• Network: HBO
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 28, 2008
6.5

1. Jul 11, 2014
    Varies really hard, from unfunny af till very funny
  2. Sep 8, 2011
    I was pleasantly surprised at how actually funny the US translation of the show was. New characters, mostly amusing ones too, and the audiences seemed to find the show enjoyable, instead of there being an awkward transatlantic tension where they don't understand the jokes.
  3. Oct 27, 2010
    "Little Britain USA" is funny, but not as good as the original UK version. It seems that all the political correctness and censorship needed in the US has done much harm for the brand, and it also seems that if Americans see a good foreign show, they take it and "American-ize" it.
  4. DavidP.
    Oct 5, 2008
    The firs show was ok. I didn't laugh for quite a lot of the show. The duo should stay in Britain and make fun of us, which is what you are good at.
  5. PeterR.
    Oct 9, 2008
    Fabulous show. It really hits the spot when it comes to entertaining.
  6. AndyB.
    Sep 29, 2008
    Pushes the boundaries - which is exactly what good comedy should do.
  7. BrianM.
    Oct 17, 2008
    This show tries hard to be outrageous and offensive with the thought that those traits are the same thing as being funny. Sadly there are fewer laughs than there are moments that make you cringe. I'm not offended by the show, just not amused. It tries too hard.
  8. KarlJ.
    Oct 4, 2008
    Comic Genius, Satirical send ups. Certainly not boring and i could not stop laughing. Some of the reviewers who rated below 7 need to be questioned if they are capable of understanding this. They go for drol, boring, non-risque comedies, middle of the road, the same thing time and again. That's fine, but these guys are clearly comic genius and i'm glad it's come to the USA!
  9. DavidG
    Jul 28, 2009
    I have enjoyed some of Lucas and Walliams work, but this was utter nasty spiteful comedy of sorts. One or two laughs but generally pathetic, funny if you're a small boy and still think penis and gay jokes are funny but otherwise not worth wasting the time on.
  10. SimonJ
    Oct 12, 2008
    Absolutely hilarious. Some people won't get it or be offended by the content but if thats the case then don't watch it ffs. The only shame is that there are only 6 episodes. Would like to see David, Matt and the team do some more!
  11. chuckM
    Oct 17, 2008
    Sadly after a consistently funny first series, the signs were beggining to show that the material was getting a bit thin even during the second. The third series just seemed to ramp up the vulgarity and shock factor but forget about the humour, and that's exactly where we're at right now with Little Britain USA. Damn right offensive in parts and without the humour to back it up Sadly after a consistently funny first series, the signs were beggining to show that the material was getting a bit thin even during the second. The third series just seemed to ramp up the vulgarity and shock factor but forget about the humour, and that's exactly where we're at right now with Little Britain USA. Damn right offensive in parts and without the humour to back it up it simply feels embarrassing, there are one or two genius moments but they're spread so thin that its barely worth enduring the barrage of filth coming your way to get to them. Surely the whole reason for this series was to point out the cultural differences between the two nations and poke fun at the American attitude to the world. This I'm afraid only happens on rare occasions (hunters roping a mouse to the pick-up), the majority of the rest of the sketches could be set anywhere and they simply rehash old ideas. Lucas and Walliams are undeniably very funny, but they seemed to run out of characters and ideas a good few years ago. I'm British and have to endure the overhyping of this show daily, I'm glad that people have finally started to see through the thin veneer though. Believe me, this is not British humour at it's best. There are countless shows that are much more clever, inventive and most importantly funny than this debacle, please don't buy into the it because it's British and very rude. Expand
  12. ChrisM.
    Oct 7, 2008
    Hit and miss so far. Some characters are funny (Mr. Doggy, the old married couple) but most are droll and unfunny (Fat Fighters, the inane receptionist, Bubbles Devere). I have no problem with any of the "gross out" humor, but most of those sketches are one-dimensional and kind of boring. Just because they show some fake wang and breasts doesn't make it funny. Also, if they got rid Hit and miss so far. Some characters are funny (Mr. Doggy, the old married couple) but most are droll and unfunny (Fat Fighters, the inane receptionist, Bubbles Devere). I have no problem with any of the "gross out" humor, but most of those sketches are one-dimensional and kind of boring. Just because they show some fake wang and breasts doesn't make it funny. Also, if they got rid of the laugh track, that would be a move in the right direction. Expand
  13. IanA.
    Sep 29, 2008
    These guys seem to think that being funny is about finding the right balance between wigs and 'dirty words.' Talented performers might accomplish more with this material, but there don't seem any willing to touch it, so it just hangs out there, trying hard but doing nothing, like a teenager's penis.
  14. MattP.
    Utter drivel. The same few
  15. DavidO.
    Sep 29, 2008
    It's crude and at times completely off the wall, but at the heart of each character is something or someone we've all seen before, just massively exaggerated. It's this grain of truth that makes it satirical, and brilliant. Loved it!
  16. EK.
    Sep 30, 2008
    Very funny and sick. I love it.
  17. MarjorieH
    Mar 1, 2009
    I loved the British version so had low expectations for this but I was surprised to find that it was great--actually more crude in a way than the British version, but really as wonderful and creative.
  18. RichS
    May 24, 2009
    Tedious, wincingly unfunny claptrap. They seem obsessed with the homosexual, fat, and racist variety of human kind. Dysfunctional humour? You got it.
  19. SlyEnemy...
    Oct 12, 2008
    Matt Lucas and David Walliams have taken the most commercial route into comedy they possibly could have. Matt Lucas' days of Reeves and Mortimer hilarity have been diluted into fifteen or so catchphrases repeated ad infinitum. Whilst the lowest common denominator will lap it up and bark "Want that one" in the middle of the street with their mates, the one's amongst us who Matt Lucas and David Walliams have taken the most commercial route into comedy they possibly could have. Matt Lucas' days of Reeves and Mortimer hilarity have been diluted into fifteen or so catchphrases repeated ad infinitum. Whilst the lowest common denominator will lap it up and bark "Want that one" in the middle of the street with their mates, the one's amongst us who aren't taking Lithium will watch one episode, take in the midly amusing anecdotes and then skip the next few years of talking dolls, "I'm a lady" rucksacks and singing birthday cards. Expand

Though there are exceptions and a few bits work, the skits that weren’t funny in one episode don’t become funny when they are repeated, with minor alterations, in the next.
  2. The material's solid, but it won't convince the newbies.
  3. It's not that Americans can't master the outlandish sketch comedy exemplified by Little Britain USA. It's just that, from Monty Python to Borat to Eddie Izzard, the British invariably do it so much better.