Lost : Season 4

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
8.6

1. JudyT
    Mar 11, 2008
    Lost was a great premise, plane crash, lots of people with stories, mysterious island. But its beginning to get lost in its own scientific mumble-jumble. Like the Matrix trilogy at little science to gloss the fantasy and story-telling is good a lot of science, very little fantasy and uninteresting or too many stories is what kills it.
  2. RoryO.
    Jul 1, 2008
    Could have been so much more than what it was. What once took 1 episode to take place now can take 4 or 5 episodes as they drag the show on and on and on.
  3. AdamP
    Sep 18, 2009
    Lost is lost. Still entertaining, but without the tension of the first couple seasons before they left the island. Ever since, the story is full of time travel gimmicks and seems desperate to try to recreate that (lost) mystery.
  4. Dec 4, 2010
    Lost is beginning to Lose It. The same mistake made here was made in Heroes season 4 also. Too many plot-lines and not enough time to keep up with them all. Kudos for an intricate weaving of story-lines but in this case the KISS rule needed to be remembered. Keep It Simple Stupid. The story-lines themselves didn't go over our heads. That's not the simplification that was needed but ratherLost is beginning to Lose It. The same mistake made here was made in Heroes season 4 also. Too many plot-lines and not enough time to keep up with them all. Kudos for an intricate weaving of story-lines but in this case the KISS rule needed to be remembered. Keep It Simple Stupid. The story-lines themselves didn't go over our heads. That's not the simplification that was needed but rather the sheer volume of them needed to be decreased so as to keep up with them every episode. The flash-forwards and flash-backs needed to be titled such as '1 year from now'. It wasn't obvious whether the scene was forward or backward making the series a bit of a flop. Jack Shephard played by Matthew Fox finally becomes fallible, however he falls too hard, too fast with seemingly little reason and his discovery that baby Aaron is his nephew hardly has any response attached to it. Kate Austen played by Evangeline Lilly becomes mum to baby Aaron. This is not even slightly believable and in the doing the character becomes unlikeable and overly self-righteous. This season - FAIL. We can only hope the writers get it together for season 5. Expand
  5. Oct 19, 2013
    after three good seasons the fourth starts falling income, from here the series starts making secrets and intrigue boring and somewhat meaningless and it made me very angry.
  6. SamS.
    Feb 9, 2008
    Lost lost me on this one. It's tough to care about what's happening on screen when there's no way to know the consequences of anybody's actions. I don't know what the island is, how it's relevent to the outside world, why the characters are important, or why the island itself is important. They spent the second episode introducing 3 new nerds which are Lost lost me on this one. It's tough to care about what's happening on screen when there's no way to know the consequences of anybody's actions. I don't know what the island is, how it's relevent to the outside world, why the characters are important, or why the island itself is important. They spent the second episode introducing 3 new nerds which are supposedly a threat to the island or Ben, but gave no reason why. As usual the great acting and a few well written moments saved the show from being unbearable, but I think I'm done. I just don't care any more. Expand
  7. DerekR.
    Feb 26, 2008
    A new season brings new questions. No answers to previous questions. I'm getting sick of it.

I blissfully enjoyed every minute of Lost’s smashing Season 4 start.
  2. ABC's dense, unblinking and occasionally surreal tale of plane-crash survivors on a strange tropical island moves into its fourth season Thursday with its compass still in good working order.
  3. Reviewed by: Diane Werts
    This stuff is good. No, superb.