• Network: ABC
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 22, 2004
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
8.6

1. May 25, 2011
    Best show ever made! Absolutely amazing, best acting, storyline, or plot ever. I don't know one thing wrong with the show because it is the best ever.
  2. VladM.
    Feb 4, 2008
    I wonder what happened to this show. It started out so good and over time just got worse and worse. Nothing interesting happens anymore. I watched season 4 premier and it seems that I've learned ABSOLUTELY nothing from where they left off. This show is simply overrated now.
  3. May 25, 2013
    Following the cracking season three finale expectations were high for this slightly shortened season four, fortunately it mostly delivered.

Throughout the season new characters were introduced as Lost's universe is expanded outside of life on the island and the 'flash-forward' technique gradually revealed the ultimate fates of some of the original survivors. With the end goal now firmly insight Lost yet again made for compulsive viewing and watching the show on DVD certainly makes it easier to comprehend the complex plot. Now if only we could find out the answers to some of those long lingering questions!
  4. StevenR.
    Feb 4, 2008
    I just want to say that A. L.'s review is ridiculous. You say the actors have no real health problems. That's crazy. First off if you watched the shows you would know that the island has healing powers. Also, people still do have health problems occasionally. Why do you think Jack is always fixing people up. Don't give the show a 0 when you obviously haven't seen more I just want to say that A. L.'s review is ridiculous. You say the actors have no real health problems. That's crazy. First off if you watched the shows you would know that the island has healing powers. Also, people still do have health problems occasionally. Why do you think Jack is always fixing people up. Don't give the show a 0 when you obviously haven't seen more than 2 minutes of it. Expand
  5. JudyT
    Mar 11, 2008
    Lost was a great premise, plane crash, lots of people with stories, mysterious island. But its beginning to get lost in its own scientific mumble-jumble. Like the Matrix trilogy at little science to gloss the fantasy and story-telling is good a lot of science, very little fantasy and uninteresting or too many stories is what kills it.
  6. Jan 12, 2011
    Not sure why user rating is higher for season 4 then season 3. This is where the show took somewhat of a downturn for me. Some episodes were a little boring. While hard to follow Season 1, 2 and 3 at least tried. With Season 4 I wasn't a big fan of the flash forwards.
  7. Oct 16, 2013
    Although still gripping season four just doesn't have writing that is on par with the other seasons. It focuses too much on the mystery of the island and not as much on surviving and the characters themselves. Despite being good that definitely makes it weaker.
  8. DerekR.
    Feb 26, 2008
    A new season brings new questions. No answers to previous questions. I'm getting sick of it.
  9. MaryK.
    May 12, 2008
    The show, while entertaining even at its worst, does not merit the high praise that so-called respectable publications have doled out. The problem simmering at the center of Lost is the lack of direction. Even now, with season 4 winding to a close, and with the promise of the writers that they do, indeed, know where they are going with the plot, it seems to me as if the storyline has The show, while entertaining even at its worst, does not merit the high praise that so-called respectable publications have doled out. The problem simmering at the center of Lost is the lack of direction. Even now, with season 4 winding to a close, and with the promise of the writers that they do, indeed, know where they are going with the plot, it seems to me as if the storyline has become suspended. As if the writers came up with a hasty conclusion when interrogated and are now trying to span it over the last three seasons. Furthermore, it seems as if they've just dropped important plot lines from the first two seasons in favor of plot that (easily) could have been introduced before, but I'm skeptical that they existed at that early stage. Basically, the show seems haphazardly done now, relying on Locke or Ben to say something stimulating, or throwing in a familiar face during a flashback, or Jin with the panda bear. Lost has reduced itself to cheap tricks. Expand
  10. RoryO.
    Jul 1, 2008
    Could have been so much more than what it was. What once took 1 episode to take place now can take 4 or 5 episodes as they drag the show on and on and on.
  11. SamS.
    Feb 9, 2008
    Lost lost me on this one. It's tough to care about what's happening on screen when there's no way to know the consequences of anybody's actions. I don't know what the island is, how it's relevent to the outside world, why the characters are important, or why the island itself is important. They spent the second episode introducing 3 new nerds which are Lost lost me on this one. It's tough to care about what's happening on screen when there's no way to know the consequences of anybody's actions. I don't know what the island is, how it's relevent to the outside world, why the characters are important, or why the island itself is important. They spent the second episode introducing 3 new nerds which are supposedly a threat to the island or Ben, but gave no reason why. As usual the great acting and a few well written moments saved the show from being unbearable, but I think I'm done. I just don't care any more. Expand
  12. AmandaP.
    Jan 31, 2008
    This thing seems to be drawn out just to make money. I can't bother to watch it anymore.
  13. AdamP
    Sep 18, 2009
    Lost is lost. Still entertaining, but without the tension of the first couple seasons before they left the island. Ever since, the story is full of time travel gimmicks and seems desperate to try to recreate that (lost) mystery.
  14. A.L.
    Feb 2, 2008
    This is one of the few shows out there that amazes me with its popularity. When the first few episodes aired I was hoping for something along the line of "Cast Away" (which was simply awesome in every way) but what I got was a soap opera set on an island. I generally agree with what the critics have to say but not on this one. Some of the few things that bother me - the acting or if you This is one of the few shows out there that amazes me with its popularity. When the first few episodes aired I was hoping for something along the line of "Cast Away" (which was simply awesome in every way) but what I got was a soap opera set on an island. I generally agree with what the critics have to say but not on this one. Some of the few things that bother me - the acting or if you can call it that, the total lack of realism (the actors seem to have no real health problems at all!), how many people are there on the island now - ten thousand? PS. have they discovered any UFOs on the island yet, or at least have they invented time travel (some call it surreal, I call it unrealistic or even stupid)? Expand
  15. alexr.
    Mar 6, 2008
    lost is for fags, fans put dildos up their butts, and jerk off at the same time. why can't they just build a boat and swim away dick holes
  16. Nov 19, 2010
    Absolutely fantastic first season. The premise was unique and fascinating, and the ensemble cast was wonderful. I honestly couldn't believe how good this show was. I was hooked, but then their best writer left after season 1, and they proceeded to make those OTHER seasons. The fact is that the remaining writers never even came close to recapturing the clever storytelling of season 1. TheAbsolutely fantastic first season. The premise was unique and fascinating, and the ensemble cast was wonderful. I honestly couldn't believe how good this show was. I was hooked, but then their best writer left after season 1, and they proceeded to make those OTHER seasons. The fact is that the remaining writers never even came close to recapturing the clever storytelling of season 1. The additions to the cast starting in season 2 were all disasters, and from that season onward the writers just seemed to have no solid direction whatsoever for the story. By the end of the series, it established itself as one of the greatest disappointments in television history. Expand
  17. Dec 4, 2010
    Lost is beginning to Lose It. The same mistake made here was made in Heroes season 4 also. Too many plot-lines and not enough time to keep up with them all. Kudos for an intricate weaving of story-lines but in this case the KISS rule needed to be remembered. Keep It Simple Stupid. The story-lines themselves didn't go over our heads. That's not the simplification that was needed but ratherLost is beginning to Lose It. The same mistake made here was made in Heroes season 4 also. Too many plot-lines and not enough time to keep up with them all. Kudos for an intricate weaving of story-lines but in this case the KISS rule needed to be remembered. Keep It Simple Stupid. The story-lines themselves didn't go over our heads. That's not the simplification that was needed but rather the sheer volume of them needed to be decreased so as to keep up with them every episode. The flash-forwards and flash-backs needed to be titled such as '1 year from now'. It wasn't obvious whether the scene was forward or backward making the series a bit of a flop. Jack Shephard played by Matthew Fox finally becomes fallible, however he falls too hard, too fast with seemingly little reason and his discovery that baby Aaron is his nephew hardly has any response attached to it. Kate Austen played by Evangeline Lilly becomes mum to baby Aaron. This is not even slightly believable and in the doing the character becomes unlikeable and overly self-righteous. This season - FAIL. We can only hope the writers get it together for season 5. Expand
  18. Oct 19, 2013
    after three good seasons the fourth starts falling income, from here the series starts making secrets and intrigue boring and somewhat meaningless and it made me very angry.
  19. SheaM.
    Feb 4, 2008
    It's still worth watching if you've been keeping up on it. It's doing a great job of keeping you on your toes (flash forwards) while giving you enough of a handle on the characters "reality". I'll be watching every episode through till the finish for sure.
  20. MelS.
    Feb 2, 2008
    This has to one of the most captivating, complex, and intense TV shows I'd ever seen. It keeps you shocked and begging for more. By the way the season premiere was presented, this might the best season of Lost yet!
  21. JeniaS
    Jan 31, 2008
    The first episode of season 4 is as emotional, mysterious, and intense as Lost has ever been. Every loose end from Season 3's finale has been tied down, and a whole season's worth of new questions seem to be just over the horizon. With writing and acting of this caliber, it seems like there could be nothing more to hope for, let alone ask.
  22. C.B.
    Feb 13, 2008
    Awesome. Amazing. Fantastic. Superb.
  23. TimJ.
    Feb 7, 2008
    This is one of the best written, best casted and best acted TV series ever. It is truly one of the more gutsy and original ideas television has seen in decades. I agree that it is not for everyone, especially those who are lazy, of low intellect and lack imagination. There has never been anything on television like LOST before, and it is surely a phenomenon that will never be duplicated This is one of the best written, best casted and best acted TV series ever. It is truly one of the more gutsy and original ideas television has seen in decades. I agree that it is not for everyone, especially those who are lazy, of low intellect and lack imagination. There has never been anything on television like LOST before, and it is surely a phenomenon that will never be duplicated in the future. I may not support every writer in the guild who is on strike but these guys deserve everything they are asking for and more. Expand
  24. JoelB.
    Mar 3, 2008
    Amazing...The twists hit me harder with each and every episode. I just hope that Abrams and Lindelof know where the hell it's going.
  25. AdamG.
    Mar 6, 2008
    Lost has become the best show this season .....period!
  26. HarryB.
    May 30, 2008
    Having now viewed the entirety of season four, I can now say with authority that Lost is as stimulating and thought-provoking as it was in the first season. That final moment...I'm not sure how they'll top that, or explain what happened, but I can't wait to find out - and that is the measure of ANY show.
  27. E.B.
    Jan 31, 2008
    Simply the best show on television.
  28. Richard
    Jan 31, 2008
    One of the best shows on TV. Can have less mysteries though; much of the show leaves you confused.
  29. JasonS.
    Feb 10, 2008
    Lost is one of the most original tv shows on today. It ahs amazing writing and the actors are great on it.
  30. MichelG.
    Feb 1, 2008
    I'll confess I was about to give up on this one, which seemed to be more and more lost in the meanders of its own forced complexities. The start of this fourth season, with its fairly brilliant writing and much needed refocusing, reminded me of the reasons why I got hitched to it in the first place, in Season One.
  31. SusanM.
    Feb 10, 2008
    Season 4 has me so hooked, I don't know how I'll wait another week when each episode is over. This is one of the most creative shows I have ever seen. I can't believe that the reviewers who rated Lost a 0 have ever watched it. Maybe they're just mad that they can't understand it. The performances are excellent, led by the superb Matthew Fox. Lost is sweet, Season 4 has me so hooked, I don't know how I'll wait another week when each episode is over. This is one of the most creative shows I have ever seen. I can't believe that the reviewers who rated Lost a 0 have ever watched it. Maybe they're just mad that they can't understand it. The performances are excellent, led by the superb Matthew Fox. Lost is sweet, excruciating pleasure. Expand
  32. ChristianP.
    Feb 10, 2008
    The skill of the writers, directors, actors, and producers becomes clearer and clearer with every episode. They've created their own game of chess with the complexity of the characters, back stories, front stories, allusions, imagery, and their meticulous attention to detail. I completely trust where they are going with this. The questions just keep coming up, which I believe is the The skill of the writers, directors, actors, and producers becomes clearer and clearer with every episode. They've created their own game of chess with the complexity of the characters, back stories, front stories, allusions, imagery, and their meticulous attention to detail. I completely trust where they are going with this. The questions just keep coming up, which I believe is the whole appeal of the show. To give it all away may feel rewarding to some, but it would destroy the mythology of the show and would be a cheap "out" for the creators, who obviously put their heart and soul into this project. Expand
  33. GabrielA.
    Feb 1, 2008
    One Word: Disappointing... Every minute I was hoping that something would make it get better, but unfortunantly it didn't... I seems that Lost is over... I'll keep watching it, because of the dozens of hours I spent... Season 1 will always be the best... Season 2 was good, but now as good as the previous, Season 3 sucked, and it seems that Season 4 will take the same way.
  34. BruceS.
    Feb 16, 2008
    This is f*kin awesome I really like this show, the best show on american tv.
  35. AnneH.
    Feb 17, 2008
    I have watched Lost from the first season. It truly is a unique show. This show makes you think about what you are seeing and hearing. You can't just sit there and let your mind wander as I find myself doing during other shows.
  36. JayH.
    Feb 2, 2008
    Lost was truly an incredible experience. Amanda, you have to be kidding with your comment that Lost is drawn out to make money. They have already set a cap for three more seasons 16 episodes each. It will end with a total of six seasons, much less than the currently running Law and Order series and previously ended Friends.
  37. RR
    Feb 4, 2008
    This show lost its way with season 2 and the beginning of season 3. But ever since they announced that there is an end date in sight (no more filler episodes) this show has gotten unbelievable. And I anticipate the rest of this season will be more so.
  38. CooperH
    Feb 6, 2008
    Easily one of the best things to happen to TV. More answers are arriving, the characters play off of each other perfectly, even more characters are being introduced, there's more action but it's added in perfect doses, the writing is brilliant, and it's just flat-out enjoyable to watch. Keep watching this season for those of you who are losing hope: this show is GOING somewhere.
  39. GeorgeK.
    Mar 1, 2008
    Lost is finally living up to its potential.
  40. Ethan
    Mar 14, 2008
    This show has already made history; it's just a question of how much. "The X-Files" went on for too long and ultimately imploded. On the other side of the coin, "Babylon 5" set a five-season goal from the beginning for its storyline, but the realities of network television dealt it some nasty blows. In the end, neither show reached its considerable potential. The creators of "Lost" This show has already made history; it's just a question of how much. "The X-Files" went on for too long and ultimately imploded. On the other side of the coin, "Babylon 5" set a five-season goal from the beginning for its storyline, but the realities of network television dealt it some nasty blows. In the end, neither show reached its considerable potential. The creators of "Lost" are on fire in S4, which is easily the best since S1 -- possibly better. Agreeing with ABC on an end date was a smart move. This series is moving in for the kill, and I'm confident despite myself that it will get there. Expand
  41. AnthonyK.
    Mar 16, 2008
    Perfect in every single way!!!!!
  42. MartinP.
    Mar 4, 2008
    It's the best show that the TV ever make. I think there will be no other like Lost, because of its suspense, action, drama, humor and -the best- mystery. Amazing premiere!
  43. ElvisP.
    Mar 9, 2008
    This season is even better than ever. Best on television.
  44. Namar
    May 28, 2008
    The best, most complicated/intriguing Show On Television, possibly ever.
  45. thedude
    May 30, 2008
    I really think this might be my all-time favorite television show. I'm in my early thirties, and whenever I start to get sad of what sad fate befell the Star Wars, and now Indiana Jones franchises that were so stellar in my youth, I just remind myself that I'm getting to see that same kind of magic that those had back then right now on tv, in that I'm treated to something I really think this might be my all-time favorite television show. I'm in my early thirties, and whenever I start to get sad of what sad fate befell the Star Wars, and now Indiana Jones franchises that were so stellar in my youth, I just remind myself that I'm getting to see that same kind of magic that those had back then right now on tv, in that I'm treated to something special that will stick with me and I can look back on fondly for the rest of my life. It's true, I don't know if they'll come up with a satisfying answer for all the questions, and the show has definitely had its ups and downs, but just when I start to lose faith in it, it pulls me back in. I feel the first and fourth seasons have been the most consistent. The second was disappointing till Ben picked it up, and the third was really bad until they ramped it up for the last five or six episodes, but now the fourth season really only had one or two episodes I didn't thoroughly enjoy. I'm glad they set the 6 season limit, as they really seem to be moving the story along at a nice pace now, but I will be so sad when that day comes that it finally ends. Got to savor it while it lasts. Will they ever come up with a satisfying explanation for the numbers? I will be shocked if they do, but even if the pay-off isn't all there, the ride has been well worth it. Expand
  46. DavidB.
    Jun 27, 2008
    Best Season since the brilliant first, so fast paced and plus we get loads of answers. Cast were at there best in this season. Bring on Jan 09.
  47. TyB.
    Jan 31, 2008
    Wow! what an episode! By far one of the better episodes I've ever watched.
  48. B.Q.
    Feb 1, 2008
    Hey, Amanda P. Unlike most shows on TV, Lost has a set end date after 3 more abbreviated seasons. The writers have always maintained that they have known the narrative arc of the show from the beginning. Meaning that 'this thing' isnt being drawn out just to make money. Lost is a very tough show to follow if you want to get the most out of it, and it isnt everyone's cup of Hey, Amanda P. Unlike most shows on TV, Lost has a set end date after 3 more abbreviated seasons. The writers have always maintained that they have known the narrative arc of the show from the beginning. Meaning that 'this thing' isnt being drawn out just to make money. Lost is a very tough show to follow if you want to get the most out of it, and it isnt everyone's cup of tea. But those who do are rewarded with some of the most intricate and intellectually stimulating writing on TV, along with some outstanding performances. If you dont 'get' Lost.. then fine, dont watch it. If you want to criticize it for being elitist pop-philosophy then fine... please write a well reasoned critique. But please spare us your knee-jerk judgements. And no matter what you think of the show, it has writers and actors who actually try, unlike alot of crap on TV, so lets try to save the '1' votes for something truly horrid. Id like to wait and see how the season develops and how the 'flash-forward' technique works before putting in my two cents... but then again, someone has to negate the Amanda P.'s out there. Expand
  49. JimH
    Feb 18, 2008
    After three full seasons, we're still worried that this show might veer from spooky, atmospheric strangeness into total silliness - but it hasn't yet. And it just may be that the show's originality and strangeness so far will make up for any and all future disappointments.
  50. DavidT
    Best TV show ever!
  51. Jeff
    Feb 2, 2008
    A.L, you are a moron who has clearly never even watched Lost. It's NOTHING like a "soap opera on an island". It's a well-crafted, incredible mystery/drama that will keep you on the edge of your seat. Bad acting? Oh right, that's why Terry O'Quinn won the EMMY this past year for his role on it and why Michael Emerson was nominated in the same category. The Beginning of A.L, you are a moron who has clearly never even watched Lost. It's NOTHING like a "soap opera on an island". It's a well-crafted, incredible mystery/drama that will keep you on the edge of your seat. Bad acting? Oh right, that's why Terry O'Quinn won the EMMY this past year for his role on it and why Michael Emerson was nominated in the same category. The Beginning of the End proved that Lost is back in full speed and better than ever, can't wait for the rest of the season. Expand
  52. RuiB.
    Feb 21, 2008
    It is getting very confusing. Lots of BAD answers to the original questions. Weak resolutions for the polar bears, Jacob, the Numbers. The only reason I keep watching it is because I gave up on considering it a master piece, and started watching it because of the individual stories. As an escape-the-island show, it is GREAT. But it is nothing like what producers have promised/made us think.
  53. BrianF.
    Feb 22, 2008
    Unbelievable! One of the most profound shows of our generation.
  54. EthanR.
    Feb 2, 2008
    Best show on T.V. Hands down.
  55. JackR.
    Feb 29, 2008
    It's a great show, and very compelling. I wouldn't hold the lack of explanations against them until the series actually ends. The only real problem for me with this show is some of the acting. If they would do away with the awful actors, this drama would be damn near flawless.
  56. BJ
    Feb 3, 2008
    One of the great things about Lost is that they've been able to answer a lot of questions while at the same time bringing up new ones. It get me excited each week. And I'm glad there's some good new shows coming up since 24 won't be on this season. I like the "flash forward" scenes although if they do it every week, it might get stale. We'll see won't we!
  57. AaronF.
    Feb 3, 2008
    great season opener.
  58. MarvinS
    Feb 5, 2008
    Season Four shows why Lost is one of the best and smartest shows on T.V. It doesn't dumb down its writing to appeal to everyone, making every scene something to pay attention to and study. If you happen to be one of those lucky viewers you'll be glad its back.
  59. CoryG
    Mar 14, 2008
    Flawless. With every question answered arises two new ones, and this is what keeps me going.
  60. Manresaxxxx
    Mar 18, 2008
    I don't really understand that IMPATIENT people who always tries to see the result immediately.As Cinema and Film -making is an art,?f you don't like it, don't watch it.But you should be respectful to the ones who does.I must say that nobody understood Van Gogh in his time as well, but later he became precious. I guess that who gave this show 0 or 1 are impatient, I don't really understand that IMPATIENT people who always tries to see the result immediately.As Cinema and Film -making is an art,?f you don't like it, don't watch it.But you should be respectful to the ones who does.I must say that nobody understood Van Gogh in his time as well, but later he became precious. I guess that who gave this show 0 or 1 are impatient, didn't get it or not the show, but their view suck. I would like to know which crap they watch instead? at least this show has creativity in it. And the mystery makes it even more cunning.And I don't think this is a deserted island plot,I think island is a metaphor of something more interesting. SHOW MUST GO ON!!!! Expand
  61. ZaneS.
    Mar 23, 2008
    This show is AMAZING. Although season 2 was the best, season 4 is pretty good too - it's making up for season 3, which was a bit bumpy. So far, it's answering many of its questions, but it doesn't raise that much anymore.
  62. RobertC.
    Mar 26, 2008
    One of the best and most entertaining shows on TV in years! If you like puzzles and mysteries than this show is for you-if you like quick answers than this show is not for you! Some of the questions brought up in season 1 have yet to be explained but that is part of the fun.
  63. BrianM.
    Mar 3, 2008
    It's seven torturous days between episodes. Each one ending with more questions and occasionally a few answers. I don't need to know where it's going or have all my questions answered. I'm just enjoying the ride.
  64. MattM.
    Mar 7, 2008
    Even its "worst" episodes are better than 95% of everything else on TV. Yeah it has had a couple of low points but all in all with the emotion, suspense, character development this is among the best-ever of TV series. BTW - I think the show works even better watching eps back to back on DVD.
  65. RickM.
    Apr 12, 2008
    Best show on television in quite awhile!
  66. ZachZ.
    Apr 14, 2008
    After a brief struggle in season 3, season 4 is back and better then ever. The story telling has improved vastly, the script is tighter and the acting is as good as ever. If you were ever to start watching Lost, now is the time!
  67. JohnL.
    May 13, 2008
    Absolutely the best show on television. No questions asked.
  68. LiamH.
    Jun 3, 2008
    I really cant wait until the new year for season 5! Season 4 was amazing though!
  69. roberti
    Dec 20, 2009
    This anti-"Survivor" reminds us how low reality tv has sunk. Second only to the Sopranos and I Love Lucy in my list of all-time tv faves, Lost manages to take you to the brink every time...full-production television at its very, very best.
  70. ZacW
    Oct 6, 2009
    This is the greatest show that has ever been on television. The way Lost makes me feel when i watch it, whether I am angry at the characters, sad, filled with joy or mystery... Very few forms of media have ever been able to make me feel this way. The theme is extremely varied from the innocent mystery of season one but this is good. Lost would not have made it this far if it kept to the This is the greatest show that has ever been on television. The way Lost makes me feel when i watch it, whether I am angry at the characters, sad, filled with joy or mystery... Very few forms of media have ever been able to make me feel this way. The theme is extremely varied from the innocent mystery of season one but this is good. Lost would not have made it this far if it kept to the mood and basic plot of the first season. Each season is innovative and fresh, and this makes Lost a standout television show above all others. Expand
  71. MarylynL
    Sep 21, 2009
    I just started watching Lost a bit more than a week ago. I am currently on the 4th Season, so far I feel it has been the weakest, but seems to be getting better. Lost is the most brilliant written tv series I have ever seen. I can't believe I haven't been watching it!!!
  72. Hunter
    Jan 31, 2008
    First episode will probably give me insomnia tonight.
  73. JalexD.
    Jan 31, 2008
    Still has me feeling connected to it in a way that no other show has gripped me. The first episode has already revealed so much and played the drama up (in a good way). I can't wait for what's left of the fourth season of this spectacular series!
  74. YoMamma
    Feb 12, 2008
    Amazing
  75. JACOB
    Feb 19, 2008
    LOST is, quite simply, the best show on television and is an experience that should be shared by all.
  76. RobbieB.
    Feb 21, 2008
    Season four is great! Nail-Biting suspense!
  77. BrettP.
    Feb 24, 2008
    Here's what Lost is. Lost is one of the most creative shows on television. The "stranded on a deserted island" plot certainly is old and tired, but Lost rejuvenated it with the help of excellent characters and great plots. Lost is NOT a show that you can pick up in the middle of Season 3 and love it. But that is what makes it great. Any show where that is allowed would have very Here's what Lost is. Lost is one of the most creative shows on television. The "stranded on a deserted island" plot certainly is old and tired, but Lost rejuvenated it with the help of excellent characters and great plots. Lost is NOT a show that you can pick up in the middle of Season 3 and love it. But that is what makes it great. Any show where that is allowed would have very little character development, and the storyline would be incredibly two-dimensional. Lost ensures you understand the show. Season four indeed hangs on tight to this philosophy. If you missed an episode, you'll be clueless about what's going on (why are they off the island?, is that guy a psychic?, etc.). However, if you stick tight, and hang on to the wild ride, you will have a great time. Expand
  78. MaxwellB.
    May 22, 2008
    Great television, plain and simple. One of the best shows TV has seen in a long time. The intense plot line with all it's twists and turns keep the watcher interested until the very end. I recommend it.
  79. MatthewS.
    Mar 19, 2009
    Great Show and Season.... and people who don' like it probably do not understand, or most likely lack the mental ability to comprehend it.
  80. Jun 7, 2012
    Season 4 is an anomaly. It turns you every which way without offering a true north and yet it's great. Yes there are more questions, but at least they're worth getting in to. The pulse of this show remains strong and the story engaging. It's as good as any previous season of Lost and is wonderful to watch with Netflix as you can just pound out each episode without commercials. The newSeason 4 is an anomaly. It turns you every which way without offering a true north and yet it's great. Yes there are more questions, but at least they're worth getting in to. The pulse of this show remains strong and the story engaging. It's as good as any previous season of Lost and is wonderful to watch with Netflix as you can just pound out each episode without commercials. The new characters aren't immediately valuable from a viewers standpoint, but given a little time you'll take to them like they were part of the original crash survivors. There's no reason to stop watching Lost in its fourth season. Expand
  81. Feb 3, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Season 4 of Lost is my favourite Season since the first. Its tighter narrative means less filler, and each scene seems to be of the utmost impotence. The story of the Oceanic Six and the people they've left behind is perhaps Lost's best arc ever.

The off-island flash-forwards change the way the story is told. It's surprising to learn that the Oceanic Six's lives off the island aren't as good as they've hoped. Last Season, Ben asked Jack why he wanted to leave the island so badly. After losing Kate, it turned out Ben was right as Jack develops a pill addiction, feeling morally unsteady since he left so many behind.

Life's not going so well with Hurley, Sayid, and Sun either. Believing that he's dead, he's locked away in a mental institution once again. After reuniting with Nadia, Sayid loses her and finds himself working with an unlikely accomplice, Ben Linus. And Sun had her baby, but is still mourning Jin's death.

The non-linear structure brilliantly sets up the Season finale. We knew where the pieces would be when the Season ended. However, learning how we got there was the fun. I think this is fantastic storytelling and not many shows are bold enough to play their hand right from the outset.

I think "The Constant" is an episode that hugely benefited from the shortened Season. Usually, a big new concept in Lost would be revealed at one point and explained later down the line. Instead, this episode introduces time travel, and it explains exactly how it works with little questions asked. Also, how sweet was the moment when Desmond called Penny? Aw...

This Season also introduces some great new characters whose goal is to hunt down Ben Linus. The stand out from the new recruits has to be Jeremy Davies as Daniel Faraday. He's a physicist who's the only one that isn't absolutely clueless about the island's secrets. He's hilariously awkward, but it's clear he has a good heart, as he actually cares about the survivors, unlike most of his comrades.

The only flaw I can think of this Season is the lack of Jack. He's probably the most instantly likeable and important member, and he's oddly not given a whole lot to do. The only Jack episode of the Season was "Something Nice Back Home", where his appendicitis didn't allow him to do much of anything. Juliet's surgery went fine and the episode didn't amount to a whole lot since Jack was up and running by the Season finale.

Like in Season 3, Season 4 is capped off with a masterful, action-packed two hours of television. "There's No Place Like Home Part 2" was so full of great moments that it's hard to pinpoint them all. After The Others, teamed up with Sayid and Kate, stymie Widmore's gang in an awesome action scene, Ben actually moves the island, causing some odd events to transpire, leading into Season 5.

We also learn exactly why everyone was lying to the press about their rescue. And how sad was Jin's death? Kim Yoon-jin rally sold her performance as an emotionally destroyed Sun. The sadness is later contrasted by Desmond and Penny's touching reunion.

And the Jeremy Bentham mystery is resolved in the final seconds of this phenomenal episode. Richard saying John Locke had to die seemed to be unfortunately true. Though, any fan can probably guess that this isn't Locke's last scene.

Season 4 of Lost is the first Season to benefit from a clear vision and a leaner narrative. Unlike previous Seasons, it's hard to feel frustrated at any point during this run. With the final two chapters coming up, let's hope Lost continues at this outstanding pace.
  82. Jan 7, 2013
    Lost is the only show I know where seemingly secondary characters take charge of matters for whole episodes and you feel like the story must be about them. The Constant comes to mind, which is my second favorite episode after Walkabout. Some reason should have been given for the hostility of Naomi's companions towards the inhabitants of the island. Locke believes they are hostile, but theLost is the only show I know where seemingly secondary characters take charge of matters for whole episodes and you feel like the story must be about them. The Constant comes to mind, which is my second favorite episode after Walkabout. Some reason should have been given for the hostility of Naomi's companions towards the inhabitants of the island. Locke believes they are hostile, but the viewers are given no reason to agree. If the writers had used foreshadowing to hint us about the newcomers' intentions, the plot would have felt like it had arisen naturally from what had preceded instead of feeling contrived. It seemed the writers came up with this particular plot line well into the third season. Why would anyone want to look for such a Godforsaken place is beyond me. The writers should have expanded upon Ben's background and told us a little bit about the source of the conflict with Whidmore. That would have spiked my interest considerably. I think the Lost team had no reason to give at this point as they had not come up with it yet. Expand
  83. Oct 9, 2013
    Spectacular television. Full of emotion and curiosity, Lost is mind bending and exciting. The narrative is so well written and full of questions so you certainly have to give it your full attention.
  84. Nov 7, 2013
    The fourth season of Lost lives up to the critically-acclaimed spirit of Season 1, improving its character development, emotional brutality, and suspense thrills into a huge level of appreciation. It contains many of the best episodes and many of the shocking twists/turns in the whole series, and it expands its emotional connection to its protagonists, better than ever. Its flash-forwardThe fourth season of Lost lives up to the critically-acclaimed spirit of Season 1, improving its character development, emotional brutality, and suspense thrills into a huge level of appreciation. It contains many of the best episodes and many of the shocking twists/turns in the whole series, and it expands its emotional connection to its protagonists, better than ever. Its flash-forward section is yet another new addition to the season, as the current events reveals the group of survivors, who is now split into two, as they confront a new bigger threat, than just the Others or the black smoke monster, and it also reveals how some of the survivors get off the island and come back into real society, but can't manage to cope with it, after the disastrous events, foreshadowing a couple of hints that shock me, until at the end of the season finale. From the promising events of the season premiere to the shocking moments of the season finale, I was hungry for more by watching the last two seasons of Lost. The fourth season is what you expect: expanded, impressive, and a complete riot. Expand
  85. Oct 27, 2013
    I think is the second best season of all the show. Well done the work about how the Oceanic 6 are rescued. Perfectly written. The acting is so intense for Jack, Kate, Hurley, John, Ben, Sawyer, Sun. Well done.One of the best TV shows of all times!!
  86. Dec 3, 2013
    Awesome t.v. series! The best I have ever seen. Great acting from an enormous ensemble, interesting characters with plenty of character development, cool mysteries, and intense action all add up to a great show that beats the hell out of Breaking Bad.
  87. Oct 2, 2014
    Для меня это последний сезон Лоста, во время которого у меня не возникало желания как следует поспать.
  88. Nov 26, 2014
    Tenía mis dudas sobre si esta temporada iba a decaer o algo, pero en absoluto ha sido así.
    Los primeros capítulos son buenos a secas, el quinto es genial y a partir del séptimo se vuelve genial. Es la temporada mas corta pero quizás así se quitaron de encima mas capítulos de relleno. Personalmente me encanta esta serie, realmente te tiene enganchado en cada capítulo.
    Ya solo quedan dos
    Ya solo quedan dos temporadas...
  89. Aug 15, 2014
    great show but i found this one a little worse than they others it was still great just not as good it was a little worse than season 2 overall lost is still great my ratting 8.6/10.

I blissfully enjoyed every minute of Lost’s smashing Season 4 start.
  2. ABC's dense, unblinking and occasionally surreal tale of plane-crash survivors on a strange tropical island moves into its fourth season Thursday with its compass still in good working order.
  3. Reviewed by: Diane Werts
    This stuff is good. No, superb.