7.8

1. Nov 26, 2014
    I have made it all the way to season 3, but is still a bit of a struggle, I find myself losing interest or skipping through scene's and when I do, I can see I haven't missed much.
    It is very same same, dark fae, light fae, I don't really see the difference. I found the only episode to be any different was when Bo was in Prison for a short time, because it felt like they were doing something different as the series was progressing outside the bar and the shack, but within the same episode, it was back to fighting the dark fae, her back in her shack and me losing interest again.
    Dyson, a boring mundane character, Hale who really is a pointless character in the whole series with whistling skills (whoop) that he barely ever uses (because they are pointless) Trick who just is an encyclopedia of fae's and pulls the odd pint. Kenzi is the only one of the characters who makes the show a little more entertaining with her craic and obviously Bo, well she is the eye candy that makes it worth watching.
    The only good thing they did mange with this show is to get good looking characters...all besides Lauren, who basically is just a block of wood that does not excud any sexual attraction whatsoever who should be fae...the robot fae.
    I don't know how this managed to pull off 5 seasons, but hopefully it will get better, but so far, it's pretty stuck in its ways and has no imagination for a good plot.
  2. Aug 15, 2014
    Just started watching this show and am catching up. Just finished looking at season 2. I must say i m very disappointed with the outcome of this storyline. They built up this war coming with the Garuda, who is supposed to be this all powerful being. Some Fae are being controlled by him, others leaving city out of fear of the coming battle. Now, what did we wind up getting? A cast ofJust started watching this show and am catching up. Just finished looking at season 2. I must say i m very disappointed with the outcome of this storyline. They built up this war coming with the Garuda, who is supposed to be this all powerful being. Some Fae are being controlled by him, others leaving city out of fear of the coming battle. Now, what did we wind up getting? A cast of thousands of light and dark Fae fighting it out with the Garuda minions on the bloodied plains? Nope, we got 15 people fighting it out in an abandoned asylum and the all powerful Garuda going out in a puff of smoke. Talk about anti-climatic. I'm done with this series.
    Worst character in this series is Kenzi. I mean do we really need a ''sidekick'' spewing out the one liners every time she opens her mouth? She just really gets on my nerves. Anyway, 'nuff said, i m outta here big time.
  3. Feb 9, 2012
    This review contains spoilers. I cant stand the starting of the show, for the pilot it was ok, not for the second season anymore. And the cheesy one-liners just do not work, they should give it up already. I did like the 1 season a lot, but im getting more and more annoyed with the show. Yes, we know the wolf-boy doesn't want the succubus anymore. Everybody knows that, besides the succubus. I never felt so neutral about a main character before. She is supposed to ge so important, with prophecies and all that, but when she actually does something in the show, she always gets her ass kicked first, while acting like a bad ass. Also this dragged out lesbian thing going on with the blond doctor? Never though seeing two women kiss could be so boring. The main character never uses her powers for anything, besides calming people down, which has to be the cheapest of all the tricks a succubus can do. I would like to just keep watching the show without her in it. Love the sidekick and the dwarf/bar owner/blood king though. I hope they start focusing more on all the creatures and magic. Collapse
  4. Jan 21, 2012
    Disclaimer: I only watched the first episode. It was so bad that I was unable to watch any more.

I gave this show a shot based on the Metacritic plot summary; seemed interesting enough. The show turned out to be what I'd term as "very TV" meaning that the directing, acting, writing, and design are all corny and far below the level of quality that you would expect from a movie. The

The costume and scenic design are both over the top and completely unbelievable. Not "unrealistic" in a clever way that makes any type of comment, but in an empty Hollywood way where every piece looks as though worked great as a standalone sketch on the drawing board. Somehow the elements don't come together as a whole.

The worst travesties begin with the writing. The initial concept had something going for it; the execution was more or less unimaginative beyond that point. The dialogue is full of cheesy one-liners that lack any real wit, and it is all delivered by actors who are by all means..."acting." I'm not sure there was even a director present who did anything more than tell the editor when to cut camera.
  5. Jan 18, 2012
    Season 2 is finishing up here in Canada. I enjoyed the earlier episodes of season 1 -- though it becomes a bit boring and uninspired towards the end of season. The downward spiral continues in season 2, and I stopped watching after the first few episodes. The glowing eyes while someone's essence-cloud is sucked out gets old quick, unfortunately it's the most often used effect.

My favorite

My favorite is Lost Girl's sidekick, with comedic timing that rises above the material -- I expect she'll become a household name in years to come :-) A fun show early on, but the writers make it easy to give up on the show as it progresses to a 2nd season.

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Feb 2, 2012
    Girl has a surprisingly casual sense of humor and Anna Silk is physically just right in the lead role. [13 Feb 2012, p.45]
  2. Reviewed by: Rob Owen
    Jan 17, 2012
    With a witty script by series creator Michelle Lovretta, Lost Girl mixes mystery-of-the-week plots and character stories with an overarching mythology in a way that's palatable for fans of serialized and procedural dramas.
  3. Reviewed by: Matt Roush
    Jan 17, 2012
    The action and whimsy help compensate for an overall flatness in the rest of the ensemble casting and low-budget production.