• Network: Showtime
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 21, 2009
8.4

1. HarlandB
    Nov 6, 2009
    Pretty balanced view of "gun nuts" in America. Some poor gun handling and some very funny anecdotes. Very funny when Josh convinces one of his customers to tase his buddy.
  2. JoanM
    Dec 20, 2009
    I am a professional consultant who currently does not own a gun. After watching Lock & Load I went target shooting and found I really shooting & am good at it. I noww want to take gun owner safety class & purchase my own firearm. Bad guys will always find a way of obtaining a gun through illegal means..... Bad guys do not like going into homes where people have guns. They are on a power I am a professional consultant who currently does not own a gun. After watching Lock & Load I went target shooting and found I really shooting & am good at it. I noww want to take gun owner safety class & purchase my own firearm. Bad guys will always find a way of obtaining a gun through illegal means..... Bad guys do not like going into homes where people have guns. They are on a power trip looking for vulnerable people. Expand
  3. LamontR
    Oct 22, 2009
    I had a lot of fun iwht this show. Josh Ryan seems like a hell-of-a guy. Very down to earth. Makes me want to go out and buy a gun. And shoot it! Wish I had a range round these parts.
  4. royh
    Nov 4, 2009
    This show is very annoying. As a second amendment supporter, gun owner and nra member I am embarrassed by the way business is conducted in this gun shop. Much of this so called reality show is obviously staged and scripted. The main character or should I say actor is careless and simply looking to make a name for himself. I have purchased firearms in many shops in Pennsylvania and This show is very annoying. As a second amendment supporter, gun owner and nra member I am embarrassed by the way business is conducted in this gun shop. Much of this so called reality show is obviously staged and scripted. The main character or should I say actor is careless and simply looking to make a name for himself. I have purchased firearms in many shops in Pennsylvania and Virginia and it is always done professionally and you never see dealers laying out multiple weapons and letting children play with the guns. If this is how shooters conducts business then they should be shut down. This show makes law abiding gun owners (mostly professional, intelligent people) seem like careless idiots. I truly hope that showtime does not pick up this reality series. Especially since there is absolutely nothing REAL about it! Expand
  5. jasonl
    Dec 27, 2009
    good show this country is about guns and freedom i have traveled the us and only those stuck in large cities dont 'la,chigago,new york' dont understand that but we all know how uptight they are right
  6. DanielleB
    Oct 26, 2009
    Sexy Sexy Sexy. Nothing like a sexy rockabilly with a gun. Being funny is plus too, go SHOWTIME
  7. skips
    Oct 28, 2009
    my son and i love the show. josh is a great salesperson. i point out how comfortable he make people feel. my son learns how to deal with people and make them feel important. the guns are secondary. how can i email josh?

Lock ’n Load treats Wayne and many fellow customers as curiosities, and occasionally smacks of condescension. (The “Amazing Grace’’ sequence, in particular, crosses a line.) But the series also takes pains to avoid making judgments, and offers a parade of gun owners so vast that we end up with a broad view.
  2. Reviewed by: Kate Ward
    NRA enthusiasts might be the target audience for this reality show about a Colorado gun shop, but Lock manages to have mainstream appeal, thanks to its focus on the store's quirky customers (a shank-holding old lady, a gun-loving pastor, etc.).
  3. Ryan prompts the patrons to talk, but the stories don't really develop into much; and although the arms-buying demographic is indeed wider than one who has not spent much time in a gun store might imagine, their reasons for buying tend to be variations on the same few themes: I was robbed; I don't want to be robbed; guns are fun to collect and shoot.