• Network: FOX
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 20, 2010
7.5

1. Sep 21, 2010
    It looks promising, but the lead actors don't seem to be heavyweight enough to get it done. I like the casting of Tyra from Friday Night Lights. John Voight and David Keith are excellent. A pilot needs to seal the deal, and though I'll watch another episode, I thought this would be the slam dunk new show of the season for me. It's not. Here's hoping it gets better.
  2. Sep 23, 2010
    This is a very brave show to make on network TV. But how do you get us to relate to a character who is so morally ambiguous and difficult to relate to? Yes - the drama here should be compelling, but somehow it falls flat for me. I just don't particularly "like" any of the characters, and the ones that I do like - I pity. Perhaps this would have been better suited for cable, and been aThis is a very brave show to make on network TV. But how do you get us to relate to a character who is so morally ambiguous and difficult to relate to? Yes - the drama here should be compelling, but somehow it falls flat for me. I just don't particularly "like" any of the characters, and the ones that I do like - I pity. Perhaps this would have been better suited for cable, and been a little edgier. Expand

Despite the disappearance of his top lip when smiling, newcomer Wolk employs the same conman charm on the viewer. Rooting for both the wife and the girlfriend--maybe a little bit more for the latter, Lone Star has the makings for a sudsy tune-in.
  2. Lone Star, created and written by Kyle Killen, centers on a con man who lives a double life--with two beautiful women--and is so full of plot holes you could drive a motorcade through it with a parade of elephants behind.
  3. So where "Dallas" was happy if we were appalled at almost every character, Lone Star depends on us coming to like most of them, including Bob. The problem is that he's not a guy who got drunk one night and wrecked someone's car on a joyride. He has spent his life stealing from people who thought he was their friend.