Lost : Season 2

• Series Premiere Date: Sep 22, 2004
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
9.1

1. Dec 29, 2011
    Season 1 focused on how the main cast arrived on a seemingly-deserted island. Season 2 begins to switch gears from the past to the present. With the plot thickening by the minute, it's almost impossible not to watch and be thrilled with every episode. How Abrams does it is beyond me, but he seems to be the one with the golden touch these days. Bravo.
  2. May 25, 2013
    First and foremost this second season continued the great character development of season one. Each of the characters backgrounds continue to be developed through the clever interweaving of flash backs into the main narrative on the island. Some of the islands fascinating mysteries are also answered as the islands history becomes clearer. Of course this being Lost more questions continuedFirst and foremost this second season continued the great character development of season one. Each of the characters backgrounds continue to be developed through the clever interweaving of flash backs into the main narrative on the island. Some of the islands fascinating mysteries are also answered as the islands history becomes clearer. Of course this being Lost more questions continued to be asked making for truly compulsive viewing throughout the entire season.

Be warned you won't be able to watch just one episode at a time!
  3. May 25, 2011
    Best show ever made! Absolutely amazing, best acting, storyline, or plot ever. I don't know one thing wrong with the show because it is the best ever.
  4. May 31, 2015
  5. Nov 19, 2010
    Absolutely fantastic first season. The premise was unique and fascinating, and the ensemble cast was wonderful. I honestly couldn't believe how good this show was. I was hooked, but then their best writer left after season 1, and they proceeded to make those OTHER seasons. The fact is that the remaining writers never even came close to recapturing the clever storytelling of season 1. TheAbsolutely fantastic first season. The premise was unique and fascinating, and the ensemble cast was wonderful. I honestly couldn't believe how good this show was. I was hooked, but then their best writer left after season 1, and they proceeded to make those OTHER seasons. The fact is that the remaining writers never even came close to recapturing the clever storytelling of season 1. The additions to the cast starting in season 2 were all disasters, and from that season onward the writers just seemed to have no solid direction whatsoever for the story. By the end of the series, it established itself as one of the greatest disappointments in television history. Collapse
  6. Dec 3, 2013
    Awesome t.v. series! The best I have ever seen. Great acting from an enormous ensemble, interesting characters with plenty of character development, cool mysteries, and intense action all add up to a great show that beats the hell out of Breaking Bad.
  7. Dec 2, 2010
    In this season many of our characters get pushed into situations they never would have expected to find themselves and they start changing. They become a little more wary, more intense. New characters are introduced and we are shown a very harsh side to these characters. Their back-story is only introduced after we've grown to dislike them but this story changes our opinions of them andIn this season many of our characters get pushed into situations they never would have expected to find themselves and they start changing. They become a little more wary, more intense. New characters are introduced and we are shown a very harsh side to these characters. Their back-story is only introduced after we've grown to dislike them but this story changes our opinions of them and makes them more understandable and their behaviour more excusable. Sayid Jarrah played by Naveen Andrews and Hugo "Hurley" Reyes played by Jorge Garcia are tested by an awful loss in this season and we watch how they both respond when face to face with the murderers of their loved ones. Both respond in a surprising but believable way. Expand
  8. Oct 16, 2013
    Another great Season of Lost. The characters were developed very nicely and the plot remained gripping through out the entire season. Each episode left you wanting to know more.
  9. Feb 2, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. As far as Lost goes, Season 2 has to be the least good. Plots go nowhere and we're left with a frustrating lack of answers. If you thought Season 1 was too slow, chances are you struggled through this Season or dropped the show altogether. But like I said in the review of the first Season, your patience is rewarded.

Great character work is again present, with the highlight once again being John Locke. He thoroughly believes pushing the button is his destiny and his debates with Jack start to get heated this Season. The introduction to Henry Gale makes Locke's journey even better as the manipulative prisoner makes Locke doubt his faith. This cumulates in a finale where Locke desperately tries to prevent anyone from pushing the button.

Gale is probably the best addition to the cast this Season. He remains creepily calm while confined in the hatch, and he manages to cause conflict in the group with only words. The best part is that we're not entirely sure he's one of The Others. I mean, I wasn't surprised when it was revealed but Gale's first lies have the potential to fool even the audience. Fans will love to hate him in the future; Michael Emerson doesn't disappoint in his début Season.

Although, Desmond Hume is probably the most likeable new addition. At first, his purpose is to explain the button, but when he comes back, he's given a great flashback in the Season finale. We learn about Penelope Widmore and her father, Charles, who will play a vital role in the series' future. We also learn exactly why the hell someone would live in a hatch and push a button every 108 minutes for years.

The other characters, the 'Talies' really don't have much to do, besides confirming how formidable The Others are. After Ana Lucia kills one of them, she doesn't really do much until Michael shoots her and Libby. And all Libby did was provide a cute love story arc with Hurley, which wasn't bad, but inconsequential.

Mr. Eko had some extraordinary flashback episodes. However, his attempt to push the button against John's will felt kind of forced. The final Tailie, Bernard, may have been the least important but him reuniting with Rose may be one the series' best feel-good moments.

Though Ana Lucia and Libby's demise were both safe Lost deaths once again, Michael's desperation to save his son that led to it was one of the Season's highlights. Blinded by his own desperation, he walks straight into The Others' trap and is forced to make a tough decision. The look on Harold Parrineau's face of disgust after his character's actions was priceless. The actor does a tremendous job of conveying Micheal's emotional state.

What's perhaps most odd about this Season is how some of the most vital characters from last Season fade into the background. Jack's given a lot to do but his arc is ultimately forgettable. Kate is forcibly kept out of the loop for the most part, and it was quite hard keep interest in her this Season. And after the amazing "The Long Con", Sawyer becomes too soft. I like this character the best when he's more antagonistic.

But really, the character development is once again great for the most part. The exception being the Charlie-centric "Fire + Water". His addiction is rekindled out of nowhere. Plus, Claire ends up forgiving him so the episode was really just filer. I like Charlie, but it really wasn't a very entertaining episode at all, and it's arguably Lost's worst episode.

The most frustrating thing about this Season was the lack of exciting new mysteries or answers. The Swan Station is only vaguely explained; you don't get a full explanation until Season 5. The DHARMA Initiative is really the only exciting new speculative piece to speak of. The Others remain frustratingly underdeveloped; we learn this Season that they're dangerous I guess?

Saying Season 2 of Lost is the worst Season may sound harsh. But this is a show with high standards set by its opening 25 episodes. Season 2 of Lost is still well above the fray.
  10. Dec 13, 2012
    It could not engage me on the same level as the first season did, and became tedious at times. But taken individually, it still is a lot better than the other shows that have come out since Lost. It became interesting for me midway through the season. I thoroughly enjoyed the performance of a certain new character.
  11. Sep 10, 2015
    The mysterious adventure continues on a bigger and a more emotional path.

The mysterious adventure continues on a bigger and a more emotional path.

This second season is just as the previous installment; its full of questions, mysteries and of course beautiful storylines and lovable characters. We do have some new cast members, which are just as phenomenal as the rest. One small change to the series is that it's much less focused on introducing new background plots, there's much more new and nuanced subplots that keeps the story going to new and awesome places! We see much focus on other things than weird physical phenomenons, like more mystery to coincidences, religion and fate. We see the characters interact on new levels, discovering and trying to evolve to survive on the strange island. That's the best thing with this season; we have begun to love and adore the characters. Incredible well done by Abrams! A small difference from this and season one is that the overused shaky cam is almost gone, which were incredibly annoying and bad for the first season.

Everything is superb with this show! Everything from the cast to the well written plots are amazingly done. It might have its slower and overly-dramatical moments and a bit flawed CGI, but it's still really impressive from my personal opinion. I even got emotional at certain places, because there really are some strong, well directed moments of love, understanding and happiness. So to summarize this review; it's definitely better than the first!

My overall personal rating for each episode is: 7.86/10

Personal rating: 8/10
    Critical rating: 9/10
  12. Aug 13, 2013
    If I could write how good this season was, I would, but I can't. I have watched every episode in this season countless times. If you have never watched this show, watch it!
  13. Oct 9, 2013
    Everything about LOST was so great, it makes me nostalgic thinking about it now. I hope that this show continues to be regarded one of the best shows ever made, because that is truly what it is.
  14. Oct 19, 2013
    although not as good as the first season she also deserves merit, the season finale this season is even better than the first season and that was a key part of the best moment of the series.
  15. Oct 2, 2014
    Второй сезон ни в чем не уступает первому. Наблюдать за "Робинзонами" по прежнему интересно, а при упоминании чисел "4815162342", до сих пор становится не по себе.
  16. Oct 18, 2014
    Igual de buena, o mejor, que la primera temporada. Ahora que ya conocemos los personajes y su pasado continuamos ampliando sus historias y añadiendo mas secretos a la isla. Los nuevos personajes son un acierto y la trama en la escotilla es super distraída.
    Engancha mucho.
  17. Jul 23, 2014
    Lost season 2 is just as exciting as the first with more questions about the mysterious island the characters have been well developed and they added a few new characters.
    Lost simply put is great.
  18. Jun 27, 2015
    Lost season 2 starts slow but by episode 5, you're hooked and it ramps up excitement and mystery from there. Once again a very compelling season. Lost just does everything right. Second season is just as strong, or possibly stronger than season 1.
  19. Feb 12, 2016
    Season 2 of Lost is incredible, just like season 1. The storyline becomes even more fascinating and the flash backs throughout the season do a great job of building the characters.
  20. Jan 10, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Lost series 2. Another great series for lost! It answered many mysteries, introduced cool charcaters and left us on cliffhangers again!
    Plot:
    Lost series 2 mainly focuses on the hatch. I like the new character introduced, and also the concept of the hatch, but I think if they had took a bigger risk for what was down there it probably would have worked. I like how John Locke eventually hates the hatch and the new character, mr eko becomes the button pusher. The cliffhanger at the end is good too, leaving us baffled to what happened to the hatch. The other main story line focuses on the new characters and the others. We get to meet some of the others like the said leader, mr beard face and Henry gale, who turns out to not be Henry gale, but I'm gonna call him that anyway. Also, Michael, after losing Walt gets captured by the others and gives away Jack Kate and sawyer to the others in exchange for Walt. And then Michael and Walt leave the island and possibly the whole show. I don't know if the writers are trying to make me feel bad for Michael or hate him, because I actually think both of those things.

Characters:
    Lots of new charcaters were introduced to the show, and a lot were killed off. Firstly Shannon, who's brother had just died has a flashback episode and as soon as her charcater gets interesting, she is shot by Ana Lucia. I think a lot of people started to like her and then she instantly gets written out the show. The new charcaters are Ana Lucia, mr eko, Bernard(roses lost husband) and Libby. Oh yeah, and Desmond. Firstly, Ana Lucia is a charcater that the writers accidently made us hate. I mean, she is just terrible. Terrible character. And eventually when she is killed off the last few episodes of the show are the strongest. Libby was my faviroute new character and she is killed off straight away too. I think they are going to kill off mr eko aswell since they have already killed off two of the new characters. Mr eko is also a cool new character as he speaks so calmly and does not freak out over everything. Then, Bernard. He is a cool addition to the show, but he is kind of annoying at times. Like in the Rose and Bernard flashback episode. Just why?!? Finally Desmond. The button pusher. He is a funny and cool new character and maybe, just mabye he is not going to get killed off. That would be good.

Altogether I think lost series 2 was a good series but it doesn't match up to the 1st one thanks to Ana Lucia, what we think of Michael and some disappointing flashbacks from ceartin charcaters(Kate, Charlie and Jack I'm looking at you). Still a 9/10 though.

There are no critic reviews yet.