• Network: ABC
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 22, 2004
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7
8.1

1. Dec 9, 2010
    The Greatest Show of ALL-TIME!! While it wasnt the ending i had envisioned, it was still satisfying, very much so. Jack Shephard became the hero he was always meant to be. The bitter-sweet ending made me cry. The story telling is so nuanced that you can interpret it how you would and no one could tell you that you were wrong.
  2. Oct 29, 2010
    The previous Seasons have a luxury of throwing out anything that seems cool and mysterious and not have to worry about the consequences. These things in past episodes were cool because they often imply an awesome story that has yet been told. Jack's "we have to go back" implies a LOT of fantastic story is yet to come next Season and that ended up being disappointing and not making muchThe previous Seasons have a luxury of throwing out anything that seems cool and mysterious and not have to worry about the consequences. These things in past episodes were cool because they often imply an awesome story that has yet been told. Jack's "we have to go back" implies a LOT of fantastic story is yet to come next Season and that ended up being disappointing and not making much sense. Ben and Witmore's confrontation was cool because it implied there was an awesome story yet to be told, that also ended up being disappointing. Now with Season 6, the pressure is stronger than ever to tie up all the mysteries and plot threads, everything that was hinted as being important in the past 5 Seasons as being important, and making a coherent story out of it. It failed miserably. Season 6 has proved that Lost writers are good at setting up things that sound cool and mysteries but actually have no idea how to answer these mysteries. Back in the day, any writing good or bad can be excused as "oh it's a mystery" but Season 6 is the Season where it all has to pay off, or the whole thing, every bit of mystery that was ever cool, the Island, the Others, the Numbers, Smoke monster etc, will come crashing down under it's own weight, and that is exactly what happened. The writers painted themselves into a corner and lied about having the answers, so they decided with Season 6 to introduce a couple of demi-gods and say everything was "magic" or "it didn't matter". I"m not kidding, that really is what they did. I wouldn't even have minded if the ultimate answer to a lot of these were fantastic in nature, but at the very least I expect them to have a coherent inner logic. They didn't. The main villain of Season 6, the Man in Black, at the end of the series we still don't even know why he's the villain. His motivation? Dunno. Reason? Dunno. What he'll do after he leaves the island? Dunno. Not only does this make the plot absolutely incomprehensible (and not in a good way) we also have to deal with another one of Lost's annoying traits; People never ask questions. This has almost become a running joke in Lost, that people never ask questions, or are too easily convinced by arguments that are ridiculously unconvincing. Back in Season 1, they had no one to ask but Ethan, and he was gunned down before they could. Season 2, they met the Others but were too stupid to ask just wtf is the island. Season 3, they LIVED with the Others, and still didn't care to ask about anything. Season 4, holy **** **** on a stick they destroyed the Others and had Ben hostage. No? Still nothing? Season 5, aside from not asking anything about Time travel and just being led by the nose from place to place, they still failed to ask any questions that were of any importance. John Locke asked "Why am I important", he was told "Because you are", and he was satisfied. Season 6, even the Others were revealed to be fools who knew nothing (a fact that made no sense given their prior actions) the Losties found themselves in the presence of two demi-gods and STILL didn't ask anything. They were happy to risk their lives and die for things they didn't even understand. These characters take orders, without understanding any of them, and instead of asking "why" always asks "how". Idiots!

It was sad to see the original conflict of "Man of Science, Man of Faith", being turned into "Man of Blind Faith ftw". Lost's circle of ignorance spread from the Losties, to revealing the Others (yes those mysterious omnipotent omnipresent omnibenevolent Others) knew nothing, to Widmore's crew knowing nothing, to the high commanding leaders of the Others (Ben, Richard, Japanese dude) knowing nothing, to finally revealing that even the demi-gods they were serving (Jacob, MIB) also knew nothing. If there was an episode on the Mother she probably was only told bits of info too by some greater douche that would also turn out to know nothing. It seems that no one knew what the hell was going on, not even the writers. If Lost Season 6 managed to answer most of the major mysteries and explain away some behaviour of characters that didn't make any sense it could've been one of the best TV series ever made. But no, it decided to answer none of that and give us a sappy after life ending saying "nothing mattered, they all went to heaven". The answer to the island is that "it was a cork". The **** kind of answer is that? An answer doesn't count as an answer unless it can make sense and answer many other smaller questions related to the primary answer of "what is the island". We don't need everything spelled out, but it needs to make SOME SENSE. What you want is to have multiple theories that all make sense, not 80 theories that make 0 sense.
  3. May 25, 2011
    Best show ever made! Absolutely amazing, best acting, storyline, or plot ever. I don't know one thing wrong with the show because it is the best ever. The End was amazing, all that you could wish for q show...even better. I will miss it!
  4. Nov 19, 2010
    Absolutely fantastic first season. The premise was unique and fascinating, and the ensemble cast was wonderful. I honestly couldn't believe how good this show was. I was hooked, but then their best writer left after season 1, and they proceeded to make those OTHER seasons. The fact is that the remaining writers never even came close to recapturing the clever storytelling of season 1. TheAbsolutely fantastic first season. The premise was unique and fascinating, and the ensemble cast was wonderful. I honestly couldn't believe how good this show was. I was hooked, but then their best writer left after season 1, and they proceeded to make those OTHER seasons. The fact is that the remaining writers never even came close to recapturing the clever storytelling of season 1. The additions to the cast starting in season 2 were all disasters, and from that season onward the writers just seemed to have no solid direction whatsoever for the story. By the end of the series, it established itself as one of the greatest disappointments in television history. Expand
  5. Mar 22, 2011
    No matter what is said about Lost it will go down in history as one of the greatest shows of all time. There's no doubt about that whatsoever. For six years the Island has dominated millions of people's lives with the endless mysteries and myths, and had us breathe every breath with each one of the members Oceanic 815. The big question was how would it all end? Sadly, not the way a show ofNo matter what is said about Lost it will go down in history as one of the greatest shows of all time. There's no doubt about that whatsoever. For six years the Island has dominated millions of people's lives with the endless mysteries and myths, and had us breathe every breath with each one of the members Oceanic 815. The big question was how would it all end? Sadly, not the way a show of this magnitude deserves. Whilst I can only speak for myself, i'm sure im not alone in feeling hugely let-down and disappointed in what was an average ending for an exceptional show. Rather than answer any questions, they created more! But I suppose in away that's what made Lost what it is, and the one thing that cannot be faulted regarding the ending is the emotional aspect in bringing closure to the protagonists stories which is carried out superbly in some deeply moving and poignant scenes to bring each characters story to a close, also they have thought carefully about how each person will interpret it as you can interpret whatever way you wish, which in a way is very clever but in a way is a cop out as surely its the writers responsibility to bring a definitive ending? Season 6 itself picks up straight where season 5 left off and returns to the present where Jacob has been murdered at the hands of The Man In Black, who is soon revealed as the Smoke Monster in the human form of John Locke (keeping up?) who reveals that he is going to leave the Island and intends on destroying it in the process. The alternate timeline in the final season seemingly indicates that the bomb in season 5 worked and all of the members of Oceanic 815 land safely back in LAX, and this is ultimately the key part of the final season. Thus setting up the main story for season 6 both on and off the Island. Whilst they (being the writers) do provide some answers regarding the numbers but their no hugely significant their merely each Candidate's number, as it turns out Oceanic 815 were crashed with a view to replacing Jacob as the guardian of the Island. There are some amazing episodes amongst the 18, and some not so. Ab Aeterno is a phenominal episode, where as Across The Sea is a disappointment. There are deaths along the way but thats to be expected and the deaths bring around some of the most heartbreaking and touching moments Lost has produced. Ultimately it all leads to The End, the inevitable showdown between Jack and Locke isn't quite what it should have been, destinies are fulfilled, heart-rending and tender goodbyes shared, the fate of the Island is solved and the shock truth about the flash-sideways (alternate storyline) is revealed, concluding with Lost's unforgettable and genius final scene. All in all an epic tv series which delivered some of the best TV ever scene as when it was good it was at times unbeatable but in the end had the impossible task of bringing it to an end. Either way, you can be sure that Lost will continue to be the centre of heated debate for years to come!! Expand
  6. Jan 23, 2013
    I really don't know what happened in this season. I can't say the writers were always going to move in the direction they went eventually. But it was still good, kind of. The writers tried to attribute random happenings to the Monster or the Island. Rules should have been made at the outset as to what each is and what they can do exactly, instead of justifying plot holes like theI really don't know what happened in this season. I can't say the writers were always going to move in the direction they went eventually. But it was still good, kind of. The writers tried to attribute random happenings to the Monster or the Island. Rules should have been made at the outset as to what each is and what they can do exactly, instead of justifying plot holes like the apparitions of Walt to Monster-related incidents. Expand
  7. Oct 27, 2013
    The best show's finale ever!! What a finale. Amazing & Perfect. No more words. Love the end, it was the most original. Love the fact that old characters return. Perfect, perfect and perfect. So good the Sun & Jim's death, and A+++++ the finale..
  8. Sep 19, 2010
    ALL ANTICIPATION AND EXCITEMENT, NO CLIMAX!
    ALL ANTICIPATION AND EXCITEMENT, NO CLIMAX!
    After waiting 6 years to find out why the members of Oceanic flight 815 were stranded on an island in the middle of the ocean, and wondering why the Dharma initiative was important (not to mention what they were doing there),trying to discern why time travel was a key element, and many other unanswered threads that had been built over the years. J.J. Abrams and team desired to answer all of our questions by doing the one thing no one hoped for or really expected. They desired not to answer anything but come up with a whole new thread of questions for the final season and answer them as the questions were asked. The season build up was fantastic. Much like the others each episode built on the next much like the rest of the series. However, the ending brought an end that was neither exciting nor fulfilling. All in all, a huge let done to a fantastic story.
  9. Jun 7, 2012
    The final season of Lost offers the most inconsistency and least amount of mystery of all the seasons. That being said, it's still mostly fun and worth your time. The series finale is very good, but beware: it won't answer every single question (mostly just the major ones). Every good story needs an ending, and Lost gets a good one that will probably leave fans wanting a little more.The final season of Lost offers the most inconsistency and least amount of mystery of all the seasons. That being said, it's still mostly fun and worth your time. The series finale is very good, but beware: it won't answer every single question (mostly just the major ones). Every good story needs an ending, and Lost gets a good one that will probably leave fans wanting a little more. Alas, we finally can break away and move on to other great shows. But Lost will be remembered as one of the greats, and deservedly so. Props to J.J. Abrams and the writers for keeping it interesting even while giving you a hundred questions and rarely offering even one straight answer. Expand
  10. Jan 13, 2012
    The ending wasn't what all of us fans were expecting, but it was a fantastically done ending. The story should have made it into 2011, 1 more season would have been good, so they could of made a more proper ending. Still loved every minute of every episode though. Miss the show so much!!!! A MUST SEE show for anybody who has never seen it!!!!!!!!!!!
  11. May 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Possibly the most anticipated final season in the history of television long time viewers were hoping that the shows many mysteries would be answered in a satisfactory way. The season opens with the realisation that an alternate reality has been created, as a result of the survivors actions in season five, in which Oceanic Flight 815 never crashed. The so called 'flash-sideways' into this reality taking the place of the flash-backs or flash-forwards of previous years.

Throughout this final season we were also given further insight into the islands purpose and history as well as why the survivors found themselves on the island. The connection between the islands story and the previously mentioned flash-sideways is gradually resolved throughout the season leading to an emotional and unexpected conclusion.

As the end credits rolled fan reaction to this conclusion understandably varied wildly. If you could accept the creator’s argument that Lost was about the characters journey it can be seen as a fitting conclusion. For many viewers however the finale ultimately left too much unanswered and some of what is answered felt a little unplanned, not really fitting with the shows ethos. Nonetheless it can't be denied that along the way Lost was one hell of a ride.
  12. Dec 27, 2011
    This review contains spoilers. Time To Let Go

â
  13. Oct 16, 2013
    Never has there been a more prime example of writers that don't know how to end a series. The flash forwards were bad. The tasteless reintroduction of dead characters was bad. And the number of unanswered questions and episodes of nothingness was way too high.
  14. Mar 1, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I may have recently finished Lost but it won't soon be forgotten. I don't take these words lightly but Lost has solidified itself as one of my favourite shows of all time. Sure, we didn't get all the answers this Season, but with an astounding series finale that has fans talking to this day, the final Season stands out amongst the series' unusually high standards.

If you've read my previous Lost reviews, you're probably surprised to hear how amazed I was with the finale. But looking back, I don't think fully explaining everything would be true to what Lost is. To be perfectly honest, I think it's fitting that Lost kept us guessing all the way to the bitter end. And at the end of the day, who really cares why a statue only has four toes? It's almost hilarious that Lost put me, as the viewer, through an experience similar to Jack Sheppard's throughout the entire series. Constantly demanding answers, until I finally finally realized I should have had more trust in the writers all along.

Notwithstanding, I feel that people who didn't like the finale have a fair argument. Isn't this lazy writing? Did they just pile mystery upon mystery to make up for slow pacing? These are questions that I have no answers to. For me, I think that half of the fun in Lost is the speculation. An hour and 40 minutes of pressing solutions wouldn't be nearly as entertaining as the character-driven "The End" that we were given. Maybe the writers wrote themselves in a corner, and that's all they could give us. However, whether intentional or not, Lost delivered what was the best series closer that I've ever seen, slightly eclipsing Breaking Bad's "Felina".

Whether or not your plot needs were satisfied, after watching "The End", it's almost impossible to argue that Lost doesn't have the best stable of characters out of any TV show. The band of misfits that were given another chance on the island have evolved tremendously under our eyes. If anything proves how deep and flawed these characters, it's the purgatory they've created for themselves. After death, The characters don't choose a world of pure bliss. Instead, they still refuse to let go of the troubles burdening them.

John Locke chose to be the one he was with, yet he couldn't let go of the feeling of not having a father to reach out to. Sawyer reverses his criminal ways but revenge still gives his life purpose, even though he seemingly got his much needed conclusion on the island. Sayid, meanwhile sees himself as nothing more than a murder in his afterlife (it's widely believed that Sayid saw himself like that before coming back to life, and he wanted nothing more than for the Man in Black to kill him so he can be with Nadia). Jack's obsession with fixing things comes to play in the other world too, while he also chose a world where he is still divorced, but this time, he has a son that he hopes won't repeat his same mistakes. These are but a few examples of the letting go that the characters must experience in the finale.

Entertainment of any kind rarely lets my floodgates loose. But I couldn't help myself the moments of pure joy the characters experienced when reuniting with each other. It sounds silly if you've never watched the show (if you haven't, why are you reading this review!) but we've spent over a hundred episodes buying into these characters and their relationships. Sawyer/Juliet and Jin/Sun remembering their experiences were the most potent. I'm welling up even thinking about. The Sayid and Shannon one had to be worst, though. Shannon was one of my least favourite characters and I don't think anyone really bought into their relationship.

The point where I couldn't help but bawl my eyes out over? The poetic ending where the series began. The final moments were hard to watch. Jack's selfless smile as he watched the plane take off reminds us that, although Jack has transformed from a man of science to one of faith, he's still that same character that impacted us as a caring individual since the pilot. And it was great seeing Vincent there, even though he seemed to be there for no apparent reason.

There were multiple stand-outs, but the best episode this Season other than the finale would have to be Richard Alpert's "Ab Aeterno". The episode is a brilliant piece of storytelling that tells us of Richard's intriguing backstory, and more fantastic scenes featuring Jacob and smokie.

The most disappointing episode of the Season was surprisingly close to the end. "Across the Sea" didn't have much of an overall cohesive narrative. On top of that, the pacing was suffocating, with answers frustratingly barely out of reach.

TV shows come and go all the time, and few will be celebrated as much as Lost, with good reason. Its six Seasons proved to me every time that this was something truly special. TV may try, but I don't think a show can ever match Lost's wide range of topics, and the debates they inspired.
  15. Oct 9, 2013
    A good season of intertwining plots and moments that paralleled our first meetings with this group of characters we grew to love for years. That is what I enjoyed the most about it, that it was a homage to all things that started this crazy, confusing ride. It is one of the best shows to have ever been made, and yes, it had such a polarized ending but I enjoyed it, it was great. My loveA good season of intertwining plots and moments that paralleled our first meetings with this group of characters we grew to love for years. That is what I enjoyed the most about it, that it was a homage to all things that started this crazy, confusing ride. It is one of the best shows to have ever been made, and yes, it had such a polarized ending but I enjoyed it, it was great. My love for the show triumphed my opinions on its ending. There were some loose ends that I would have liked to have seen wrapped up but I suppose what made Lost work so well was that it was all about questions and curiosity and fate. Fascinating. I'm still fascinated now. Expand
  16. Oct 19, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. this was the worst series finale of all time, how they would answer all those mysteries that have passed over six seasons? simple just say that everyone died. Expand
  17. Dec 3, 2013
    Awesome t.v. series! The best I have ever seen. Great acting from an enormous ensemble, interesting characters with plenty of character development, cool mysteries, and intense action all add up to a great show that beats the hell out of Breaking Bad.
  18. Jan 31, 2014
    I'm a big fan of series, i saw dexter, prison break, breaking bad and many series of this decade, but Lost are a serie at a was a great expectation to see.
    i love all the seasons and the episodes of the serie, it i all expected, have action, fights, desperate peoples, bad peoples, black smokes, pollar bears, crazy scientists, pretty womans, good actors, photography, geniality, ...
    But
    But was much have fixed me, has the love, friendship, human capacity in take care of another peoples don't matter if you never seen there before and the highest value of all, the faith, despite everything, everything will end ok, those things are really bad, but you have try to fixed that.
    You never will die alone, and that people you love, the people that you live together, will always be your biggest fuel is that you will have up after when it's over, so even if I never see you again there is still the possibility to see you in another life brother!

it's my frank conclusions of the serie LOST
  19. Oct 2, 2014
    Я думал, что после предыдущего сезона ничто не сможет испортить этот сериал... Но как же я ошибался.
  20. Oct 13, 2014
    Lost didnt answer all the questions but it did answer alot lost season 6 fell apart in the middle episodes but it got itself back in the lat 5 or so i thought it was a great way to end a great series.

There are no critic reviews yet.