Lost : Season 4

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
8.6

1. VladM.
    Feb 4, 2008
    I wonder what happened to this show. It started out so good and over time just got worse and worse. Nothing interesting happens anymore. I watched season 4 premier and it seems that I've learned ABSOLUTELY nothing from where they left off. This show is simply overrated now.
  2. May 25, 2013
    Following the cracking season three finale expectations were high for this slightly shortened season four, fortunately it mostly delivered.

Throughout the season new characters were introduced as Lost's universe is expanded outside of life on the island and the 'flash-forward' technique gradually revealed the ultimate fates of some of the original survivors. With the end goal now firmly insight Lost yet again made for compulsive viewing and watching the show on DVD certainly makes it easier to comprehend the complex plot. Now if only we could find out the answers to some of those long lingering questions!
  3. StevenR.
    Feb 4, 2008
    I just want to say that A. L.'s review is ridiculous. You say the actors have no real health problems. That's crazy. First off if you watched the shows you would know that the island has healing powers. Also, people still do have health problems occasionally. Why do you think Jack is always fixing people up. Don't give the show a 0 when you obviously haven't seen more I just want to say that A. L.'s review is ridiculous. You say the actors have no real health problems. That's crazy. First off if you watched the shows you would know that the island has healing powers. Also, people still do have health problems occasionally. Why do you think Jack is always fixing people up. Don't give the show a 0 when you obviously haven't seen more than 2 minutes of it. Expand
  4. JudyT
    Mar 11, 2008
    Lost was a great premise, plane crash, lots of people with stories, mysterious island. But its beginning to get lost in its own scientific mumble-jumble. Like the Matrix trilogy at little science to gloss the fantasy and story-telling is good a lot of science, very little fantasy and uninteresting or too many stories is what kills it.
  5. Jan 12, 2011
    Not sure why user rating is higher for season 4 then season 3. This is where the show took somewhat of a downturn for me. Some episodes were a little boring. While hard to follow Season 1, 2 and 3 at least tried. With Season 4 I wasn't a big fan of the flash forwards.
  6. Oct 16, 2013
    Although still gripping season four just doesn't have writing that is on par with the other seasons. It focuses too much on the mystery of the island and not as much on surviving and the characters themselves. Despite being good that definitely makes it weaker.
  7. DerekR.
    Feb 26, 2008
    A new season brings new questions. No answers to previous questions. I'm getting sick of it.
  8. MaryK.
    May 12, 2008
    The show, while entertaining even at its worst, does not merit the high praise that so-called respectable publications have doled out. The problem simmering at the center of Lost is the lack of direction. Even now, with season 4 winding to a close, and with the promise of the writers that they do, indeed, know where they are going with the plot, it seems to me as if the storyline has The show, while entertaining even at its worst, does not merit the high praise that so-called respectable publications have doled out. The problem simmering at the center of Lost is the lack of direction. Even now, with season 4 winding to a close, and with the promise of the writers that they do, indeed, know where they are going with the plot, it seems to me as if the storyline has become suspended. As if the writers came up with a hasty conclusion when interrogated and are now trying to span it over the last three seasons. Furthermore, it seems as if they've just dropped important plot lines from the first two seasons in favor of plot that (easily) could have been introduced before, but I'm skeptical that they existed at that early stage. Basically, the show seems haphazardly done now, relying on Locke or Ben to say something stimulating, or throwing in a familiar face during a flashback, or Jin with the panda bear. Lost has reduced itself to cheap tricks. Expand
  9. RoryO.
    Jul 1, 2008
    Could have been so much more than what it was. What once took 1 episode to take place now can take 4 or 5 episodes as they drag the show on and on and on.
  10. SamS.
    Feb 9, 2008
    Lost lost me on this one. It's tough to care about what's happening on screen when there's no way to know the consequences of anybody's actions. I don't know what the island is, how it's relevent to the outside world, why the characters are important, or why the island itself is important. They spent the second episode introducing 3 new nerds which are Lost lost me on this one. It's tough to care about what's happening on screen when there's no way to know the consequences of anybody's actions. I don't know what the island is, how it's relevent to the outside world, why the characters are important, or why the island itself is important. They spent the second episode introducing 3 new nerds which are supposedly a threat to the island or Ben, but gave no reason why. As usual the great acting and a few well written moments saved the show from being unbearable, but I think I'm done. I just don't care any more. Expand
  11. AmandaP.
    Jan 31, 2008
    This thing seems to be drawn out just to make money. I can't bother to watch it anymore.
  12. AdamP
    Sep 18, 2009
    Lost is lost. Still entertaining, but without the tension of the first couple seasons before they left the island. Ever since, the story is full of time travel gimmicks and seems desperate to try to recreate that (lost) mystery.
  13. May 31, 2015
    Best show ever made! Absolutely amazing, best acting, storyline, or plot ever. I don't know one thing wrong with the show because it is the best ever.
  14. A.L.
    Feb 2, 2008
    This is one of the few shows out there that amazes me with its popularity. When the first few episodes aired I was hoping for something along the line of "Cast Away" (which was simply awesome in every way) but what I got was a soap opera set on an island. I generally agree with what the critics have to say but not on this one. Some of the few things that bother me - the acting or if you This is one of the few shows out there that amazes me with its popularity. When the first few episodes aired I was hoping for something along the line of "Cast Away" (which was simply awesome in every way) but what I got was a soap opera set on an island. I generally agree with what the critics have to say but not on this one. Some of the few things that bother me - the acting or if you can call it that, the total lack of realism (the actors seem to have no real health problems at all!), how many people are there on the island now - ten thousand? PS. have they discovered any UFOs on the island yet, or at least have they invented time travel (some call it surreal, I call it unrealistic or even stupid)? Collapse
  15. alexr.
    Mar 6, 2008
    lost is for fags, fans put dildos up their butts, and jerk off at the same time. why can't they just build a boat and swim away dick holes
  16. Nov 19, 2010
    Absolutely fantastic first season. The premise was unique and fascinating, and the ensemble cast was wonderful. I honestly couldn't believe how good this show was. I was hooked, but then their best writer left after season 1, and they proceeded to make those OTHER seasons. The fact is that the remaining writers never even came close to recapturing the clever storytelling of season 1. TheAbsolutely fantastic first season. The premise was unique and fascinating, and the ensemble cast was wonderful. I honestly couldn't believe how good this show was. I was hooked, but then their best writer left after season 1, and they proceeded to make those OTHER seasons. The fact is that the remaining writers never even came close to recapturing the clever storytelling of season 1. The additions to the cast starting in season 2 were all disasters, and from that season onward the writers just seemed to have no solid direction whatsoever for the story. By the end of the series, it established itself as one of the greatest disappointments in television history. Expand
  17. Dec 4, 2010
    Lost is beginning to Lose It. The same mistake made here was made in Heroes season 4 also. Too many plot-lines and not enough time to keep up with them all. Kudos for an intricate weaving of story-lines but in this case the KISS rule needed to be remembered. Keep It Simple Stupid. The story-lines themselves didn't go over our heads. That's not the simplification that was needed but ratherLost is beginning to Lose It. The same mistake made here was made in Heroes season 4 also. Too many plot-lines and not enough time to keep up with them all. Kudos for an intricate weaving of story-lines but in this case the KISS rule needed to be remembered. Keep It Simple Stupid. The story-lines themselves didn't go over our heads. That's not the simplification that was needed but rather the sheer volume of them needed to be decreased so as to keep up with them every episode. The flash-forwards and flash-backs needed to be titled such as '1 year from now'. It wasn't obvious whether the scene was forward or backward making the series a bit of a flop. Jack Shephard played by Matthew Fox finally becomes fallible, however he falls too hard, too fast with seemingly little reason and his discovery that baby Aaron is his nephew hardly has any response attached to it. Kate Austen played by Evangeline Lilly becomes mum to baby Aaron. This is not even slightly believable and in the doing the character becomes unlikeable and overly self-righteous. This season - FAIL. We can only hope the writers get it together for season 5. Expand
  18. Oct 19, 2013
    after three good seasons the fourth starts falling income, from here the series starts making secrets and intrigue boring and somewhat meaningless and it made me very angry.
  19. SheaM.
    Feb 4, 2008
    It's still worth watching if you've been keeping up on it. It's doing a great job of keeping you on your toes (flash forwards) while giving you enough of a handle on the characters "reality". I'll be watching every episode through till the finish for sure.
  20. MelS.
    Feb 2, 2008
    This has to one of the most captivating, complex, and intense TV shows I'd ever seen. It keeps you shocked and begging for more. By the way the season premiere was presented, this might the best season of Lost yet!
  21. JeniaS
    Jan 31, 2008
    The first episode of season 4 is as emotional, mysterious, and intense as Lost has ever been. Every loose end from Season 3's finale has been tied down, and a whole season's worth of new questions seem to be just over the horizon. With writing and acting of this caliber, it seems like there could be nothing more to hope for, let alone ask.
  22. C.B.
    Feb 13, 2008
    Awesome. Amazing. Fantastic. Superb.
  23. TimJ.
    Feb 7, 2008
    This is one of the best written, best casted and best acted TV series ever. It is truly one of the more gutsy and original ideas television has seen in decades. I agree that it is not for everyone, especially those who are lazy, of low intellect and lack imagination. There has never been anything on television like LOST before, and it is surely a phenomenon that will never be duplicated This is one of the best written, best casted and best acted TV series ever. It is truly one of the more gutsy and original ideas television has seen in decades. I agree that it is not for everyone, especially those who are lazy, of low intellect and lack imagination. There has never been anything on television like LOST before, and it is surely a phenomenon that will never be duplicated in the future. I may not support every writer in the guild who is on strike but these guys deserve everything they are asking for and more. Expand
  24. JoelB.
    Mar 3, 2008
    Amazing...The twists hit me harder with each and every episode. I just hope that Abrams and Lindelof know where the hell it's going.
  25. AdamG.
    Mar 6, 2008
    Lost has become the best show this season .....period!
  26. HarryB.
    May 30, 2008
    Having now viewed the entirety of season four, I can now say with authority that Lost is as stimulating and thought-provoking as it was in the first season. That final moment...I'm not sure how they'll top that, or explain what happened, but I can't wait to find out - and that is the measure of ANY show.
  27. E.B.
    Jan 31, 2008
    Simply the best show on television.
  28. Richard
    Jan 31, 2008
    One of the best shows on TV. Can have less mysteries though; much of the show leaves you confused.
  29. JasonS.
    Feb 10, 2008
    Lost is one of the most original tv shows on today. It ahs amazing writing and the actors are great on it.
  30. MichelG.
    Feb 1, 2008
    I'll confess I was about to give up on this one, which seemed to be more and more lost in the meanders of its own forced complexities. The start of this fourth season, with its fairly brilliant writing and much needed refocusing, reminded me of the reasons why I got hitched to it in the first place, in Season One.

I blissfully enjoyed every minute of Lost’s smashing Season 4 start.
  2. ABC's dense, unblinking and occasionally surreal tale of plane-crash survivors on a strange tropical island moves into its fourth season Thursday with its compass still in good working order.
  3. Reviewed by: Diane Werts
    This stuff is good. No, superb.