Lost : Season 6

• Series Premiere Date: Sep 22, 2004
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
8.4

1. Jun 7, 2012
    The final season of Lost offers the most inconsistency and least amount of mystery of all the seasons. That being said, it's still mostly fun and worth your time. The series finale is very good, but beware: it won't answer every single question (mostly just the major ones). Every good story needs an ending, and Lost gets a good one that will probably leave fans wanting a little more.The final season of Lost offers the most inconsistency and least amount of mystery of all the seasons. That being said, it's still mostly fun and worth your time. The series finale is very good, but beware: it won't answer every single question (mostly just the major ones). Every good story needs an ending, and Lost gets a good one that will probably leave fans wanting a little more. Alas, we finally can break away and move on to other great shows. But Lost will be remembered as one of the greats, and deservedly so. Props to J.J. Abrams and the writers for keeping it interesting even while giving you a hundred questions and rarely offering even one straight answer. Expand
  2. Oct 24, 2015
    One of the most iconic, mystical and debatable tv-shows ends in a perhaps too rushed way, but that still manage to grip some of the magical aspects that made ‘Lost’ so great.

‘Lost’ have always been about the strong characters. They are often described in a very nuanced, relatable and mystical way but also deep that brings emotion and feel to all of them. The continuous fight between destiny and the already set future is always present and we still get more questions than answers. Lost is a genius example of the human curiosity. We want to know more, and here we are in the sixth season and it still manages to bring such love to both the plot and the beloved characters. It’s always fun to see our main characters in brand new situations and places that we never have visited before. We also get to see new and uncharted territory of some of the characters, and to make one of them a brand new villain is a bold but clever and well welcomed move by the writers. The show might have lost some of the deep characteristic moments that truly defined the show. We don’t see that much depth nor power to the characters anymore, but it’s still there, but not as suspenseful as what it once was.

Full of twist and turns, and packed with teases and hints on what really is going on; that’s ´Lost´. This last installment got of course tone of that, but perhaps a bit less than the previous seasons. But one aspect it got more of, is answers. We see events that transpired seasons ago, get a somewhat explanation to them. We see connections to past events and characters, and it gave the show a sympathetic feel because we really want to get some of them answered. But then again, it might be one of the most debatable shows in the world, so don’t just assume anything. One aspect on the other hand is that it’s definitely not as flawless nor creative than season three to five. The dialogs are one part, and they’re much more “dry” if you can call them that. They try very hard to explain things, and they even feel forced from time to time. The whole ending is actually a bit forced too. The entire ending is just introduced in the last (2-4 ep), and it really is rushed due to non-perfect writing which really is noticeable in the plot and the lack of the ‘Lost-magic’ we have learned to love. The story also lacks that complex and high paced tempo we embraced in the fourth and fifth season. But there are still some strong moments that really defined this last installment; two are definitely the meta-references, and the inside-jokes, they totally made me love this season. Surely, the creativity-department isn’t as great as what is once was, especially with this rushed ending, but it also got a slower tempo and a somewhat less entertaining plot than what season four or five had. But it’s still one of the best in my opinion.

Season six might be a non-perfectional version of four and five. Forced dialogs, lower tempo, lack of creativity, less complex and of course a rushed ending. But I still really enjoyed this last installment, and most surprisingly; the ending! Indeed, it might not have been the ending I was hoping for, but it certainly is a beautiful one! It could have been even better yes, but I loved it! A wonderful, plot-twisty, mystical and fateful ending is exactly what this show really deserves, and what it just got. This is one of the rare tv-shows that I hope everyone will keep close to their hearts. It’s just wonderful.

Overall personal rating for each episode: 8.52/10.
    (-0.20 since S05).

Personal rating: 9/10
    Critical rating: 8/10
  3. Dec 23, 2014
    La última temporada está a la altura de la serie y se despide correctamente.
    Lo único malo es que no dure mas. Serie de 10.
    Haber cual me vuelve a enganchar así...
  4. Oct 9, 2013
    A good season of intertwining plots and moments that paralleled our first meetings with this group of characters we grew to love for years. That is what I enjoyed the most about it, that it was a homage to all things that started this crazy, confusing ride. It is one of the best shows to have ever been made, and yes, it had such a polarized ending but I enjoyed it, it was great. My loveA good season of intertwining plots and moments that paralleled our first meetings with this group of characters we grew to love for years. That is what I enjoyed the most about it, that it was a homage to all things that started this crazy, confusing ride. It is one of the best shows to have ever been made, and yes, it had such a polarized ending but I enjoyed it, it was great. My love for the show triumphed my opinions on its ending. There were some loose ends that I would have liked to have seen wrapped up but I suppose what made Lost work so well was that it was all about questions and curiosity and fate. Fascinating. I'm still fascinated now. Expand
  5. Jan 23, 2013
    I really don't know what happened in this season. I can't say the writers were always going to move in the direction they went eventually. But it was still good, kind of. The writers tried to attribute random happenings to the Monster or the Island. Rules should have been made at the outset as to what each is and what they can do exactly, instead of justifying plot holes like theI really don't know what happened in this season. I can't say the writers were always going to move in the direction they went eventually. But it was still good, kind of. The writers tried to attribute random happenings to the Monster or the Island. Rules should have been made at the outset as to what each is and what they can do exactly, instead of justifying plot holes like the apparitions of Walt to Monster-related incidents. Expand
  6. Mar 1, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I may have recently finished Lost but it won't soon be forgotten. I don't take these words lightly but Lost has solidified itself as one of my favourite shows of all time. Sure, we didn't get all the answers this Season, but with an astounding series finale that has fans talking to this day, the final Season stands out amongst the series' unusually high standards.

If you've read my previous Lost reviews, you're probably surprised to hear how amazed I was with the finale. But looking back, I don't think fully explaining everything would be true to what Lost is. To be perfectly honest, I think it's fitting that Lost kept us guessing all the way to the bitter end. And at the end of the day, who really cares why a statue only has four toes? It's almost hilarious that Lost put me, as the viewer, through an experience similar to Jack Sheppard's throughout the entire series. Constantly demanding answers, until I finally finally realized I should have had more trust in the writers all along.

Notwithstanding, I feel that people who didn't like the finale have a fair argument. Isn't this lazy writing? Did they just pile mystery upon mystery to make up for slow pacing? These are questions that I have no answers to. For me, I think that half of the fun in Lost is the speculation. An hour and 40 minutes of pressing solutions wouldn't be nearly as entertaining as the character-driven "The End" that we were given. Maybe the writers wrote themselves in a corner, and that's all they could give us. However, whether intentional or not, Lost delivered what was the best series closer that I've ever seen, slightly eclipsing Breaking Bad's "Felina".

Whether or not your plot needs were satisfied, after watching "The End", it's almost impossible to argue that Lost doesn't have the best stable of characters out of any TV show. The band of misfits that were given another chance on the island have evolved tremendously under our eyes. If anything proves how deep and flawed these characters, it's the purgatory they've created for themselves. After death, The characters don't choose a world of pure bliss. Instead, they still refuse to let go of the troubles burdening them.

John Locke chose to be the one he was with, yet he couldn't let go of the feeling of not having a father to reach out to. Sawyer reverses his criminal ways but revenge still gives his life purpose, even though he seemingly got his much needed conclusion on the island. Sayid, meanwhile sees himself as nothing more than a murder in his afterlife (it's widely believed that Sayid saw himself like that before coming back to life, and he wanted nothing more than for the Man in Black to kill him so he can be with Nadia). Jack's obsession with fixing things comes to play in the other world too, while he also chose a world where he is still divorced, but this time, he has a son that he hopes won't repeat his same mistakes. These are but a few examples of the letting go that the characters must experience in the finale.

Entertainment of any kind rarely lets my floodgates loose. But I couldn't help myself the moments of pure joy the characters experienced when reuniting with each other. It sounds silly if you've never watched the show (if you haven't, why are you reading this review!) but we've spent over a hundred episodes buying into these characters and their relationships. Sawyer/Juliet and Jin/Sun remembering their experiences were the most potent. I'm welling up even thinking about. The Sayid and Shannon one had to be worst, though. Shannon was one of my least favourite characters and I don't think anyone really bought into their relationship.

The point where I couldn't help but bawl my eyes out over? The poetic ending where the series began. The final moments were hard to watch. Jack's selfless smile as he watched the plane take off reminds us that, although Jack has transformed from a man of science to one of faith, he's still that same character that impacted us as a caring individual since the pilot. And it was great seeing Vincent there, even though he seemed to be there for no apparent reason.

There were multiple stand-outs, but the best episode this Season other than the finale would have to be Richard Alpert's "Ab Aeterno". The episode is a brilliant piece of storytelling that tells us of Richard's intriguing backstory, and more fantastic scenes featuring Jacob and smokie.

The most disappointing episode of the Season was surprisingly close to the end. "Across the Sea" didn't have much of an overall cohesive narrative. On top of that, the pacing was suffocating, with answers frustratingly barely out of reach.

TV shows come and go all the time, and few will be celebrated as much as Lost, with good reason. Its six Seasons proved to me every time that this was something truly special. TV may try, but I don't think a show can ever match Lost's wide range of topics, and the debates they inspired.
  7. Oct 27, 2013
    The best show's finale ever!! What a finale. Amazing & Perfect. No more words. Love the end, it was the most original. Love the fact that old characters return. Perfect, perfect and perfect. So good the Sun & Jim's death, and A+++++ the finale..
  8. Oct 13, 2014
    Lost didnt answer all the questions but it did answer alot lost season 6 fell apart in the middle episodes but it got itself back in the lat 5 or so i thought it was a great way to end a great series.
  9. May 31, 2015
    Best show ever made! Absolutely amazing, best acting, storyline, or plot ever. I don't know one thing wrong with the show because it is the best ever.
  10. Jan 13, 2012
    The ending wasn't what all of us fans were expecting, but it was a fantastically done ending. The story should have made it into 2011, 1 more season would have been good, so they could of made a more proper ending. Still loved every minute of every episode though. Miss the show so much!!!! A MUST SEE show for anybody who has never seen it!!!!!!!!!!!
  11. Dec 3, 2013
    Awesome t.v. series! The best I have ever seen. Great acting from an enormous ensemble, interesting characters with plenty of character development, cool mysteries, and intense action all add up to a great show that beats the hell out of Breaking Bad.
  12. Sep 19, 2010
    ALL ANTICIPATION AND EXCITEMENT, NO CLIMAX!
    ALL ANTICIPATION AND EXCITEMENT, NO CLIMAX!
    After waiting 6 years to find out why the members of Oceanic flight 815 were stranded on an island in the middle of the ocean, and wondering why the Dharma initiative was important (not to mention what they were doing there),trying to discern why time travel was a key element, and many other unanswered threads that had been built over the years. J.J. Abrams and team desired to answer all of our questions by doing the one thing no one hoped for or really expected. They desired not to answer anything but come up with a whole new thread of questions for the final season and answer them as the questions were asked. The season build up was fantastic. Much like the others each episode built on the next much like the rest of the series. However, the ending brought an end that was neither exciting nor fulfilling. All in all, a huge let done to a fantastic story.
  13. Dec 27, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Time To Let Go

â
  14. Jan 31, 2014
    I'm a big fan of series, i saw dexter, prison break, breaking bad and many series of this decade, but Lost are a serie at a was a great expectation to see.
    i love all the seasons and the episodes of the serie, it i all expected, have action, fights, desperate peoples, bad peoples, black smokes, pollar bears, crazy scientists, pretty womans, good actors, photography, geniality, ...
    But
    But was much have fixed me, has the love, friendship, human capacity in take care of another peoples don't matter if you never seen there before and the highest value of all, the faith, despite everything, everything will end ok, those things are really bad, but you have try to fixed that.
    You never will die alone, and that people you love, the people that you live together, will always be your biggest fuel is that you will have up after when it's over, so even if I never see you again there is still the possibility to see you in another life brother!

it's my frank conclusions of the serie LOST
  15. Dec 9, 2010
    The Greatest Show of ALL-TIME!! While it wasnt the ending i had envisioned, it was still satisfying, very much so. Jack Shephard became the hero he was always meant to be. The bitter-sweet ending made me cry. The story telling is so nuanced that you can interpret it how you would and no one could tell you that you were wrong.

There are no critic reviews yet.