Little Britain USA : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Sep 28, 2008
6.5

1. DavidG
    Jul 28, 2009
    I have enjoyed some of Lucas and Walliams work, but this was utter nasty spiteful comedy of sorts. One or two laughs but generally pathetic, funny if you're a small boy and still think penis and gay jokes are funny but otherwise not worth wasting the time on.
  2. chuckM
    Oct 17, 2008
    Sadly after a consistently funny first series, the signs were beggining to show that the material was getting a bit thin even during the second. The third series just seemed to ramp up the vulgarity and shock factor but forget about the humour, and that's exactly where we're at right now with Little Britain USA. Damn right offensive in parts and without the humour to back it up Sadly after a consistently funny first series, the signs were beggining to show that the material was getting a bit thin even during the second. The third series just seemed to ramp up the vulgarity and shock factor but forget about the humour, and that's exactly where we're at right now with Little Britain USA. Damn right offensive in parts and without the humour to back it up it simply feels embarrassing, there are one or two genius moments but they're spread so thin that its barely worth enduring the barrage of filth coming your way to get to them. Surely the whole reason for this series was to point out the cultural differences between the two nations and poke fun at the American attitude to the world. This I'm afraid only happens on rare occasions (hunters roping a mouse to the pick-up), the majority of the rest of the sketches could be set anywhere and they simply rehash old ideas. Lucas and Walliams are undeniably very funny, but they seemed to run out of characters and ideas a good few years ago. I'm British and have to endure the overhyping of this show daily, I'm glad that people have finally started to see through the thin veneer though. Believe me, this is not British humour at it's best. There are countless shows that are much more clever, inventive and most importantly funny than this debacle, please don't buy into the it because it's British and very rude. Expand
  3. IanA.
    Sep 29, 2008
    These guys seem to think that being funny is about finding the right balance between wigs and 'dirty words.' Talented performers might accomplish more with this material, but there don't seem any willing to touch it, so it just hangs out there, trying hard but doing nothing, like a teenager's penis.
  4. MattP.
    Sep 29, 2008
    Utter drivel. The same few
  5. RichS
    May 24, 2009
    Tedious, wincingly unfunny claptrap. They seem obsessed with the homosexual, fat, and racist variety of human kind. Dysfunctional humour? You got it.
  6. SlyEnemy...
    Oct 12, 2008
    Matt Lucas and David Walliams have taken the most commercial route into comedy they possibly could have. Matt Lucas' days of Reeves and Mortimer hilarity have been diluted into fifteen or so catchphrases repeated ad infinitum. Whilst the lowest common denominator will lap it up and bark "Want that one" in the middle of the street with their mates, the one's amongst us who Matt Lucas and David Walliams have taken the most commercial route into comedy they possibly could have. Matt Lucas' days of Reeves and Mortimer hilarity have been diluted into fifteen or so catchphrases repeated ad infinitum. Whilst the lowest common denominator will lap it up and bark "Want that one" in the middle of the street with their mates, the one's amongst us who aren't taking Lithium will watch one episode, take in the midly amusing anecdotes and then skip the next few years of talking dolls, "I'm a lady" rucksacks and singing birthday cards. Expand

Though there are exceptions and a few bits work, the skits that weren’t funny in one episode don’t become funny when they are repeated, with minor alterations, in the next.
  2. The material's solid, but it won't convince the newbies.
  3. It's not that Americans can't master the outlandish sketch comedy exemplified by Little Britain USA. It's just that, from Monty Python to Borat to Eddie Izzard, the British invariably do it so much better.