• Network: FOX
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 20, 2010
  • Season #: 1
7.5

1. Sep 22, 2010
    First class drama. Adrianne Palicki is hotter than ever with her died hair, and the lead, is def. the new Clooney! Everything is superb! But as we all know, this show won't last even a second episode. Too bad, the American people will still watch stupid Tow and a Half-Men after years of stupidity and they'll give a chance to The Event, because they all want something to replace Lost/Prison Break! SO FOX please give this show more chances (other timeslots etc.) Expand
  2. Sep 21, 2010
    I have been looking for a new drama to replace LOST. "The Event" looks too preachy and political. After watching the pilot, Lone Star is looking like a winner and my replacement for LOST! Interesting story, likeable lead (even if he is a confidence man), great Jon Voight, good locations, etc. Please let this show last for several seasons!
  3. Sep 23, 2010
    Hands down LONE STAR is the best new show of the season! Smart writing, heartfelt performances, smooth directing. I don't understand why the population wastes their brains on noisy and meaningless stuff like Hawaii 5-O and can get engrossed into smart storytelling like Lone Star. The protagonist is a con man hence non relatable??? This excuse is major BS. It's a TV show and the writers have made it into a clear 3 dimensional character with a conscience. Did people understand what was going on in the show or are they too numbed by Cbs procedurals??? Expand
  4. Sep 23, 2010
    Outstanding new series with an intriguing premise. Great characters ripe for development. Plenty of scope for thrills and spills, twists and turns. Read that it was going to be canned for poor ratings (maybe not even a second episode). That would be a great shame, since there is very little non law/cop quality out there.
  5. Sep 26, 2010
    I wanted to watch the pilot, but missed it on Monday, caught it when it played again on Saturday. I think that it could be a really good show. I think that many people are put off by the con man angle, and it troubles me a lot as well, but I still found the premise to be a bit fascinating. Definitely a lot better than other junk shows that make it for years. Maybe Fox doesn't have it in the right time slot. I hope that it makes it, I'll watch the second episode. Expand
  6. Sep 23, 2010
    An excellent premiere episode with strong characters, and a very interesting premise of a con man who wants to make a change to his life! I really hope Fox gives this show a real chance to find its audience!

Despite the disappearance of his top lip when smiling, newcomer Wolk employs the same conman charm on the viewer. Rooting for both the wife and the girlfriend--maybe a little bit more for the latter, Lone Star has the makings for a sudsy tune-in.
  2. Lone Star, created and written by Kyle Killen, centers on a con man who lives a double life--with two beautiful women--and is so full of plot holes you could drive a motorcade through it with a parade of elephants behind.
  3. So where "Dallas" was happy if we were appalled at almost every character, Lone Star depends on us coming to like most of them, including Bob. The problem is that he's not a guy who got drunk one night and wrecked someone's car on a joyride. He has spent his life stealing from people who thought he was their friend.