show is a dog. I couldn't even watch the end as 40 minutes were enough to see that this turkey is Dead On Arrival.
  14. belindah
    May 13, 2008
    Dull. The characters have no charisma!
  15. ChicagoViewer
    Mar 2, 2008
    What an abomination. More cliches per second than an encyclopedia of cliches.
  16. voodoocookie
    Mar 5, 2008
    Saw the pilot long time ago and was enough to put me off not to ever give this show another chance! Heard Cashmere Mafia is similiar type show and this pilot was such a waste of time that I have decided not to give the other show a chance at all!
  17. AngelicaH
    Feb 24, 2008
    Sex in the City this is not! Characters are shallow, whiny, chaotic. Not only can I not identify with them, but I simply don't want to. On any level. The failed designer (thnak God for the billionaire swooping in to the rescue!), film mogul (I can't imagine handling problems the way she does; by immaturely visiting a former nanny to find out "why?" on a dishy tell-all book), and Sex in the City this is not! Characters are shallow, whiny, chaotic. Not only can I not identify with them, but I simply don't want to. On any level. The failed designer (thnak God for the billionaire swooping in to the rescue!), film mogul (I can't imagine handling problems the way she does; by immaturely visiting a former nanny to find out "why?" on a dishy tell-all book), and the magazine mogul (or maybe a confused high school junior who needs attention and admiration). Don't waste a precious hour of your life watching this drivel. Expand
  18. BrandonS.
    Feb 7, 2008
    Sex and the City was terrible. So why would anyone think a knock-off of that show would be any good? Send a message to the networks: steer clear of this one.
  19. Jan 24, 2011
    A cheap knock off of sex and the city with a few minor changes. The acting is appalling at best, the characters are a vapid waste of space & completely unlikeable. How on earth did this get on tv & dvd? Therein lies the true miracle.

1. This is a high gloss, prime-time soap but it's a tad too earnest.
  2. Lipstick Jungle is full of awful lines.
  3. Thoroughly average and unfailingly adequate, NBC's Lipstick Jungle is easier to like than ABC's cold, cynical "Cashmere Mafia," but that's like putting lipstick on a pig, albeit a pig dressed in couture.